Sandy Jadeja - Trading Course Singapore

Techlord

I am a software engineer working in Singapore. I had been attending various trading workshops in the past 8-9 years in Singapore, and also have been trading Forex, Stocks, Indices, Futures, with reasonably good results.
I had been following posts on this forum for quite a while, though I had not posted anything specific, as I am mostly a learner, and am of the opinion that I have a lot more to learn before I should start posting.

I usually don't post reviews, but due to requests from several of my friends in Singapore, I had decided to give an honest account of my experiences with Mr Sandy Jadeja.
This is also on the behalf of several of his earlier students, who are my friends, who were disappointed with the course , but either were too busy or couldn't be bothered to post online about their experiences.

I find that most of the posts on this site are about Sandy in the UK and his classes there. They are also quite old.
Thus I had decided, that for the information of everyone (especially in Singapore), intending to attend his trading workshop, I should give an account of what exactly to expect.

I want to stick to the facts and just let you know my experiences with him, and let the readers draw their own conclusion.

I had attended 4 of his free seminars in Singapore (one in Dec 2012, one in May 2013, another when he was a speaker during a trade show around May or June 2013, and another in Oct 2013).

I had also attended his PAID weekend 2 day trading workshop early this year (2013).

The following are my observations regarding his seminars and the paid workshop:

- As a person, he appears to genuinely care about our trading results and our trading future. This is reflected in his manner of presentation during the seminars as well as the workshop. However, when questions (which are not exactly in his favour) are asked either during the seminars or during the workshop, he just cleverly evades them, either by saying that he would take questions at the end or that he would answer it shortly. He never does answer, however.

- He constantly keeps saying that he does many interviews with the CNBC and the Press and tries to make himself look very important. Some of us, in a bid to satisfy our curiosity, contacted the CNBC folks, and were told that all those presentations or interviews he had given were in the past. Way back in the past, and that most of them were not by invitation by CNBC or other Press but on request by Sandy, that they take his interview.
He uses the interview clips to market himself.
I see nothing wrong in that, except that many in the audience were and are misled that he is still giving ongoing (important) interviews with CNBC.

- Similarly, he keeps saying that he is the Chief Financial Strategist, during the Seminars. Many of the audience again are misled into understanding that he is the Chief Financial Strategist of CNBC or something. Granted, that elsewhere on the web it clearly states that he is the Chief Financial Strategist of Master Trading Strategies (mastertradingstrategies.com), but the fact remains that most in the audience are misled, as were a lot of my friends who attended the meetings, by the way he implied in his presentation.

- He does not answer emails or phone calls. Especially, his Singapore mobile number that he gives during his seminars and classes here is never reachable. He always claims to be in an important Press meet and thus excuses himself. This he does by a rare text mesage that he sometimes sends seeing the missed call.

He also claims that he answers all our emails but that they all are lost in our Spam folders. He has a lot of statistics to show during his presentations that he sends the emails but that we have not opened them. Anyone with a basic knowledge of email receipts know full well that they are no longer reliable in this day and age, as most of us disable them. Most (secret or hidden) email receipt services around nowadays, rely on embedding a 1 pixel (invisible) picture in the email message to track when it is opened, but it fails when the recipient of the email disable the "Show Images" in their images. Most of our gmail accounts have this disabled by default. There are other techniques also but they are just as unreliable.
Hence just goesto show that all his tracking is not reliable.
I see that some in this forum have the experience that he does reply to emails, but after the seminars, I had met quite a few of his earlier students, who had the complaint that his after-sales ( or rather here, his after-workshop service) is extremely bad. He just claims to them that their emails are not worth answering and that hence he decided to ignore it.

- Getting to the part about his trading techniques. They are just simple old candle stick patterns, fibonacci and other rules that we all would have learnt in the first few months of our trading but for some reason never bothered to implement in our daily trading.
He does employ tight stops and good MM rules to cut losses and to let winning trades run.
But all in all, even then, there are several flaws in his techniques and the risk is real high, with frequent and large drawdowns !

NONE of the techniques he actually teaches during the workshop stand up to his tall claims and promises made during the seminars.
In fact many of us had lost a lot of money DESPITE FOLLOWING ALL HIS RULES. The reason being that, though the stop losses are tight, there are far too frequent drawdowns.

