S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

Good luck to all you forecasters for week number 30...

We have Pat leading the bulls against Oscar still a bear albeit a little more bullish than before. Forecasts now above 2400s so there is hope that when Oscar finally turns bullish, SPX will collapse.

6 bulls v 9 bears... SignalCalc and NickBk two regulars have both skipped this week. Could they be in the Bahamas together having a Jekyll and Hyde moment...

Maybe alarm clocks failing to go off. Out of juice.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous week folks... (y)

Attachments

• spx_wk30_sow.JPG
    spx_wk30_sow.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 110

Or maybe tactics?

If you weren't sure which way the markets was going just sit it out? Don't risk -1, exactly the same with proper trading, although maybe against the spirit of the comp!

Could you technically win the comp by never submitting a figure?

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous week folks...

Same to you mate (y)

Was thinking more hypothetically, eg. I'm against 17 opponents and there are 13 games. 13 people share one gold, one silver and one bronze and gain 6 points, the rest don't win anything so gain 0. The best of the 13 (with points from medals) gets the direction correct just 3 times, so loses -7 from his 6 points giving a grand total of -1 point. Of the people win no medals, the best get the direction right 6 times and scores a grand total of -1. I never submitted a figure for the 13 weeks and score 0 so I win. :clap:

In light of this revelation, I contend that if you miss a week, you lose a point!

...just a bit of fun (hope I got the maths right)

Can price guesses be given by PM? instead of on the forum for all to see. It seems others change their guess based on what someone else has guessed.

Last edited:
Good luck to all you forecasters for week number 30...

We have Pat leading the bulls against Oscar still a bear albeit a little more bullish than before. Forecasts now above 2400s so there is hope that when Oscar finally turns bullish, SPX will collapse.

6 bulls v 9 bears... SignalCalc and NickBk two regulars have both skipped this week. Could they be in the Bahamas together having a Jekyll and Hyde moment...

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous week folks... (y)

Not alarms, real life getting in the way. I had planned on 2441.14 when I got back to my office and a 1 hour meeting became 4.
Point saved I hope -)

Can price guesses be given by PM? instead of on the forum for all to see. It seems others change their guess based on what someone else has guessed.

Yes - please forward to at least two people usually Pat and I. You can add a third if you like.

Damn it, I think this is the second gold winner I've had when I've been totally off-grid! No wireless, no mobile signal at all, yes it's still possible in the modern world to get away from it all. Then to find I need to write something for being a winner. Well all I can do is apologise for attempting to top up my tan in the Scottish Highlands last week and I spent a very enjoyable few days kayaking around Mull and Iona, the weather was superb, the skin is crispier and the mind so chilled I forgot to post a prediction for this week.

You can't win em all as they say, good luck everyone.

[emoji481]

Well done to Lexcorp who takes fifth gold of the year and top spot on the podium for this week 30. :clap::clap::clap:

Terrific call even if it was drowned in spirits of sorts. :drunk::drunk:

Two averages take silver and bronze. Well done to the rest of the team too :cool:

Signalcalc now leads Quarter 3. (y)

9 further forecasts to go so all to play for...

PS - Did the market move this week??? Difference of -0.44 of a point.

Attachments

• spx_wk30_eow.JPG
    spx_wk30_eow.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 127
  • League_Table_2017.JPG
    League_Table_2017.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 118