Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I get this when I click on 'Trading Journals'

Today we updated how oversized images display in the thread. In the past, a member could link to any size of image and this would end up breaking the format of the page by stretching it across the screen.

Now when an oversize image is linked in this way, we automatically resize it to the maximum width available. If you want to see the full size image then simply click on the image, and it'll appear directly on the page.

For an example of what I mean, check out dentist007's thread from today:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/analysis/86964-learning-read-price-action-p-f-charts-105.html

The option for uploading custom avatars is not working. Also there are still new posts with oversize wide images that are not resizing.

Thanks for reporting Trader333, we'll fix the custom avatars not working today.

Oversized images now resizing correctly.

The search in the header of the site has been updated to let you choose whether to display the results as threads ('Results as Threads' - default) or as posts ('Results as Posts').

If you're interested in finding a thread, using the default search method.

But if you're more interested in a particular post (esp. in a long thread) then you'll definitely want to use the 'Results as Posts'.

More search tips and upgrades to search coming next week..

If you noticed the site was down for a few minutes this evening it was because we were upgrading our database to support forum searches for 3 letter words. That means you can now successfully search for words like 'GBP', 'USD', 'ETX' etc. Before we only returned results for 4 letter words.

We're looking into the viability of extending this to two letter words, eg. 'IB', 'UK', 'FX' etc. If you think that would be useful, then let us know.

An update to the recommended post system.

I always thought the idea of 'recommending' a post was a bit clunky. So we've changed it to 'liking' a post, and hence we've updated the icon from thanks.gif to like.gif

Not an earth shattering change by any means.

Is it possible for you to make it such that a thread does not appear in new posts based solely on a post from an ignored user?

Given the number of nonsense posters, this is becoming a bit annoying.

I'm afraid there isn't any 'out of the box' easy way to do it.

Can you give a couple of examples of the nonsense posters? PM me if you prefer.

Site near impossible today from late morning. Very slow and often timed out. Several have mentioned it and certainly Chrome and Firefox users.

Hey all, I can confirm there were some server issues, but theses now appear to be resolved. Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the disruption to normal service!

Same here as well.
Looks like that ancient 286 under sharky's stairs is finally keeling over :LOL:

bad server or IP power

it need 15 sec to open the reply window
choose a thread from forum need 30 sec to open the site.

that is a pain to read and follow this forum, your competitors FF have a response time of under a sec here at my connection in asia.

cheers

Server problems

Hey all, I can confirm there were some server issues, but theses now appear to be resolved. Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the disruption to normal service!

Hi Sharky

Sorry to disagree but your site has serious problems right now for all. Could you maybe call in the mechanics and look under the bonnet?

Kind regards

Jonny