Many of his trading strategies are taken from the book "High Probability Trading Strategies" by Robert Miner, and "Fibonacci Applications and Strategies for Traders" by Robert Fisher. There are a few strategies taken from forexfactory.com ( like the 2pm Singapore time trading of the GBP/USD and other currencies, the time translating to the London Open, roughly).
There is nothing wrong with him taking the strategies from the books but what he teaches is certainly NOT worth the 3800 Singapore Dollars (approx 1950 British Pounds) that he charges for the workshop, when the ebooks are freely available for those willing to spend half an hour googling.

Finally, the crowning point would be his claim that he knows when the Euro goes up or down and on which date every month based on his calculation of Solar Flares that reach the Earth from the sun every month. He claims that one can make USD 3000 from this method alone every month!
I had been to his workshop and have learnt that "method" , but it is no more than a very weak corelation between the two, and this of course is similar to using Astrology to trade. It does seem to work, till it fails ! :cheesy:

To summarize, the points ( I hope that I had been as objective as possible above):

- Tries to make himself look special and that he is doing us a great favour by allowing us to take his course.
- Gives a false impression about his credentials to the audience, though technically he is right.
- Exorbitant course fees ( latest being 3800 Dollars) for what he teaches.
- Unable to keep his promises that he would reply to emails and phone calls.
- Last but not the least, HUGE losses despite following his methods, due to frequent and huge drawdowns, despite the tight stops.
- Using solar flares and other astronomical phenomena to trade Euro :LOL:
He was actually trying to sell this "technique for $1295 !

My last word would be that one can get any number of people to write good reviews, but getting someone to state and post the facts is not easy.
Anyone who had attended his seminars ni Singapore would be able to testify that the above points are true.

I agree that this is a bit lengthy review, but just wanted to let everyone know the truth !

I am unable to find a way to edit my previous post above. Hence am appending a few points that our friends maybe interested in, as a continuation of the points in the above post :

- Sandy insists on accepting the amount of $3800 for the workshops ONLY as CASH and refuses to issue any receipts. At least, for me and for many in my batch he refused to issue any proper receipt and clearly said we can either take it or leave it.
We had no other choice except to pay cash. He refuses Paypal or Credit Cards or any other means of payment.

- During the seminars, especially during the one he took in December 2012, he had promised the audience that he would be sending out FREE Tweets everyday regarding the market (ie. Alerts regarding the levels of Entry and Exit).
He also promised a FREE one-day workshop that he said he'd hold the following month.In fact the condition was that we had to open a CityIndex Brokerage account the sam day and fund it.
We had done the opening and funding as advised by Sandy.

However there was no free workshop till date. At least no workshop teaching the techniques "promised" when we had opened the brokerage account.The tweets were sent for a week or two, and then they were discontinued for everyone else OTHER THAN those who had signed up for his workshop (ie . He had later changed the tweets to Private).
Thus he FAILED TO KEEP HIS PROMISES.

- To quote Sandy : "All it takes is 15 minutes a day to find the setups from my methods and you can easily make several hundred points a

week"

There is a HUGE discrepancy between what he claims and markets during his free seminars and what he actually teaches during the workshops.
During the actual workshops, he keeps saying that he gives NO guarantee that one can make any money with the techniques he teaches. But earlier on, during the free seminars, he himself GUARANTEED everyone that one can get back the course fees within 2 weeks of his workshops AND that one can easily make $3000 with a $10K account EVERY WEEK!
Nothing can be farther from the truth, as is well known to seasoned traders !

Would like to end by saying:

ANYONE CAN TEACH ONE TO TRADE (Even I can teach several techniques of trading in a very impressive way).
The real challenge is whether one can ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY TRADING !

I hope that this FRANK review will be helpful to others in making an INFORMED DECISION on whether they still want to go ahead with his course !

I am unable to find a way to edit my previous post above. Hence am appending a few points that our friends maybe interested in, as a continuation of the points in the above post :

- Sandy insists on accepting the amount of $3800 for the workshops ONLY as CASH and refuses to issue any receipts. At least, for me and for many in my batch he refused to issue any proper receipt and clearly said we can either take it or leave it.
We had no other choice except to pay cash. He refuses Paypal or Credit Cards or any other means of payment.

!

Why would he take only cash without issuing any receipts?

Sandy Jadeja Singapore Scam - Tax liability and Fees

Why would he take only cash without issuing any receipts?

He obviously does not want to leave any evidence that he took the money from us. He is also very, very careful not to mention the amount he charges ANYWHERE in WRITING.

