May '04 Forex

FetteredChinos said:
hmm, i had a look at this idea neil.

it doesnt seem to work terribly well. have a look at 3rdDawn's spreadsheet and try it out in there. yes it is profitable, but have a look at the equity curve. it was all over the place if i recall.

erm, i think with a 30 pt channel we would still be long from about the level we are at now.

as it is ive already managed to bag +42 today, so im kinda chuffed :)

FC

Short = my GBP/CHF trade - just closed for + 60 points.

It is the Euro on which you would still be long - my apologies FC. :eek:

Does anyone have a working copy of 3rddawn's spreadsheet? I'm trying to fiddle with my copy but it aint playin ball.....I change the parameters, hit run and nothing happens? Do I have to delete the trades listed from the previous run praps??

"come on cable. keep going. 1.7930 crucial?

FC"

Looking that way at the moment - 7931 was the 1-8 am low, so might have a struggle getting through there, but if/when it does it should continue to head south.

No trade today, I'm being boring. 1-8 am breakout said to buy 7998 on £, but that seemed a little dubious being on a big round number like that, so left alone. Should have reversed and shorted at 7964 but never mind.

Ben

Chow

Yup! Being of the old school, I like to see the market take out the high/low before entry.

I haven't traded this week - other things on my plate.

Successful trading to all - especially FC with his MA system, whipsaws and all! :cheesy:

ChowClown said:
Rossored, I think Goobs uses +1 on top of the trigger levels (1am-8am)....don't you Goobs?

FC, bad luck mate, bet you felt like panning him.

Fill 'yer boots today chaps.

Just having a look at the fibs too - I get 7851 as next support level in the medium-term - anyone else agree with that?

Ben

ok guys im back at my desk. just seen another flat. might well take this one.

came back to my desk to find my latest trade +36 to the good :)

havent even had an attempt at retouching the 100 EMA as yet. so remaining short. 1.7930 seems to have gone, next stop 1.7900?

Chow, as regards the spreadsheet, make sure you have macros enabled, then, after hitting the "run" button, hit F9 to recalculate the cells. when running heavy spreadsheets its often easier to turn calculation onto manual otherwise it can freeze ure pc.

hope this helps.

FC :)

big support down here. not only is it round number 1.7900, but also the 200 EMA on the 10 min chart, and previous resistance from yesterday.

hmmm

FC

Cheers FC, does F9 switch to manual calc? Hit run again and then F9 and same problem - macros are enabled....ah well never mind.

hmm, all fibs broken through on the 5min €$ - suppose we'll see a test of 2115ish now. Stoploss at 1.2083....

ok buddy, try this then. i think it should work

on the other tabs of the sheet i have put in some of my backtesting results.

using a trigger delay of some 60 points from an early breakout period seems to have some merit. ie it catches the big moves that occur when economic news surprises etc.

FC

balls, they have disabled ftp here at work. knackeration

chow, if you pm me your email address i'll send you a copy of the s/s that works if you want

FC

Crikey, just came back and seen the GBP/yen - still falling off a cliff since 7am break of 5minute bar.
Not one I normally have on screen.

...good 'ole FC tried to send me through his working copy of 3rddawn's backtest spreadsheet, but no go 'cos of size restriction on server - could any other kind soul send one through? Pls pm and I'll send my email address :)

sorry bout that Chow. its an 8mb file, which is pretty heavy going sadly :(

on another note, anyone else short on Euro or Cable?

its one way traffic at the moment!! :)

oops, spoke a bit too soon. rapid retrace to 1.7925. RSI divergance hints at further falls.

may add to short here.

hmm, am i feeling lucky, punks?

FC

FetteredChinos said:
ok, stopped out. +45

looking for longs now on a bounce off the EMA

FC

Good trading FC !. I don't know why you're bothering renting a flat - with all the money you're making you could buy a whole block !

Keep winning.

Regards,