North West Traders

Synonym,

Im fine thank you how are you? Been a long time! You heard from Apollo recently?!

Im gona try and organise another meet up but im gona make a list of all the NW traders first we shall try and get more than 3 this time!!

No I keep jumping from one to the other... a bit like searching for the holy grail but I'm just amassing (useless?) knowledge. Need to find a bona fide way of backing up my technical analysis.

I always follow the indices and a few equities but I want to get into the commods. I don't like the though of the extra variables involved in an index i.e. sector performance, earning variances in constituents, Mervyn King.

What I'm trying to develop is a general understanding of how the markets act (in terms of players, fundamentals, profiling) and interact with each other which can be used with technical analysis to back up or formulate an idea. When I get that then I concentrate on commods. When I am consistent trading the commods then I try to formulate a deeper understanding of the markets which will allow me to identify when an instrument is trading in an extreme. Problem is that there is so much information out there, so many earning reports, so many economic indicators that learning to apply/understand the information I need will take as more time than bloody as finding out which info it is that I actually need in the first place lol.

Also strategies... maybe option strategies.

So much to do and so little time. Esp since I'm working and studying the acc'y atm. Not enough time for it all. Need help in cooling down and picking the corn from the sh1t.

CV... I hate pubs. Plus all that will happen is that we'll end up getting smashed.

Synonym,

Im fine thank you how are you? Been a long time! You heard from Apollo recently?!

Good. Yeah, me too. Nah,nothing since we last met.

Im gona try and organise another meet up but im gona make a list of all the NW traders first we shall try and get more than 3 this time!!

Great. Good luck. :)

No I keep jumping from one to the other... a bit like searching for the holy grail but I'm just amassing (useless?) knowledge. Need to find a bona fide way of backing up my technical analysis.

I feel for you. I've so been there.

I always follow the indices and a few equities but I want to get into the commods. I don't like the though of the extra variables involved in an index i.e. sector performance, earning variances in constituents, Mervyn King.

Exactly, there are so many unpredictable (unless you spend months researching the company) factors that affect a stock trade, what for all intents and purposes is a perfect trade can be screwed up. Not ideal!

What I'm trying to develop is a general understanding of how the markets act (in terms of players, fundamentals, profiling) and interact with each other which can be used with technical analysis to back up or formulate an idea. When I get that then I concentrate on commods. When I am consistent trading the commods then I try to formulate a deeper understanding of the markets which will allow me to identify when an instrument is trading in an extreme. Problem is that there is so much information out there, so many earning reports, so many economic indicators that learning to apply/understand the information I need will take as more time than bloody as finding out which info it is that I actually need in the first place lol.

I'd say that your making great steps forward then. Your eyes are open and you can see what issues are important and are ignored at your peril. Like you say, I think TA should be the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

Also strategies... maybe option strategies.
If i'm guessing your motivation for this then i'd say you're really thinking in the right way. PM if you like so we can talk more.

So much to do and so little time. Not enough time for it all.
Tell me about it. That's how it seems at this stage. It gets clearer you know.

Need help in cooling down and picking the corn from the sh1t.
Sounds like you are the one putting the most time pressure on yourself. I recognise that too. You want to make it happen and can't find the way. It's a p1sser. But it can be done. Keep up your belief TF.

CV... I hate pubs. Plus all that will happen is that we'll end up getting smashed.

NO no no ...pubs offer good food..a drink ( various sorts ) for those that like to partake ( optional ) and a relaxing environment for a social.

Younger persons definition might be a place to get off your face :)

NO no no ...pubs offer good food..a drink ( various sorts ) for those that like to partake ( optional ) and a relaxing environment for a social.

Younger persons definition might be a place to get off your face :)

Well maybe I'll come around if it's a national branch e.g. weatherspoons but I deffo aint goin to no independant brewery backed gaff.

@Synonym... you're bang on the mark with that time constraints stuff mate. Only reason I'm pressuring myself is that I feel like I've been doggy paddling for 5-6 months in terms of understanding and on t2w I'm a bit too knowledgeable to discuss things with proper news and I don't know enough to get into it with the more exp members.

Well I'm off home after my lazy friday afternoon.

I'll keep in touch through this thread and I hope we do get something sorted out.

@Synonym... you're bang on the mark with that time constraints stuff mate. Only reason I'm pressuring myself is that I feel like I've been doggy paddling for 5-6 months in terms of understanding and on t2w I'm a bit too knowledgeable to discuss things with proper news and I don't know enough to get into it with the more exp members.

Well I'm off home after my lazy friday afternoon.

I'll keep in touch through this thread and I hope we do get something sorted out.

It can take a long time. Years rather than months.

Have a good one.

Mr Charts/Methuselah has that effect. His "Countdown" humour and literary masturbation are pure thread-killers.

Unless you go to his repackaged John Carter snake oil thread.

Don't you have a meet to plan anyway ;)

I'd be more than happy to meet up/arrange a meet, if we could clarify first whether those intending to attend actually have similarities in their beliefs about the markets and approaches to trading. Of course all traders should have some things in common, however, if we don't have some overlap, there really is limited benefit to meeting up.

Also still happy to talk on here.

hi guys, im quite new to the trading game, been demo trading currencis for about 6 months with no success!! Too guilty of jumping tactics and searching for the holy grail! Would defo be up for a meeting, I live in the manchester area so anywhere's easy for me

Martin

Hi Martin
Really good to hear that there are more of us out there locally.
So what type(s) of approaches, timeframe, etc are you interested in?
Syn