Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Flags now re-appearing, we changed the flag-set yesterday, but there was a problem with the naming convention which we just fixed.

Quite a few updates today:

The big one being the Arcade - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums - Arcade - we used to have something similar a while back, but sine we were feeling nostalgic we decided to bring it back.There's more games than ever and you can now challenge other members to a game, (tip: click on their username and challenge to whatever game you like - when they visit the arcade they'll get a notice informing them of the challenge, which they can accept or decline). You can get to the arcade from a link in the Lounge category on the forum homepage.

Social forum group have been updated; the ability to create a social forum, when you have at least 5 members should now be working. We updated the actual page for the social group to make it look more like the member profile page.

The top 10 feature on the forum home page has been updated, there's now lots more stats that you can view.

The members list here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/list/ is updated to remove the old rep system and to provide quick links to the posts of each member.

Last edited:
I don't think so for copyright/licensing reasons, but we'll have a look for any alternatives.

Today's update is only small but quite handy nonetheless. In every thread the thread starter is indicated in their post with the image you see to the right (I started this thread of course :)). This is particularly useful for longer threads, where you might jump into the conversation mid-flow, and saves looking at the the first page of posts to find out who started the thread.

Should be showing now - although we still need to fix some other missing icons.

We've updated social groups by:

- adding a link to them from the navigation bar at the top;
- adding to the bottom of the forum homepage a list of the social groups you're a member of along with details of the group inc. the last discussion post made.
- revising the description of social forums on the forum home page, to make it reflect more accurately how they work:
Social groups with 5+ members can create their own forum (the link is at the bottom of your social group page). For public groups - only group members can post in their forum but everyone can read. For invite only groups - only group members have access.

We've now upgraded the Search page here to support 'threads rating', both as a constraint (ie. search for all threads with at least a rating of 5) and to sort the results (ie. order results by rating descending). We hope this makes it easier for you to find some of the most highly rated threads on the site. Thanks to Ingot54 for the suggestion here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-feedback/59086-filter-threads-star-rating.html

You may also have noticed we changed the date/time settings to make it more easier to see when a post/thread was made. Before it would say for example, Today 12:15 PM, whereas now it may say 15 Mins Ago.

Finally when you mouse over the T2W Badges for Staff, Moderators and Advisors, it tells you what those terms mean.

You may also have noticed we changed the date/time settings to make it more easier to see when a post/thread was made. Before it would say for example, Today 12:15 PM, whereas now it may say 15 Mins Ago.

I had a look but couldn't find a way of changing back to the old way - are we stuck with your new way or can we have a choice?

:?:

We've now upgraded the Search page here to support 'threads rating', both as a constraint (ie. search for all threads with at least a rating of 5) and to sort the results (ie. order results by rating descending). We hope this makes it easier for you to find some of the most highly rated threads on the site. Thanks to Ingot54 for the suggestion here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-feedback/59086-filter-threads-star-rating.html

Finally when you mouse over the T2W Badges for Staff, Moderators and Advisors, it tells you what those terms mean.

For older posts, it could be sometimes useful to see what day of the week it was made.
(Easy to work out on recent posts).

As a newbie it was nice to have time and date on posts where guys were making calls and taking positions (especially on older posts). You can then look at the setup at the time and see if / why they were successful.

Is it possible to have time and date as an option?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback regarding the time, I think you made some good points, so we've switched back to the old system until we find a way to always show the time

I haven't been able to eliminate the email advices concerning subscribed threads, yet. I posted what I was doing on the Feedback thread. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Don't think so, though.

Split

Thanks for the feedback regarding the time, I think you made some good points, so we've switched back to the old system until we find a way to always show the time

Thanks, I like my old slippers!

:D

PS - whats with the Brazilian flag? I thought you lived in the Smoke.

In an effort to maximise usability on the website, we've streamlined the menu bars removing a lot of clutter and retaining the features/links that are most important.

So on the top main navigation, Videos link has moved to a sub-forum link of General Trading; Books and Reviews have moved to the footer menu bar (note that the reviews section will be relaunched in the coming weeks, as the current version is broken).

The blue forum links have also changed. We've removed all the links we consider obsolete, or which can be accessed through the remaining links (and which we didn't feel were sufficiently important to have their own links). In case you're wondering, new posts is still available but it's in the top right corner of the page, as it has always been - this is the preferred method for checking new posts.

We've also removed the social group message from forum home too.

We'll continue to make further cosmetic changes to improve usability over the coming days.