Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Looks like we didn't check it - sorry about that. It's going to require some extra work, should be up and running shortly.

Before the latest wave of changes, one could scroll over a chart image and see how many times that chart had been clicked on. Now all one gets is the name of the chart and the file type. Any chance of restoring the "hit" function?

Hi db

You can still view your image hits in user cp/ attachments but agree the old function was useful and should be reinstated.

We'll fix that. In the meantime you can enjoy various new improvements to the website, including:

* Improved User Control Panel Navigation - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/profile.php?do=editprofile
* Private Message Preview - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/private.php
* Reputation Update - now you can only give positive reputation and a list of the members who have 'approved' a post is displayed underneath it
* Notice Bar - if you haven't posted yet, or not for a while or activated your account, then we gently prompt you with a list notification at the top of the page ;)
* Similar Thread Check - Option to check if the same/similar thread already exist when posting a new one
* Quick search - adding search thread titles only (later today)

We've removed the calendar facility from the website. Recently our data feed was plagued with problems, and rather than offer a poor service, we'd prefer to take it offline for a while and relaunch it a month or so when we improved the UI and the breadth and speed of announcements.

I've upped the allowable avatar size from 60 pixels to 85 pixels (height/width), don't all go crazy. ;)

No - we still have those domains and they all redirect to http://www.trade2win.com - it wasn't working today though, but now fixed. Seems like when we finished the move to the new server yesterday someone forgot to move redirect the other domains to the new server :whistling

We've added a new notification dropdown in the top right of the page, this replaces the "Your Private Messages' notification. Basically the new system not only notifies you of new private messages, but also a whole range of things, inc: profile visitor messages, friend requests, requests to join your social groups, unread picture comments etc.

The attachment hover has been fixed, it now shows 'name, views and size' when you move your mouse over it.

The printable threads and PDF downloads are finally working with images included! Woot!

Please be aware that the PDF downloads take a significant amount of time to generate. If you're downloading a long thread with several large images, then expect the pdf to take 10mins + to create!

In the future we may look at ways to batch process conversion of threads to pdfs overnight for availability each morning.

The printable threads and PDF downloads are finally working with images included! Woot!

Please be aware that the PDF downloads take a significant amount of time to generate. If you're downloading a long thread with several large images, then expect the pdf to take 10mins + to create!

In the future we may look at ways to batch process conversion of threads to pdfs overnight for availability each morning.

Seems okay to me! I took a thread with 50 posts and a dozen images and that took be about 30 seconds. Seems fine to be. Exporting threads with over a thousand posts might be another matter :-0

We've upgraded the forum search and you can now search for all 3 letter words, for instance "T2W" :)

We've now removed the rep dots altogether - you can still recommend a post; and leave a comment or thank you. But the idea of a 'reputation level' represented either by stars, dots or some arbitrary number has been scrapped - from my observations on this forum; and others; that have used the system - although the idea appears to be a good one on paper; the reality is somewhat different. (reposted from here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-feedback/62120-get-rid-rep-system-9.html so no-one misses it).

Excellent decision, Paul.
Our kids got past gold stars when they left nursery school..........though of course there are some members here who behave as if they are still in nappies, never mind short trousers.
Richard

The 'Members Suggestions' forum has been removed - all threads that were listed in there are now moved to it's parent forum 'T2W Feedback'. We've done this because the T2W Bug/Feature Tracker, which is now monitored daily, is the best place to keep track of new feature requests.

Okay, what's happened to our flags (again)?

Not that I'm a jingoistic patriot or anything, I just like to know why things have changed.

Earlier today (Monday), I could see people's "flags" in their postings.

Now I can't.

Why would that be?

Curious souls wish to know.

Thanks.

Mike