Sucessful Profitable Spreadbetting - The way I do it

Baz thought you were away, but as you are not can you regale us with how you got your 50% today as surely you have finished by now.

I came to this forum looking for some shared experiences and exchange of ideas, some are very good, helpful and insightful. Then there are the threads like this and you deserve this with rubbish and then using it as an excuse to not 'share' your trades live.

If you claim to be great, then why not to expect people to ask 'ok great one, would you mind demonstrating your greatness as we only learnt of it 5 minutes ago, from you, so we may need a bit of convincing'.

What also is the point of writing if you will not share as who will read a thread that has one post every day at 14.00 saying another 50% today guys I am going golfing, I will tell you tomorrow the same but will never back it up.

It is purile, futile and to be honest, like your 'wife' says 'why bother honey'.

We all agree with her too. So either man up and behave reasonably and until you can do that then please stop wasting out time and expecting credit.

By the way I have moved on to 4 minutes abs, same result and only 80% effort.

You are getting it wrong

I didn't say I was great - I just said that I make a reasonable living from it - I still have bad trades like everyone - its just I closely watch the trend lines. Just sitting in the bar watching some golfers and reading comments on my iphone whilst the lady has a massage. So no trading today

f00k off, and shut the door on our way out.

Reported.

you come on here expecting to be received with open arms, but when it's not all hugs & cuddles you get the hump and start abusing people who simply ask you for proof ?

way outta line buddy ......

You are getting it wrong

I didn't say I was great - I just said that I make a reasonable living from it - I still have bad trades like everyone - its just I closely watch the trend lines. Just sitting in the bar watching some golfers and reading comments on my iphone whilst the lady has a massage. So no trading today

Is she Thai......?? :cool:

After in-depth back-testing, I've hit upon a strat that gives a consistent 50% loss per day, so now I'm going to reverse it and be up there with baz in the trading firmament.

I like my bed,
Prefer the

beautiful-women-photography-0.jpg
myself :cheesy:

After in-depth back-testing, I've hit upon a strat that gives a consistent 50% loss per day, so now I'm going to reverse it and be up there with baz in the trading firmament.
:LOL:
Before you reverse it sell it to chumps for £500 a pop, they love a bit of that(y)

"the lady has a massage"

why would you assume she is Thai if she is receiving a massage ?

that's some strange leap of fantasy....mind you, we've seen that before from you.......

It would take an awful amount of explaining to you rathcoole and one feels the following Millennium is close enough......:smart:

you know what I think....you're lying !

you make a living and £200 a day from a £400 account trading at £2 pp..... LOL :LOL:

you'd never been successful at spreadbetting and suddenly were when you lost your job....aye right !

Hello

I am new to this forum and have read many posts with great interest, but thought it was time to put my personally comments about Spread betting.
It seems that you all require some success stories of profitable SP. I am not one of these.
I have been doing this on and off for over 10 years. Sometimes made big, but always lost out.

But recently my business collapsed so I had time on my hands - It was hard to get a job with my expertise (IT Systems developer) in the area I lived in so I needed to do something.

I scraped together £400 and went back into Spread betting using the CMC System. First let me say - I find this system excellent and is one of the best around. I now make a full time living from it making an average of £200 a day from it (still using the same £400 capital).

I keep promising to teach myself technical analysis, but never get round to it - I have sort of adopted my own method of reading charts.

If I was giving tips I would:-

a) Stay reasonably knowledgeable about the daily news.

b) Limit the number of instruments you trade with - I only trade UK100, US30 and German Indices and occasional Bent Crude Oil if I feel good about them - and that’s it.

c) Know the economic daily calendar - This way you will which events/news will move the market and approx at what times. So will see short term trend lines appears before and after each economical calendar event - like Non-farm payrolls and trade deficit balances etc

d) I only trade at £1 or £2 a point. Any bigger then the psychology of it all changes and you will panic more. I have proven this many times.

e) Always have stop loss positions on each - I always set around a 30pt stop loss and stop out early.

f) I try not to have positions open when I am busy doing other things - to many opportunities can me missed. The other day I took my family to the cinema - I missed the important 1:30 USD Initial Jobless Claims report - as a result i missed out on some big intraday profits as there were large swings.

g) Not everyone recommends this - but I watch the screen and if I feel the trend changing I back out and take any profits and then back in again in the other direction.

h) Do not be greedy, otherwise you will lose. Set the daily minimum amount you want to make and try and stick to it. On Friday I had may £243 by 9am in the morning - that was enough for the day - spent the rest of the day gardening and deep waxing the car.

i) If the first in/out trades are bad - i quit early that day, as I feel the rest of the day might be like that.

j) When you profit from a trade - take the money straight out (this is easy using the CMC system) so that you are back to your initial capital.

I am sure there are more, but these are just some simple rules I set myself. I basically trade trend lines - if its going UP then ride it up, if its going down,then ride it down - After a time you will feel when its running out of steam with direction. This is the time to exit. I can be in and out of trades several times an hour.

MAINLY STAY FOCUSED!

I use spreadco. until you have a margin call, you can run without a stop loss. thats upto yourself

That says it all, as far as I am concerned. You all must be pretty naive. What kind of wavelength are we on?