Random!

Horses have no place on public roads IMO - for their safety, their riders safety, and other road users safety.

I recently drove down a country lane, where i had reason to beep at another car. 300 metres round the corner, i had to stop as there was a horse on the road doing its nut, and a poor female rider rubbing her back. I'm presuming the horse bolted (perhaps due to the horn beep 20 seconds earlier :idea: ) and tossed the woman off its back :cry: . The woman was with another horse rider, and they were being followed by a jeep that was with them/attending to the problem, so perhaps the horse was a newbie.........
Most horse riders don't particularly want to be on the public road, but that is not always possible. Sometimes one has to use the public road for a short section to get to/from the bridleways, for example from the stables.

The problem nowadays is that too many motorists drive too fast down country-roads, not expecting other users who live, work or just want to enjoy some peace and quiet in the countryside.

If motorists were more considerate in the countryside then there would not be a problem and we could all share the road in safety. I speak both as a motorist and a horse-rider.

Charlton

Horses have no place on public roads IMO - for their safety, their riders safety, and other road users safety.........
Not with you around, you hooting fool. You’re the scourge of the countryside.

OTOH - Horses were using the public roads long before all you boy racers got behind the wheel of your "W" reg Nova 1.2s. So they have a more convincing argument for you not having any place on the roads until you learn to drive with courtesy and respect and with a certain degree of prescience.

Tooting between sunrise and sunset on country roads (Town & Country Act 1896) is still illegal. Your obvious ignorance of this law, along with no doubt countless others, is no excuse.

I hope the unseated rider took your registration and is currently pursuing you through official channels and before you smirk with pseudo macho intellectual incontinence at the to you outmoded laws of your land, let me tell you there were over 1000 prosecutions under this law in 2006 alone. With fines ranging from £500-£5000 and in a number of cases, custodial sentences being given in addition to seizure of the offending vehicle, you have absolutely nothing to smile about. In addition, if the rider had to have the horse put down or if the horse needed psychological counselling for the trauma caused, the civil case against you could be even more financially damaging.

As for the horse being a newbie I think it extremely unlikely he/she trades. Although, there are a number of asses who post on these boards - check your mirror, when driving, to be sure.

Fridays. Pre-open. I love that time.

Not with you around, you hooting fool. You’re the scourge of the countryside.

OTOH - Horses were using the public roads long before all you boy racers got behind the wheel of your "W" reg Nova 1.2s. So they have a more convincing argument for you not having any place on the roads until you learn to drive with courtesy and respect and with a certain degree of prescience.

Tooting between sunrise and sunset on country roads (Town & Country Act 1896) is still illegal. Your obvious ignorance of this law, along with no doubt countless others, is no excuse.

I hope the unseated rider took your registration and is currently pursuing you through official channels and before you smirk with pseudo macho intellectual incontinence at the to you outmoded laws of your land, let me tell you there were over 1000 prosecutions under this law in 2006 alone. With fines ranging from £500-£5000 and in a number of cases, custodial sentences being given in addition to seizure of the offending vehicle, you have absolutely nothing to smile about. In addition, if the rider had to have the horse put down or if the horse needed psychological counselling for the trauma caused, the civil case against you could be even more financially damaging.

As for the horse being a newbie I think it extremely unlikely he/she trades. Although, there are a number of asses who post on these boards - check your mirror, when driving, to be sure.

Fridays. Pre-open. I love that time.

Now thats what i call RANDOM!

I think they train horses in the field next to that road. I wasn't strictly on a country road when i tooted the horn, it is an A road thats at a V shape to the adjoining road in question, with a gap of maybe 200m through a wood, from where i tooted to a t w a t driver, to where the horse presumably bolted. Whether the 2 events were corelated, i will never know. At least the woman horse rider was walking.

And as for a 1.2 Nova :confused: , i sold that years ago, and now am the proud owner of a 1.4 corsa :| .

When will Micheal Owen beat Bobby Charltons England goalscoring record by?

Micheal Owen is now on 40 international goals, having scored 3 in the last 2 games, and only 6 in the last 3 years.

Bobby Charlton scored 49, (Linekar 48). When do you predict MO will beat BC's tally by?

If you have ever seen eg. police riding horses through a town centre or near a football ground, why is everyone secretly trying to get a look at its c o c k (if a stallion. They do, honestly, just you watch!)?

Last edited:
If you have ever seen eg. police riding horses through a town centre or near a football ground, why is everyone secretly trying to get a look at its c o c k (if a stallion. They do, honestly, just you watch!)?

Let me get this right.

You're suggesting watching other people looking at a horses' *****.

Is this voyeurism once removed?

While out on the town the other night, i walked past 3 affluent looking lads in their mid-late twenties maybe, in the face of & lecturing a solo female homeless beggar aged 30ish, on a busy high street. They were asking her where she usually slept, where she was staying tonight etc. She said she'd probably staying on the floor in a mates digs tonight - at which point they all seemed to burst out with - So you're not really homeless then are you :rolleyes: :eek::devilish:
I even found it annoying, god knows what she was thinking....

While out on the town the other night, i walked past 3 affluent looking lads in their mid-late twenties maybe, in the face of & lecturing a solo female homeless beggar aged 30ish, on a busy high street. They were asking her where she usually slept, where she was staying tonight etc. She said she'd probably staying on the floor in a mates digs tonight - at which point they all seemed to burst out with - So you're not really homeless then are you :rolleyes: :eek::devilish:
I even found it annoying, god knows what she was thinking....

This puzzles me.

Were you annoyed because you wrongly deduced she was "a solo female homeless beggar"
or that you felt she was being deceptive, or that you wished you were one of the affluent looking lads?

I think I'd be annoyed if I saw three men picking on a female, begging or not. I'm a believer in live and let live. Were they trying to help her. or were they having a good time by humiliating her?

Split

I think I'd be annoyed if I saw three men picking on a female, begging or not. I'm a believer in live and let live. Were they trying to help her. or were they having a good time by humiliating her?

Split

They were at least achieving the latter IMO. Although the start & end of the interaction which i did not see may have been aimed at helping. They were too loud & in her face for my liking though (certainly lacking tact) - three rich young men telling a homeless young woman she is not by definition homeless (shouting & laughing) :rolleyes: . It looked bad to me as she was sitting over her begging bowl, with three men stood over her, seemingly laughing at, not with her.

Last edited:
In my opinion we should string them all up and throw away the key. This country is literally becoming a cess pit. Decent people literally cannot walk on the streets anymore. It's political correctness gone mad. Where's the justice for the victims??!!

Attachments

• volcano tungurahua.jpg
    volcano tungurahua.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 178

Split

Split

would you be annoyed if you saw three females picking on a male ?

Just curious

dd

sounds a bit harsh to me is it possible that she said she was staying at a friends house because she didnt feel comfortable letting 3 rowdy men know where she d be asleep that night and when did sleeping at a friends constitute having a home. shes in bad shape at the moment for whatever reason why not give her the quid that means nothing to the 3 of them and means a hot meal for her. they sound like a bunch of twts if you ask me

"What I learnt from Duch and the torturers was that, altogether the good and the bad are in ourselves."
Francois Bizot, the only Westerner to survive Khmer Rouge imprisonment during their genocidal control of Cambodia in the 1970s.