Sierra

Hi FTSE,

I hope to have the store open by the end of the day with at least Sierra Chart on sale. I've got a bunch of other products to add, so keep checking back once the store is live. In the meantime if you're very keen to subscribe/renew sierra, drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll sort something out right away!

All the best,

Hi Guys
I'm using Sierra with myTrack data feed and the data feed costs around £46 per month.. blimey, I didn't realise it's this expensive! I noticed that you can use another data feed.. IB.. how much does this cost?
Does anyone know how much does it cost to go eSignal? Real time data for US and UK markets?
Cheers

bottomdollar -

my feed from MyTrack costs about $46 a month, not £ but I guess it depends what else you've got.

You need a trading account with IB to use thier data feed and it only works whilst you're connected, there is no backfill.

Dont know about esignal but I'd put money on it not being cheap. I think Sierra/MT is probably one of the cheapest around.

Been pricing esignal and it ranges from £50 to £200 depending on the quality of service you want from them... additional features scans and the like.... that is excluding exchange fees

For example being able to view say 50 nasdaq charts at once with no trimmings or extras would cost around £64 if i remember correctly

Value for money has to be sierra chart and mytrack data unbeatable prices.

Hi all

Sierrachart is the cheaper option and just as good as E-signal, if not better in some area's

Bottom Dollar

I pay the $104 option for E-signal, which is only for US stocks :(
Not sure how much extra it is for the UK.

HTH

Cheers all,
My credit card statement for MyTrack definately £46.. not dollars! I'm on Silver plan with Sierra stuff...

Just double-checked.. me on gold plan.. do I really need all that?

Attachments

• mytrack.gif
    mytrack.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 883
You are paying $15 for Intraday Charting. That's what Sierra does!

You just need the Sierra Chart option and for real time data the Silver Option with whatever Exchanges you want to subscribe too. Nothing more.

I personally use the Bronze and delayed data just for gap filling charts. I use IB for realtime as it costs nothing and is very reliable.

JonnyT

SIERRA

i've just subscribed to sierra.....i'm intending to use mytrack data.....having waded thru the sierra site reading the set up stuff am i right in thinking that i have to download mytrack software before i can download the data feed.....

i'm probably going to go for the silver package.....does this include futures and currencies as well as equities?.....i cant seem to find this info on the mytrack site

bertie

"if you dont speed you wont get a ticket....its not rocket science"

You don't have to have MyTrack installed on the target machine but you do have to have an account set up!

The Silver package covers all sorts of things but is only realtime when you subscribe to the exchanges. For example for live futures you may have to subscribe to CME, Eurex, LIFFE depending on what you want. They all cost extra on top...

JonnyT

Jonny T, im after end of day Backfill data for US and Eurex exchange from MyTrack . Am i right in thinking that all i need is the Basic plan (free) and pay to enable sierra charts?

Will i need to run 2 copies of sierra?

Thanks

Reg

SIERRA

thx jonnyt......so i can set up an account and then download the data?

i will need realtime.....as for data i really only want the s&p futures, us equities and currencies.....

bertie

"if you dont speed you won't get a ticket....its not rocket science"

Since the story is taking a bit longer than anticipated to launch - if anyone does want a reduction on their usage time, then we can offer the following exclusive deal to T2W members:

We approximate the monthly charge of $7 to be £4.50 a month

6 months is £27 (approx 10% off at £24 is £3 off)
12 months is £54 (approx 15% off at £46 is £8 off)

Simply drop me an email at [email protected] and I can arrange access immediately. Since the payment system isn't quite ready, I'll invoice people instead - so include your contact details.

Hi Reggy,

For backfill you only need Bronze and no Exchange subscriptions. Thats how I use it.

You will need to run two copies of sierra and do a bit if file copying and renaming but it's not difficult. Drop me a email if you have any problems and I'll send you a batch file as an example.

I actually run three copies one on top for the Dial Data

JonnyT

Really appreciate your help.
Ive sent you an email. No rush though...when you get chance as i wont be subscribing till Monday.

Reg

SIERRA

anybody know the symbols for S&P futures and euro/usd?....i'm using sierra charts and mytrack data.....thanks

SIERRA

thx ford....

to sierra experts......how do i get all my charts on sierra to open with the log scale set...i'm fed up with having to set it every time i open a chart....

Hi Bertie

If you goto Chart->Chart settings (F5) and then scale on the right hand side, set it to log and ok it. Below the scale button there is a Set As Default button. Click that and from then on you should be in log scale when you open a new chart

HTH :)

Hi Jonny T
I thought that with mytrack, you would be able to get just the basic package to fill in all the gaps?? This is what I have been told by mytrack just today as I am after some delayed data to fill in the gaps.

In regards to running 2 copies of Sierra, do you have to pay another fee for the second copy or just a seperate installation?? Thought I'd read somewhere that you can use the one copy of Sierra but you have to transfer the various files over from mytrack to Sierra? Not too sure though.

Jon