Terrorism. New approach !

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
There's no need to be self-righteous over this. The study we're talking about was confined to Europe and North America. Obviously other countries are afflicted too but there is no general requirement that all studies should consider all countries or else be negatively labelled. Inclusion of the entire world doesn't help in focusing on two regions of it. Exclusion doesn't mean their victims of terrorism are not important.
Has nothing to do with self-righteousness but rather coverage and persistence. Bombings in the ME, for example, get a mention, maybe more over several days, whereas attacks in the West go on and on, day after day, with not only far more coverage but persistence that borders on the extreme.

Exclusion does not necessarily mean that victims in the ME are not important, but it does imply that that is in fact the case to the West. And yet we remain mystified as to the causes of terrorist attacks.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,097 2,701
Has nothing to do with self-righteousness but rather coverage and persistence. Bombings in the ME, for example, get a mention, maybe more over several days, whereas attacks in the West go on and on, day after day, with not only far more coverage but persistence that borders on the extreme.

Exclusion does not necessarily mean that victims in the ME are not important, but it does imply that that is in fact the case to the West. And yet we remain mystified as to the causes of terrorist attacks.
I'd say Bush was a bit of a terrorist. He held back $100 to strenthen New Orleans flood defences against engineering advice adn then doubled the US Budget deficit fighting stupid Iraq war and embarked on his Axis of Evil vision still chugging along now.

I remember a picture of the ****** looking out the window of an aeroplane with millions of peoples lives affected by not spending $100m.

That muppet is probably responsible for more death and destruction (including Blair) than any other terrorist imo.

People can be bloody minded and heartless to say the least. :mad:

Some even make it out to be a clever policy. IF we weren't doing it then somebody else would. What kind of logic for justification is that?

:cry::cry::cry:

joseph1986

Experienced member
1,899 90
It seems as though almost every lecture/forums I've watched in the last 6 months the fear of Nationalism by the elites is very real and they have no clue on how to control it....coincidentally nationalism is correlated with the influx of immigrants and their rise to middle and upper class. So in reality we should fear the day when more Muslims/Hispanics become our congressman, Physician, business owners and Judges.....5HIT that already happened! Had the U.S/UK/NATIO taken an approach to stabilizing nations instead of what's happening in Libya the folks at stormfront.org would have nothing to talk about. HOWEVER, I find the website extremely entertaining. Probably mistake most of the members as dog breeders if ethnicity wasn't mentioned so much.

joseph1986

Experienced member
1,899 90
the house majority whip was shot on the day they were going to vote on russia/iran sanctions. He has no international terrorism connections but he's in his 50's/60's and from Illinois. He did not even know it was a republican event so he asked one of the congressman...........James T. Hodgkinson is now dead but he was in surgery and taken alive at the hospital.
so.......what's he doing in Virginia on a business day when he owns a business in Illinois?
If he knew the majority whip was going to be there......he must have known the area would be heavily guarded...however if it was just the other congressmen the capitol police would probably have not been there why did he choose the whip? Why would a 66 year old business owner support bernie sanders....a man who effectively wanted to tax businesses over 60% of their profits.
gotta ask questions folks. He's dead so we won't ever know......that's how all these stories go

tomorton

Legendary member
7,560 1,033

Its no surprise that western media with western customers prioritise western events. But the media just report, its rare that they explain.

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
Its no surprise that western media with western customers prioritise western events. But the media just report, its rare that they explain.
Given that people continue to puzzle over the reasons for terrorist activity, the focus on Western events would appear to be self-defeating.

Being Western does not go hand-in-hand with being ignorant.

Surprise? No. It's all part of the arrogance that comes with white supremacy.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,560 1,033
Given that people continue to puzzle over the reasons for terrorist activity, the focus on Western events would appear to be self-defeating.

Being Western does not go hand-in-hand with being ignorant.

Surprise? No. It's all part of the arrogance that comes with white supremacy.

No its not. Its just the media being the media, making maximum returns for minimum effort and costs - they're a business competing with other businesses. They have no competitors who steal market share by explaining things better.

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
None of which is a justification for remaining ignorant of the reasons for terrorist activity, even if this is nothing more than a vent thread.

This is after all the age of the internet.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,097 2,701
I'm just wondering about the meaning of all this...

Qatar’s defense ministry says the country has signed a deal to buy F-15 fighter jets from the U.S. for $12 billion, completing a deal even as President Trump has accused the nation of supporting terrorism.

Reuters writes the U.S. approved the possible sale of up to 72 jets to Qatar for $21.1 billion in November. Boeing BA, +0.02% is the prime contractor on the jet sale, but declined to comment. Last week, Trump accused Qatar of being a “high-level” sponsor of terrorism.

So the US accuses Qatar state government of colluding with terrorists and then agrees to sell them high tech state of the art F15 fighter jets?

Let's just stop and think about this for one short second. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
Actually we've been thinking about it for decades, ever since the US outfitted both the Saudis and the Israelis.

Which is one chief reason why one can take whatever politicians say with a very large grain of salt.

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,051
Can something be done ?

YES YES YES

The current policy of just trying to capture the perpetrators isn't good enough.
Terrorist cells need nipping in the bud.
1.To do this many sting operations need to be mounted. Preferably by fellow muslims.

Trump may just have the balls to do something on these lines rather than accuse the wrong countries.
The Europeans haven't got what it takes as yet.
The problem is the muslims as a group do not even denounce terrorism by fellow muslims AFAIK. How many IMAMS have publicly denounced muslim extremists?

Peter

Atilla

Legendary member
19,097 2,701
The problem is the muslims as a group do not even denounce terrorism by fellow muslims AFAIK. How many IMAMS have publicly denounced muslim extremists?

Peter
Loads mate but police didn't want to get involved saying it was a private matter.

Here you go... http://hackneypost.co.uk/2009/03/10/leader-of-finsbury-park-mosque-threatened-by-extremists/

As for Hamza hook eye, I'm sure his in some villa somewhere with his 40 wives or virgins at tax payers expense. Personally I always thought he was an agent as I could not comprehend the leniency shown towards the focker.

More recently London terrorists have been rejected for muslim burial. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-bridge-terrorists-imams-refuse-funeral-prayer-khuram-shazad-butt-rachid-redouane-a7774291.html

Which ever way I look at it, defence industries need a bogey man to get their budgets.

Have you watched this video yet?