Terrorism. New approach !

Atilla

Legendary member
19,418 2,850
I stand by the general conclusion that the majority of terrorists of origins in Islamic societies are religiously motivated. They are motivated towards violence as a way of as they see it defending their religion rather becoming clerics or missionaries or whatever because there is is an aspect of their religion which already denies very significant rights to religiously specified groups.

In Abedi's case, his sister asserts he wished to extract revenge for US military strikes in the Middle East, specifically those which had killed children. This is a political statement. But as we know that a high proportion of Muslims regard any attack on a Muslim country as an attack on the religion also, and that the duty of other Muslims is to bond together in opposition to such attacks, then we have to conclude there might well have been a religious element in what he did. In any case, in view of the evidence from other terrorist attacks and plots, if we wish to understand the problem, ignoring the religious element is blinkered and therefore dangerous.

Its is true that only a tiny percentage of Muslims commit terrorist acts, However, in the respected Channel 4 survey, 90% of Muslim respondents condemned terrorism. It should ideally have been 100%, but as it turns out, 90% is higher than amongst the UK population as a whole. Nevertheless, it is predominantly persons of Muslim origin who actually move on the acts of terrorism in the current political context. I still say this is due to a pre-disposing aspect of their religion as opposed to others.

As I said we are all free to believe what ever we like even with your ifs and buts when those closest to the terrorist outline the reasons behind his actions.

fwiw - He was reported by the muslim community. Who ever did the reporting would obviously like to remain anonymous. You have to remember Pakistanis and Libyan's not exactly of the same tribe.

Apparently, border police let him in despite his trip to Libya, Syria and return back to Manchester via Turkey and then Dusseldorf.

I would simply refuse entry to such people or bring them in for questioning and then send them back.

I can't imagine what justification this terrorist tit would have had for those trips. We must tighten up our border controls, customs and rules for entry that's for sure.

(y)

counter_violent

Legendary member
10,355 2,705
As I said we are all free to believe what ever we like even with your ifs and buts when those closest to the terrorist outline the reasons behind his actions.

fwiw - He was reported by the muslim community. Who ever did the reporting would obviously like to remain anonymous. You have to remember Pakistanis and Libyan's not exactly of the same tribe.

Apparently, border police let him in despite his trip to Libya, Syria and return back to Manchester via Turkey and then Dusseldorf.

I would simply refuse entry to such people or bring them in for questioning and then send them back.

I can't imagine what justification this terrorist tit would have had for those trips. We must tighten up our border controls, customs and rules for entry that's for sure.

(y)
Atilla has switched sides:clap::clap::clap: It's clear he believes in Brexit after all :)

Reactions: wackypete2

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
Build them McDonalds & Walmarts show them how great capitalism is and a hedonistic lifestyle can be.

Must win their hearts and minds :)

Atilla

Legendary member
19,418 2,850
Atilla has switched sides:clap::clap::clap: It's clear he believes in Brexit after all :)
No not at all. I have full confidence in the security services and our police and they should be given powers to do what is necessary.

I'd let the Europeans in. Problem is with the non-Europeans. I would also work very closely with them not subject cooperation on security to Brexit negotiations.

What I would not have done is attacked Iraq, removed Gadaffi, destabilised Syria or right now be preparing to destabilise Iran after the Sauidies bought American action with $bn dollar contracts.

You really are looking to twist and deceive debate aren't you CV? What's coming over you big fella? :rolleyes:

(y)

Atilla

Legendary member
19,418 2,850
Build them McDonalds & Walmarts show them how great capitalism is and a hedonistic lifestyle can be.

Must win their hearts and minds :)
Yo dude, trying to sell 'Ham'burgers to them lot is a feat I would very much like to see.

You might need to change the name first though. :cheesy:

However, check out Pilpel, they do roaring trade with queues going back 30+ waiting in the City.

This is one I used to buy from.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,083 1,194

(y)

No argument on this. Although he was British-born, I think its reasonable to ask him to provide verification for what he was doing in states like Libya and Syria. British passport or not.

But the government have given up on trying to control movement across our borders. As I understand it, and I'm happy to be corrected, if you're awaiting rights of entry and residence in the UK at present, you will be released into the community until a decision is made. If you're refused, you will only be deported if you are arrested for another crime, nobody comes looking. Why would they? That would be seen as a waste of budget. These people have disappeared from whatever was their declared address by that time anyway.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,366 1,501
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-40000952

Maybe it is time the wets stepped down from public office. Wringing hands, flowers and platitudes have done nothing but make the victims appear responsible.
Wet sock Welby is a good example of a do-gooder that is worse than useless. He was too busy to comment on the Paris attacks, communing with the trees, he says. Oh really, get off the Archbishopric throne Mr. useless.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,083 1,194
Religious leaders of all shades work to deflect the focus on religiously inspired terrorists. Long-term, this self-serving blindness will not help us to find solutions (if there are any).

Atilla

Legendary member
19,418 2,850
Do you include attacks on Yemen & Iran, Iraq & Syria, Pakistan and Afghanistan, Russia and Turkey and now Qatar in your list also or don't they count? Why just Europe?

Difficult to know who's attacking who? World is full of b4st4rds. So which religions are against use of birth control.

Wise up guys... :rolleyes:

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,250
Do you include attacks on Yemen & Iran, Iraq & Syria, Pakistan and Afghanistan, Russia and Turkey and now Qatar in your list also or don't they count? Why just Europe?
Middle Easterners are brown. Therefore, who cares?

It is somewhat enlightening, or should be, to compare the number of civilian casualties in the ME with the number of civilian casualties in Europe (including the UK).

Pat494

Legendary member
14,366 1,501
According to the TV the ISIL prescence in Raqqa is just about finished. The locals have shaved their beards and melted into the crowd while most of the foreigners have fled.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,083 1,194
There's no need to be self-righteous over this. The study we're talking about was confined to Europe and North America. Obviously other countries are afflicted too but there is no general requirement that all studies should consider all countries or else be negatively labelled. Inclusion of the entire world doesn't help in focusing on two regions of it. Exclusion doesn't mean their victims of terrorism are not important.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,366 1,501
I don't know how many convicted terrorists there are in UK jails. Probably in the 100s.
Even though most of them want to die and be with their 72 virgins, our soppy do-gooders won't allow that. They will be waited on hand and foot for the next 20/30 years at the taxpayers expense. What a system.....devised by idiots.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,418 2,850
There's no need to be self-righteous over this. The study we're talking about was confined to Europe and North America. Obviously other countries are afflicted too but there is no general requirement that all studies should consider all countries or else be negatively labelled. Inclusion of the entire world doesn't help in focusing on two regions of it. Exclusion doesn't mean their victims of terrorism are not important.
Agree with your post here absolutely and very strongly. (y)

Glad to see the absence of that word you flout so much :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock