Should I be getting into the market this way.....?

sopodo

So far trading the emini s&p 500 in a simulator, I everyday watch the market for the first hour and don't trade. I anticipate what the candlesticks are showing me from my ability to read them on the fly. I use a 1 tick chart. No indicators, just price and volume. I only know a few candlestick patterns but I find them enough as they constantly repeat themselves. I correctly name in my mind where the next candlestick is going to move, up or down. I do this for the first hour and then I decide to go long or short. Sometimes it feels like I am just guessing when deciding to enter a trade and then I am in with a trade on a limit order. There is no way out now, I can cancel if I haven't be filled. I keep looking at the candlesticks and then when I get filled, I quickly enter in a sell limit order with my exit price. If the market moves with me and I am in profit, if my sell limit order hasn't been filled then I may cancel it and re-enter it for a higher profit. Anyway I will only set my sell limit prices based on what the candlesticks tell me as well as some other things. I repeat this throughout the day, I know that no one can capture every tick, so I am looking at perfect times to get in and out of a trade. I sometimes enter a trade and then see it not going well, so I decide to get out quick, knowing that I could hold onto the order as the candles are telling me that they will bounce back and give me the profit I want. But I believe it's too risky and know that there will be many more times throughout the day to get another chance. So I get out. But I don't just immediately enter another trade, well sometimes I do. But I look for another setup and wait till it's just right and enter and exit the trade quick. I scalp. sometimes for 1, 2, 3, or 4 ticks. I never do more than 4 ticks. I plan to do more as I get better. I trade the whole day looking for the best times to get in and out.

Apart from my above setup what other things should I incorporate?

I sometimes look at barchart.com to see what signals there offering for the day, if the emini s&p 500 is a buy or a strong buy. I go long more than I go short. I make about 10-15 trades a day.

What would you say is the best times to trade the emini s&p 500?

What' are the best days to trade the emini s&p 500?

anyone think the above is a good plan?

cupla points; i heard someone say "perfect practise makes perfect" and that's always made sense to me....when you can trade the open where the major money trades, then, you can trade whatever time you like, not the other way around and trialing on a simulator is worth the time the same way that a F1 driver might go around a course before stepping into the real machine.....in the old days a driver would walk the course and know every pot-hole and in the same way you need to walk through the auction process and understand who's in that process, what their purpose is and what other influences are on that days trade even during the "quiet" trade periods, what would make price lunge away from you only to see it return and youve been squeezed out of your pos....discipline is not enough....

imagine that you just got your P's or L plates and learnt to drive, someone hands you the wheel of an F1 car and says that it's ok there's no other F1's on the track....mate, youre still gonna wreck that machine.....get a teacher who can take you through live trades and help you see the auction process.....
i think simulators are a good idea and you are going to get some people who'll say theyre no substitute, which is true and its also true that all the F1 champions use simulators so put that one to rest....the main point here is that there is nothing in your post that suggests you are going to instantly creat income on a consistant basis and that, as a minimum is a good target (and all that entails)

2c

Joules

Last edited: