S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

Continuing the tradition of Gold Medal Winner doing the write-up:

It's difficult being a gold medal winner, the pressure is on, do I write something that is meaningful, thought provoking or just plain daft? Do I make it serious or totally off-the-wall, does anyone care?

Most of the time I am a modest person, not usually shouting about my achievements, a feeling of self-satisfaction about winning a gold medal is usually enough. I have thought about going down the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram route, release a blog unto the world that tells the story about me [me,me]. Hoping that I'll get noticed and will be sponsored to travel the world for free, living out of expensive, exotic, warm and sunny locations - must have a pool, of course.

Only then could I showcase my mountaineering, mountainbiking, skiing, photography, scuba diving, kayaking, motorcycling, craft beer brewing, living in a caravan, trading, selfie taking sunset gazing skills!

But, no, I'm not like that, I'm from a forgotten generation, inbetween baby boomer golden handshake retirees and younger millenial, Y-type whatevers. They classify us as Generation X.

Who, Gen-X? I hear you ask. Yes, exactly, those somewhere in the 40-60 range, still working and probably have been since 16, making enough to be comfortable, but not rich, children are older and doing their own things. We grew up in a non-technology world, and are not quite overtaken by modern computing, AI and robots just yet. Hoping for a comfortable retirement but fearful that the world has got so crazy that we will be yet again screwed by more taxes, PCness and general infringement on just living a normal life, free from the ever increasing encroachment of state interference.

At least I can rely on the weekly stability, discipline and focus required to maintain a presence in the S&P 500 competition in the T2W forum.

Good luck everyone :clap:

Well a clear pattern is emerging here, think of a number double it and add 10 and that is how far the S&P will go up next week, there is no down any more.

Its been a remarkable week, CV coming third is remarkable in itself :p however Wackypete and Signalcalc are first and second again, with Wackypete missing by 0.29 points, amazing stuff. (We really do want to know how you do it).

With an astonishing 6 point lead after only 3 weeks the top two are going to be hard to catch, but at least we all know how to get 10 points in the next 10 weeks, just forecast higher each time.

Here's the full spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...i-Nn8trkqGik92wtcL28S1FI4/edit#gid=1372374864

Attachments

• q4eow3.png
    q4eow3.png
    50 KB · Views: 113
Well a clear pattern is emerging here, think of a number double it and add 10 and that is how far the S&P will go up next week, there is no down any more.

Its been a remarkable week, CV coming third is remarkable in itself :p however Wackypete and Signalcalc are first and second again, with Wackypete missing by 0.29 points, amazing stuff. (We really do want to know how you do it).

With an astonishing 6 point lead after only 3 weeks the top two are going to be hard to catch, but at least we all know how to get 10 points in the next 10 weeks, just forecast higher each time.

Here's the full spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...i-Nn8trkqGik92wtcL28S1FI4/edit#gid=1372374864

Sounds like a forecast (y)

Postman trying to pm you re 5 min gaps on s&p (a comment you mentioned a good while ago) struggling to send message. If you do not mind can you send me a test message at your leisure and hopefully i can reply.

Cheers

If the winner feels it is a bit too much or would rather not yet post something - no worries.
Indeed if anyone has any pearls of wisdom or otherwise please feel free to post here. I feel sure we would all like to up our p&l accounts somehow.

One thing that has occupied my mind recently is - could I get my trading strategy coded up at not too big a price and then will it be profitable ?
I will let you know how I get on. I did try last year but not sure if my strategy was weak or it was not coded correctly. I should have used some same language programmers as there were comprehension problems.