Question to T2W Staff or Moderators

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
Hi All

I wish you a happy , healthy and prosperous 2015

I am looking at starting a new daily FX thread that is going to be catering really for full time ( or nearly full time ) FX intraday traders.

Because its me ( ;) ) I prefer to be have the star rating ideally switched off and also to ideally start it in the Forex part of the forum - but with a facility to stop all and sundry commenting and for me to chose only the members who fit my criteria being able to comment etc.

The vetting would take place on my existing intraday thread and basically would allow only the following members to be involved with my new thread - The criteria would be .

1. Any FX trader who can prove they have been trading for over 2 years and are at least a basic or intermediary level

2. Prepared to share their existing FX trading method - or at least 85% of it in the new thread

3. Pass a simply entry test - ie make at least 30 live calls - either from this last 3 months in the forum - or via trading history on a LIve account ( no demo )

4. To make every week at least 3 live calls in advance of entry price - with a stop level and also possible targets- so to encourage Swing traders and not solely short term Intraday traders.

If it is not possible to start this new thread - to be called -

"FX Intraday Top 5% Invited Members Thread "

in the Forex forum - would it have to go in the Journals section - as this part of the forum seems to allow the OP to have some control of who's allowed input etc ??

Looking forward to your help and guidance

Regards

F

Last edited:
It seems to only really be you and MM who post on your thread.

I'd reccommend you just do it all on skype with MM. Would be easier.

Hi All

I wish you a happy , healthy and prosperous 2015

I am looking at starting a new daily FX thread that is going to be catering really for full time ( or nearly full time ) FX intraday traders.

Because its me ( ;) ) I prefer to be have the star rating ideally switched off and also to ideally start it in the Forex part of the forum - but with a facility to stop all and sundry commenting and for me to chose only the members who fit my criteria being able to comment etc.

The vetting would take place on my existing intraday thread and basically would allow only the following members to be involved with my new thread - The criteria would be .

1. Any FX trader who can prove they have been trading for over 2 years and are at least a basic or intermediary level

2. Prepared to share their existing FX trading method - or at least 85% of it in the new thread

3. Pass a simply entry test - ie make at least 30 live calls - either from this last 3 months in the forum - or via trading history on a LIve account ( no demo )

4. To make every week at least 3 live calls in advance of entry price - with a stop level and also possible targets- so to encourage Swing traders and not solely short term Intraday traders.

If it is not possible to start this new thread - to be called -

"FX Intraday Live and in Advance of entry price trade calls - 2015 "

in the Forex forum - would it have to go in the Journals section - as this part of the forum seems to allow the OP to have some control of who's allowed input etc ??

Looking forward to your help and guidance

Regards

F
Based on those criteria ,You and your imaginary friends cant post so its all good

If there's any newbies who, for God knows what reason, wants to participate in F's 'blog' and make guaranteed winning 'calls', simply:

Pick an instrument. Put a 'potential buy level'' 15 pips above the current price and ''potential scalp sell level'' 15 pips below the current price. (and use 2 prices close to each other as the 'level')
Once price has move in either direction by around 30 pips, claim to have taken the trade which would have theoretically resulted in a profit and dismiss any trade that would have resulted in a loss.
That's the BEAUTY of never actually making a proper live call, and stating that you are are NOW IN a trade ;)

you're welcome ;)

If there's any newbies who, for God knows what reason, wants to participate in F's 'blog' and make guaranteed winning 'calls', simply:

Pick an instrument. Put a 'potential buy level'' 15 pips above the current price and ''potential scalp sell level'' 15 pips below the current price. (and use 2 prices close to each other as the 'level')
Once price has move in either direction by around 30 pips, claim to have taken the trade which would have theoretically resulted in a profit and dismiss any trade that would have resulted in a loss.
That's the BEAUTY of never actually making a proper live call, and stating that you are are NOW IN a trade ;)

you're welcome ;)

This sounds like my BB breakout system before high impact big news days.

If you look at short TF charts like 15 mins the BB lines tunnel tightly together. Place OCO trades above and below the BB lines and watch the fun. Could get whip-sawed or you could get very happy. :)

This sounds like my BB breakout system before high impact big news days.

If you look at short TF charts like 15 mins the BB lines tunnel tightly together. Place OCO trades above and below the BB lines and watch the fun. Could get whip-sawed or you could get very happy. :)

Don't miss the point, though ;)
It's not about the trade style, but the 'style' of the call itself.
You can't get whipsawed because, due to never actually saying ''I AM NOW LONG HERE AT XXXX' You never have to lose on your 'call' ;)

Don't miss the point, though ;)
It's not about the trade style, but the 'style' of the call itself.
You can't get whipsawed because, due to never actually saying ''I AM NOW LONG HERE AT XXXX' You never have to lose on your 'call' ;)

Nope, I hear you and do concur.

BB breakouts as a system with R:R 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 something I looked at. Hope to have more time in 2015.

(y)

"FX Intraday Top 5% Invited Members Thread "
Hi FoMo,
Happy New Year to you too.

I'm afraid T2W can not cater for individual requests such as turning off the star rating system or allowing members to set their own permissions in any forum other than the Journals Forum.

On a general note, from the information you've provided, your proposed thread is not really in keeping with the ethos of T2W. The whole point of the site is that it's a community forum, free for all members to participate in, regardless of their knowledge or skill level. Restricting access and participation in threads on the open forums to people who supposedly have experience, is elitist in nature and is not an avenue we wish to encourage. Besides which, as has been demonstrated already by some of the replies you've received, deciding who makes the grade and who doesn't (in terms of your vetting criteria) is likely to make a rod for your own back!
;)

As Trader333 has made clear, much of what you want to do is possible within the Journals Forum. However, please note that you must set the permissions at the time you open the thread, as you can't change them - or re-set them - once the thread is up and running. Details about this can be found here: Essentials Of 'Trading Journals'. Scroll down to the section entitled: Special Features of the ‘Trading Journals’ Forum.

Cheers,
Tim.

Thank You TIm

I am pleased a new thread as already been set up in the Forex section by 12TBW and open to all ( me included ) so I might not need to do one now

I will also read your link about what's possible within the Journals Forum etc to see what can and cannot be done

All the best

Regards

F