Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

We've updated the social bookmarking icons on threads to just the most popular three: digg, twitter and facebook.

The revamped recommendation system now removes any mention of reputation (we still need to update the FAQ).

Also changed the recommend posts system so you can now recommend any post you want from any user with no limits placed.

Last edited:
We've updated the logged in status in the forums (in the top right, where it says Welcome.... {member}) and replaced the notifications dropdown with # of unread private messages.

You also seem to have dispensed with the "recommended by" list from posts. Was this intentional?

Is there a problem with posting?

Everytime i post it still shows the input screen after i've submitted it so i end up trying to post it again but it's already gone onto the thread.

Recommended list back, small bug caused it not to show - now fixed. Two small enhancements, the T2W Team badges for Staff, Mods and Advisors now links you to the Meet the Team page; and vendor icons now link through to the member's url if they have that set in their profile.

When you post a new thread, you can use the 'Check Title' button next to the title textbox to see if an existing thread exists that has a similar name. This should help to avoid starting a new thread when one already exists for the same or similar purpose. Older members may remember this a feature we used to have but it stopped working some time ago.

We've added mini trading profiles. So now on every members post,if you've filled out your trading profile; we'll display this
trading-profile.png
icon. If you click it you'll get a short version of the member's trading profile, listing just these fields:

- Trading Experience
- Trading Work Status
- Preferred Trading Style
- Preferred Markets
- Preferred Trading Instruments
- Preferred Trading Methodology
- Favorite Trading Book
- Favorite Trading Tip

If you haven't filled out your trading profile, now would be a good time! Just follow this link here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/profile.php?do=editprofile and update your options.

Please note, we're aware of an issue whereby some members who have not filled out their trading profile defaulted to these options:

Trading Experience: No experience
Trading Work Status: Spare-Time

In the next few days we'll update our database to remove these defaults.

We've added an attachment link
paperclip.gif
at the top right of every thread, to easily browse a list of all attachments on a thread.

We've added an attachment link
paperclip.gif
at the top right of every thread, to easily browse a list of all attachments on a thread.

excellent: just like FF! :clap:(y)

this will help people browse a thread for indicators as attachments.

We've added a fix to the advertising banners so they don't appear above the menus, ie. when you click on the drop-down menus 'Search' and 'Quick Links' in the forums.

Hi Tony, please let me know which advert continues to give you the problem and which browser you're using, pm me if you prefer. Thanks.

We've identified the problem with the menus, and should have a fix in place before the end of the day.

Also we've added two new games to the arcade. So if you don't have a high score yet, now's your chance before the gaming pros get their teeth into them...

Attack of the Fan Girls
Attack Of The Fan Girls, a simplistic tower defence clone with our own quirky humour included. In support of the v3 Arcade community the game includes no ads for monetization.

Harbor Fishing
Yumeh the cat has been yowling about an empty belly. Help Lance feed him by taking the SS Meow into the harbor and dropping a hook to catch as much as you can in two minutes!

Attachments

• 13315a8dd50367dbe41dffcf1712aca4.png
    13315a8dd50367dbe41dffcf1712aca4.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 2482ac0ac371d458f07482e972dbea8d.jpg
    2482ac0ac371d458f07482e972dbea8d.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Following on from yesterday's blog migration to the forums, we need to update every users' post counts to make sure they are accurate. As currently members who have posted blog entries only are not showing as having any posts - which is clearly incorrect. Please be aware that we well recalculate EVERYONE's post counts based on how many posts you currently have in the public/private forums. Any posts which have been pruned or removed for whatever reason will not get added to your post count, so its likely your post count may go down rather than up as a result. We're not anticipating this having much impact to everyone's post counts, but in case you're wondering why it's changed, at least now you know!

We'll be running the update now, and it should finish in a few hours maximum.

All the article discussion threads have now been moved to the new T2W Articles Forum here: T2W Community - T2W Articles - so in case you're wondering whether your favourite discussion thread is, you'll find them all conveniently located in this one place.

We've also fixed all the issues with the Ignore system. So now you can choose to ignore any forum or thread (using the tools dropdown), or member (using the dropdown when you click on their name - and it will be gone from your view and new posts. You can then change your settings in your admin cp.

As a first step on the road to removing the bloat from the site, we've gone ahead today and removed the following features. Most weren't being used. The Visitor Messages had some activity but it tended to be spam that flew under the radar of the mods or messages from new members that were more appropriate for the forums.

- removal of TV & Radio links page
- removal of Social Groups
- removal of Forums for Social Groups
- removal of Journals link from the header
- removal of T2W Bug & Feature Tracker
- removal of Visitor Messages and Tracking on the Profile page

How come when I go into my profile I can't see the last 10 peeps who've been poking around in there?

When did that change?

dd