Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Apologies for the downtime this morning, we were down for about 2.5 hours. Server ran out of space, so will have a spring clean to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Apologies for the downtime this morning, we were down for about 2.5 hours. Server ran out of space, so will have a spring clean to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I thought maybe it was a virus in the system........

Human to server transmission, can you imagine...
Which thought is more terrifying: human to server transmission or server to human transmission? There's gotta be a great si-fi movie in there somewhere - if one hasn't already been made.

I've tweaked the search algorithm so that newer content surfaces to the top more easily, which is generally more relevant to members.

Hi Paul,

Is there a way to have search by member results display in reverse chrono order? i.e oldest first.

There's a wealth of good information in the threads and I like ferreting around in the history of various members - late lamented, or just late - and I can't see how to get the results to come up in anything but most recent first and then laboriously going back by clicking on the "older items" button. Is this a Xenforo... or a Cantagril thing?

It's definitely a Xenforo thing cantagril, just took a look and there's no way to flip the ordering, your best bet is to click the final numbered page of results and work back from there. Perhaps that's an area they'll improve in the future, there's a new version rolling out shortly, which will upgrade to - although I don't believe has this functionality although it does have some useful enhancements.

(features)

hi Sharky, (hopefully this is the correct thread)
On my account features, it shows "Reactions Received", where members spread the love.
But there doesnt seem to be a "Reactions Given". Is there one?
As sometimes, I give a thumbs-up to a post that contains good content or a link or a source of info.
This can act as a sort of bookmark to specific post.

Is there such a thing as list of "Reactions Given"?

I agree @trendie that would be handy, I had a look over on Xenforo's website (the forum software we use) and someone else suggested it, but as yet it's not a feature of the software, so we'll have to wait for now. Sorry!

Yes! I was having a play around with some of the configuration options. It let's me choose any shape from a circle up to an octagon. I liked the hexagon too. What do you think? There's also an updated version of Xenforo out soon, so there'll be some more tweaks coming!

You mean pentagons, yeah they don't centre the letter in the shape, so they look a bit off to me. How about hexagons?

The hexagonal boxes look ok where members have a simple initial. But, IMO, they spoil the look of more intricate images because it truncates them somewhat. Stick to circles!

@Sharky have you changed the way the thread views is displayed? I used to easily be able to get the exact views count rather than rounded to the SI prefix.