Sierra

go to studies - settings - click on the study you want to amend and change click the colour from there

Heres another Sierra question :

Anyone know how I can get my various EMA's to NOT take into account the overnight data? I.E, I'm charting YM and ES and the overnight data tends to screw up my 20EMA and 100EMA.

Suggestions?? Hints and tips??

Muchos grassy bottoms. :D

And another.....how can I get the value of one bar or candle, ie. run a "live" line over it to show hilo etc. Know what I mean eh? eh? ;)

Rossored - right click the chart, select Chart Settings, and change the start and end time of the chart to day session hours. If you still want to see the overnight data, open a second chart for the same symbol but set for 24 hours.

Oatman, hi lo etc is already displayed at the top of the Sierra screen under the menu. You can also right click the chart and select "Chart Values" to give you a crosshairs which makes it easier to see the bar you are viewing figures for. Not only that, but you can also select "Values Window" from the same right click menu (or press F3) and get a seperate window with hi low open close, and all the figures for all your studies too.

HTH,

H.

Henry, it doesn't give me the bar values. Is it because I'm running the freebie?

Thanks Henry you're a star.

PS Ref a Tsim+ question ( I assume you are one and the same from the Eurostoxx site ) : if I move a stop in TSim+, presumably it moves the stop in TWS as well?

Oatman, sorry don't know about the demo version :( I assume when you say it doesnt give you the values, you mean the Chart Values window remains empty? Might be worth asking / looking on the support forum on Sierras site.

Rossored - yes in Live mode moving stops and targets in tsim will change them in TWS (although the reverse is not true!) You can always play around with it in the TWS demo account if you want to try it out before using it for real.

H.

Hi all,

I am looking for a fibonacci cycle tool that works in Sierra Chart, if anybody knows of one I'd appreciate getting my hands on it.

Thanks in advance..

SIERRA

i'm thinking of using sierra charts but having read through alot of the stuff on their site it seems that you have to program alot of the indicators etc....is that true?.....i want to be able to select indicators and then change the parameters as i please.....i'm in this to make some money if i can not to be a computer programmer...

let me know if i'm being unfair to the software....

thanks

No, you can use a whole host of built in indicators, everything you can think of - or design your own.

I'm pleased to announce we shall very soon be selling Sierra Chart right here on T2W and better still at a special discounted price for all our members. This will be available through our brand new T2W store opening within the next couple of weeks.

SIERRA

thx rossored.....think i'll give it a try....its so inexpensive i'd be stupid not to......which data provider do you recommend?

Well I (as most people I think) use MyTrack : they are pretty reliable most of time, but I also have a second copy of Sierra installed which I run from IB.

I'm still playing with the demo but I think I'll be taking up the offer.
While I'm on, I'm trying to change the time frame, from 1min to 10. I click to make the chart live, type in 10 for minutes, which comes up on the top line, hit enter and......nothing :rolleyes:
Is it because I'm on demo or have I missed something? :confused:

Sharky said:
I'm pleased to announce we shall very soon be selling Sierra Chart right here on T2W and better still at a special discounted price for all our members. This will be available through our brand new T2W store opening within the next couple of weeks.
Hi Sharky

That's great news. Any idea on timescale?
....and is there anything else in the pipeline for the "T2W shop" or is it a case of wait and see you impatience ........... :cheesy:

Take care