SW London pub meet

Well, I live about 20 minutes from said pub so I certainly would turn up!!

Style? Swing. As for downloading applications, I would prefer MSN and you're most welcome to have my MSN addie (just PM).

O.k, well thats 3 that are prepared to meetup.

myself,
Shadow ninja &
donald duke.

I would enjoy metting up with the pair of you and feel that I could learn and hopefully share some wisdom back but my fear is that 3 is a little thin on the ground. If one cant make it, it leaves only two.

Maybe we should hold this meeting and wait for some others, as you know shadowninja, unexpected events can happen like it did to you last time when we didn't meet up. Like I've said before, I dont mind the travel but just to meet up with myself is no fun.

The brighton meetup had about 7 wanting to go, myself and 3 others turned up.

I vote for holding this meeting for a future date and seeing if others wish to learn and share their trading knowledge.

I'd certainly be up for it on a different weekend (6th September looks good to me) however I come under the umbrella of small and inexperienced - I'm 5'short", am yet to get any further than back testing and I'm still a bit iffy with some of the jargon.

For what it's worth I'm interested in mechanically trading forex with half an eye on trying my hand at trading other instruments using similar techniques when I start having success with forex. A quick flick through my journal will give a better idea of where I am with trading.

Vrothdar,

Thats fine, some experince and knowledge is a start and we'll all learn from each other. The main point is that you are serious that you want to learn like I belive you are (due to your presence on t2w) and that you understand the risks, as it seems you do.
You'd be more than welcome.

Donald duke,
Lets see what other weekend it is first then decide whether or not you can make it. As with most things, a little planning can achieve a lot. It would also be a pleasure to meet you also, I have seen your profile and believe I could take something valuable away.

Lee? Since Hopesandoval is interested, we could do it. Sounds like enough.

Ok, shadowninja,

I'm gonna get real here, this is my serious head speaking:

Although I'd love to meet up with you and others and I love a good drink and a laugh, but:

It's got to be for the reason of talking shop otherwise I might as well go out with my mates instead and talk about beer and boobs.

Even though Hopesandoval said they will attend, I know nothing of this person. They have contributed 3 posts since joining and one of them is asking to attend, the persons profile is not filled out, it just says a MALE in england with NO trading experience. Fill out the profile so we know who you are and what level your at. Your opening post says your name is FIONA, is this correct or is male correct. I may be wrong but I dont know of any bloke called Fiona....well just one but he only comes out on fridays.

I'm not being stuck up me own ar5e here but I dont want to have a one way conversation with guys and girls that have no experience whatsoever. I not out to teach, I'm out to share and learn.

I look forward to meeting up with you shadow ninja and am sure it will be soon, but not this weekend.

By the way, are you going to the london expo on Friday 26th September? I went to the last one with a few trader friends who are active on here, then a few drinks afterwards. Its a good day and usually pick up some info or if I know it already then its just a refresher, either way its an excuse to get away from the station.

The Information Exchange | IX Investor 08 - 26th September Seminars

Last edited:
Oh. :(

Let me see if I can get some others interested who came to the last one but haven't responded. Will let you know tonight.

As for the London expo thing... FRIDAY... don't they know Friday's a trading day???

Oh. :(

Let me see if I can get some others interested who came to the last one but haven't responded. Will let you know tonight.

As for the London expo thing... FRIDAY... don't they know Friday's a trading day???

Take your PDA, failing that, theres more screens than you can shake a stick at so if you have any positions your watching then you can still trade.

One reason why its friday as they cut down on time wasters that just show up on saturday for something to do. Having it on a workday means you have to sacrifice valuable time for theirs.

IMHO, this sort of meeting isn't about sharing information, it's purely social and about meeting like minded people.
The only public ones I've been to are t2w xmas parties and a t2w US day traders meal in Chinatown. The latter was great fun with Alan Rich and myself and some really capable US momentum traders Alan and I had already met and some other good people.
Did we exchange information? No, but we had a damn good time :)
Richard