He specifically makes sure that the exact cost of the workshop is only quoted verbally and refuses point blank to give it as an email or text message.
He also makes sure that there is no evidence of the amount collected, and there is no mention of the GST (Goods and Sales Tax, 7%) that he would be liable towards the Singapore IRS as he is taking the workshops in Singapore.
If the Singapore government comes to know that he is evading the GST tax liability in Singapore, he would be in a good amount of trouble ! :LOL:

If he actually belongs to a genuine company, there should be NO reason why he refuses Credit Cards, especially when the amount is quite huge ($3800) ! (n)

brave chap. isnt Singapore somewhere they will cut your nuts off if you drop litter? not like soft touch UK where you can do a few burglaries and then get 20 hours community service.

He obviously does not want to leave any evidence that he took the money from us. He is also very, very careful not to mention the amount he charges ANYWHERE in WRITING.

He specifically makes sure that the exact cost of the workshop is only quoted verbally and refuses point blank to give it as an email or text message.
He also makes sure that there is no evidence of the amount collected, and there is no mention of the GST (Goods and Sales Tax, 7%) that he would be liable towards the Singapore IRS as he is taking the workshops in Singapore.
If the Singapore government comes to know that he is evading the GST tax liability in Singapore, he would be in a good amount of trouble ! :LOL:

If he actually belongs to a genuine company, there should be NO reason why he refuses Credit Cards, especially when the amount is quite huge ($3800) ! (n)

brave chap. isnt Singapore somewhere they will cut your nuts off if you drop litter? not like soft touch UK where you can do a few burglaries and then get 20 hours community service.

Yes he'll get himself in serious bother in Singapore. Anybody got a number for the Singapore FSA?

When is his next workshop in Singapore?

When is his next workshop in Singapore?

Yes he'll get himself in serious bother in Singapore. Anybody got a number for the Singapore FSA?

The FSA in Singapore is called MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore). Link here :
http://www.mas.gov.sg/

His next workshop is scheduled to be on 30Nov and 1 Dec 2013 in Singapore. Hadn't announced the venue in the last free seminar but he had confirmed the dates and the workshop cost ($3800) and that he would accept ONLY cash.

The "method" utilizing the flares on the sun to predict the Euro's movements was mentioned to cost $1295. Thats all we know for now.

Sandy has been a regular on CNBC, and while I have no doubt he knows his stuff with regards to technical analysis (just do a video search for his name on CNBC - http://search.cnbc.com/main.do?part...=video&pubtime=0&pubfreq=a&categories=exclude) it is a different matter translating that knowledge into profitable trades.

I agree with you. The charts he used during the presentation and workshop also, were the "ideal" sort of charts which clearly either trend up or down, making the presenters easy to show the students to buy low and sell high.

In fact, during the 5 Oct 2013 presentation, a closer look at his powerpoint presentations would clearly show that his Forex charts were all of the price movements in 2010 or earlier. None of them were the more recent ones and certainly, he didn't show any live trades.

It is ONLY historical charts ... That too, just like most traders, he focuses only on the ones that are favourable to him and his earlier predictions.

Move over America from your role as World Police, the Trade2Win forum members are at large keeping the world free from financial crime. :LOL:
I think you guys need a crime fighting uniform.

Attachments

• village-people-facts.jpg
    village-people-facts.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 593
Sandy Jadeja - Scam or not - You decide !

Move over America from your role as World Police, the Trade2Win forum members are at large keeping the world free from financial crime. :LOL:
I think you guys need a crime fighting uniform.

@postman : I appreciate your humour :LOL:

In Singapore, the Financial Authorities and the Govt take a lot of steps to ensure that the common folk are not cheated of their hard-earned money , either due to their ignorance and/or due to scamsters misrepresenting and misleading themregarding the investment products. See this link here:
http://www.phillipfutures.com.sg/sip/index.html

The Singapore residents either have to write a specified exam and PASS it, or show that they have had prior experience in dealing with the specific products. For example, in general, if you traded Futures earlier but not Forex, you are not allowed to trade forex without again satifying the authorities that you also know enough about Forex trading.
All these items (but not limited to these) are classified as products requiring that exam/assessment be taken before Singapore residents are allowed to trade :
1. Futures
2. Options
3. Leveraged Forex/Bullion
4. OTC metals

Clicking the links on that web page will give interested individuals more details regarding the Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) as the exam is called.

