• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] Darwinex Portfolio Journal by Gargamel

Gargamel

First post here.

T2W1.png

@CavaliereVerde It,s just Journal for me.I will post only images and Entry or Exit points.No explanations,discussions.Maybe it will be of some use for others as time passes,but I want to keep it small and easy to review.
If it is good people will get nice service free of charge.If it is bad people can use it as contrarian signal🤣

IMO "signals" are pretty useless 😁
What would be interesting is your guidelines, expectations and results.
Forums are to discuss and brainstorm.

What would be interesting is your guidelines, expectations and results.
Broad guidelines and expectations will be given when I wrap the whole thread about Darwinex investing/trading darwins.
Results will be visible with passing time-hit and miss ratio.% or monetary results are matter of money/risk management of every investor.That is the other half of the problem of making lemonade out of a lemon.

Good afternoon, Gargamel. The same of cavaliereverde, i don't want to attack you, i just want your feeling about that. After 3 weeks on the darwin tdd, you are at -8% more or less? Do you still think it is a good way to enter in a darwin? Do you regret this move? I think you have a lot of knowledge also because of your great post about how invest in darwins but do you think it is still good to invest like this? Thank you for your answer.

Now, with this new fall, are you at -10% ? Do you still think having a 2 / 3 years track record is better than to have a short one which has a very low va, like advocated by darwinex ?

@Whatsthat Guy Thanks for your questions,I only saw them now so there is a bit of delay answering you.
When and if TDD hits designated SL,it will be -10% on that part of my portfolio.If my portfolio is equaly weighted and distributed among 5 darwins,that would translate into -2% of my capital allocated to darwinex investments.I can live with that.Risk/reward was good-investment was supposed to last years and bring me many multiples of initially risked SL.At the moment it is -8%.I knew DD was too shallow,but time DD was optimal so I entered anyway.For others now is very good point to enter,BUT if he hits my SL now,that would mean -10 % in a single month and I would see that as a sign trader lost control of his trading :cry:.
Dumb money probably entered in Spring on highs and is much more in TimeDD and %DD than me.I saved more than half a year and at least 5% in DD this way.
Short trackrecords would be ok if I knew trader personally.Longer track-records that are verified,give me an assurance that trader knows what he is doing (more skill than luck) and that he is able to withstand pressure and climb out of DD.
I stopped paying attention what Darwinex recommends long time ago.I've made a long thread about their expertise in investing darwins and conflict of interest.

Last edited:
Simply focus on very low var and very low dd is the key, long track-record has no sense. I think it's even worse to invest in long track-record ! Because it's not really traders who manage the darwins, it is people who try to become traders. And it makes a big difference. Especially one big difference. As it is not really traders, the longer is the track record, the closer we get to the real deep drawdown. That is pure logical.

If we do not focus on long track record firstly, we have more chance to earn money. And if we focus on very low var, we increase our chance to earn money. That is also pure logical. My 2 cents.