Bets in the City - Book - Must for new traders

Zenda

I thought you would like to know about a brilliant new book on trading which has been released in time to get it for yourself or for fellow traders. Humorous and well written.

Its not that I'm mentioned inside (or is it my modesty being called Mr Big!!) but it is now available from below- But not at the published price of £9.99 but at a reduced price of

£6.59 Click this link below

http://books.global-investor.com/bo...0&identifier=944960d5f7d7c37b648f6c4b4a779bef

Description of Bets and the City

"Markets. They go up. They go down. How difficult can it be?"

Sally Nicoll begins her spread betting journey with magnificently misplaced optimism. Join her on this rollercoaster ride to hardened pessimist - and wised-up realist.

Funny, frank, factual

Should we be afraid that in the digital era, anyone with a broadband connection and a few hundred pounds can gatecrash the elite world of City traders - even if, like Sally Nicoll, they are numerically dyslexic?

Sally is looking for a source of extra cash to fund a sabbatical while she writes a novel, and decides spread betting is the answer. She tries to open an account with Finspreads - "their web site has the best colour scheme" - only to discover she's been credit blacklisted. Instead of being thankful for divine intervention, she complains to the marketing department and is hired to write an online trading blog.

Bets and the City is based on Sally's enormously popular column for Finspreads. In between the funny bits, there's some really useful information:

- Never take a holiday in Cornwall when you're speculating on sterling against the dollar
- Why you should resist the temptation to be kind to your mother
- Sensible advice from the man who lost $10 million in a single trading session
- Why women make better traders than men
- The simple trade that enables you to turn your computer into a cash register

Sally's romp through the City, combined with her anecdotes of hanging out in celebrity-studded Primrose Hill, will appeal to investors, gamblers, and anyone who enjoys playing with money. And prepare to be entertained by Sally's spread betting accomplice, a Jack Russell called Dow Jones...

Contents of Bets and the City

1. In which my dad teaches me the Golden Rule of gambling 2. To make £1 million, all I need is a computer and an Internet connection 3. I am rash, but not stupid 4. I trade my entire knowledge for one cup of coffee 5. The meaning of stop-loss leverage And an offer I must refuse 6. Thirteen advantages of spread betting - but only one company for my account 7. An inauspicious start - I am accused of a criminal past 8. I prove my innocence, open my Finspreads account and win something for a rainy day 9. The Welshman invites me to write about my new life as a novice spread better 10. Mr. Big's Top Ten Tips And why you should never be kind to your mother 11. My first trades reveal if I am a chicken or a pig 12. Random trading for less than the minimum wage 13. Commonsense spread betting wins me pretty new underwear and two free tanks of petrol 14. How my next spread bet is prompted by a Japanese fighting dog 15. In which I almost make £900 - but it all goes horribly wrong 16. Behind the scenes in the dealing room - so near yet so far from the customer who's £750,000 in profit 17. Trader's block and a four-legged Dow Jones 18. Expert advice takes me in a new direction 19. What happens when I ignore expert advice?
20. Why I decide to dump my biggest winner 21. There's a market worth $1.5 trillion a day I'll have some of that!
22. A series of unfortunate events
23. Making money from the Government
24. Is this the darkest hour?
25. I give up spread betting and make a new friend 26. The Welshman's final words of encouragement help me back to winning ways 27. I have nine winning trades. Does it really matter if we don't know what's driving the market?
28. Do women make better traders than men?
29. My New Year Trading Plan And tragic news about the Google share price 30. I do well enough to start dreaming about villas in the South of France - and a yacht 31. Pride comes before a fall 32. I am commanded from beyond the grave to continue my trading education 33. I finally get the hang of spread betting And make nineteen successive winning trades 34. Pride comes before a fall (Part 11) 35. Sensible advice from a man who lost $10m - in a single day 36. My spread betting secret is out!
37. 40% profit in six months
38. In which I have my head examined
39. I find my spread betting methodology tattooed on human flesh 40. Madness in my methodology?
41. In which I turn my computer into a cash register 42. The Four Pillars of Trading Strategy 43. I attend Traders' University 44. I break the Traders University rules - and the promise of imminent wealth is dangled before me 45. In which I stop gambling and begin to trade 46. Sex, lies and Paul McCartney

About Sally Nicoll

Sally Nicoll has a ready-made fan base, and the word is about to spread a whole lot wider. Before squandering her fortune on financial trading and novel writing, she spent many years as an advertising copywriter, persuading people how - and where - to spend their money. She will be actively involved in the marketing of Bets and the City, with radio appearances already booked.

A Great Read

Zenda :cool:

www.learntrading.co.uk

Attachments

• Bets in the City.jpg
    Bets in the City.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,506
Zenda,

I struggled with the contents. Was it (over)written by an eighteen year old?

Grant.

Last edited:
Bets and the City

JUST GO ON TO FINSREADS. THEY USED TO HAVE THIS ON THEIR SITE UNDER DIARY OF A SPREADBETTER. I SUPPOSE THEY HAVE JUST FILLED THE REST OF THE BITS OUT WITH BUMFH TO MAKE IT INTO A BOOK. I THINK FINSPREADS WERE USING IT TO SHOW NEWBIES THE WAY. IF YOUR BRAND NEW TO SPREAD BETTING YOU WILL LEARN SOME STUFF ABOUT STOPS AND MONEY MANAGEMENT. UNLESS THEY HAVE PUT MORE STUFF IN IT. READ IT FOR FREE ON THE LINK BELOW

http://www.finspreads.com/IFXweb/Finspreads/Code/en/main/index.aspx?MainMenu_Selected=Diary

gedward3 said:
JUST GO ON TO FINSREADS. THEY USED TO HAVE THIS ON THEIR SITE UNDER DIARY OF A SPREADBETTER. I SUPPOSE THEY HAVE JUST FILLED THE REST OF THE BITS OUT WITH BUMFH TO MAKE IT INTO A BOOK. I THINK FINSPREADS WERE USING IT TO SHOW NEWBIES THE WAY. IF YOUR BRAND NEW TO SPREAD BETTING YOU WILL LEARN SOME STUFF ABOUT STOPS AND MONEY MANAGEMENT. UNLESS THEY HAVE PUT MORE STUFF IN IT. READ IT FOR FREE ON THE LINK BELOW

http://www.finspreads.com/IFXweb/Finspreads/Code/en/main/index.aspx?MainMenu_Selected=Diary

Excellent link - appreciated. :D

Thanks Sally for the mention in Chap 17. Not sure you quite understood my point but never mind ............ :D