By this, a LOT of unwitting college students and other folk were saved from losing their hard-earned money!

Even with all these precautions, people like Sandy Jadeja somehow misrepresent stuff at their free seminars and finally make the common folk make huge losses.

That was why I just wanted to make sure that anyone reading these posts would clearly know the facts and understand what they are getting into.
Especially since Sandy during his free seminars, make it look as if he wants to disseminate true knowledge and teaching, rather than show ways to make quick money.
The wish to gain knowledge from him, was what made me pay and attend his workshop, losing not only the course fees but also a lot of my investment.

He maybe knowing a lot of Technical Analysis, but am sorry to say, that as far as Practical Application is concerned, his techniques are an absolute fail, at least the ones he had taught us!

The problem with forums is that one can use it for a personal vendetta, so not suggesting that this is what u doing. You say that you have been to many courses, so why keep going to yet another seminar???
I have sandy and must say that he is an arrogant big headed ba&£@rd, who talks big and says he started trading at 12!!!!! He will not trade live not show his statements nor give live signals!!

But must say that he is good on reading charts!

I believe that there was a bust up between him and Tom hougard, when he accused hougard of stealing his system!!
At hougard trades live and gives signals

Trading is easy not difficult, just follow price action and a support resistance
Focus on mental fitness and psychology
Good luck and stop wasting money on these courses

The problem with forums is that one can use it for a personal vendetta, so not suggesting that this is what u doing. You say that you have been to many courses, so why keep going to yet another seminar???

@forex999:
I agree that these post may give impression that I have a personal vendetta..
Please be assured that this is not the case.

I do keep attending various courses, and may also attend a few more in future, as I am interested in furthering my knowledge.
So far, from the courses I had attended, as long as I had followed the "Rules" that the instructors had taught, I did not make much losses. This was not the case here.

Also, so far, in nearly ALL the courses that I had attended, they were willing to give a proper receipt for the courses fees paid, and also, the ensured that eitehr themselves or their team would be available to help us, at least for the subsequent few weeks, after we had attended their courses.
This was PROMISED in Sandy's course but he was totally unreachable and claimed that he was too busy.

From ALL the other courses that I had attended, I had managed to learn SOMETHING useful.

I agree that trading is easy. But that is NOT reason to stop learning new ways to trade, or new rules.

Personal Vendetta against Sandy ? NO! I don't have any reason to have any.

But well directed irritation and unhappiness that he had made a lot of promises that he had not kept ? Yes !

In fact, if he were to be resident in Singapore, there is a HIGH chance that the Financial Regulatory Bodies here would probably issue him a warning and prevent him from making such tall claims !
This has happened before to other instructors here, and the details, including the warnings are available on the MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) site.

If someone had shared their recent experiences regarding him online, I would not have gone to his Paid Workshop !

Instead of waiting for "someone else" to post about it, I had decided that I would post and let everyone know !

Hi
I am really sorry about your experience. I personally tested a couple Sandy's techniques (I don't know his techniques he taught in paid workshop in Singapore) on spreadsheet over 2 years data and results are net profit - minimum 1000 -2000 pips per year. This is in contrary to your experience.

What can you buy with a spreadsheet? Trade it with real money and you'll find out the true picture. Never give money to any of these spivs.

Confucius teaches us that....

It's easier to skin live muppets than it is live lions, and even dead ones

Don't you go upsetting the muppet farming business now.

Here, muppet, muppet , muppet .... I've got a little course to VEND !

The end, but not of the VEND !

Lets roll......

(y)

Kin -ell

It's easier to skin live muppets than it is live lions, and even dead ones

Don't you go upsetting the muppet farming business now.

Here, muppet, muppet , muppet .... I've got a little course to VEND !

The end, but not of the VEND !

Lets roll......

(y)

'Kin loads of muppets on this site lately. Judging by the standard of literacy displayed by many UK flagged posters on this site, I can only assume they are non Uk spammers hoping to fish for muppets. Maybe some are flagged as UK by mistake! But some will be the lazy looking for easy street :confused:

Are you guys all have something against Sandy Jadeja here? if you guys do trade should know that even the best trading strategies offered to the wrong traders will result in losses - its to do with personal psychology rather than strategies themselves!

If Sandy and his likes could trade they'd be doing it instead of running round the place selling dreams to the dim witted.