May '04 Forex

On cable as I understand the system there is no stop loss. It's the only pair that does not carry one on a spot daily.

Has anyone backtested the BO systems on other pairs besides EUR/USD? Correct me if I'm wrong but the work put into these systems initially was just on EUR/USD.

Current trades for 1am-8am breakout.

Cable short @ 1.7887.Currently -40.

CHF long @2770.Currently -19.

JPY long @109.24.Currently -42.

As CC says,range for Euro/USD is 2133-2171.

Could well get bombed out on my 60 point stops early on.

Ah well,all part of the game !!

Thanks for that NB, very helpful indeed. Will monitor that for future reference.

Learning all the time...

Ben

I have usually use 50% of the range and have a target of 100% of the range and look for signs of weakness at key levels this should gives you a 2:1 reward/risk for the mathematicians among us lol :LOL:

HTH
NB

CC

No back testing by me but I am keeping detailed records of 1am -8am system and 8am-10am system for each of the 4 pairs as from beginning of May.I will post these each weekend unless somebody beats me to it.

I do have some figures for April but only based on 8am-10 am system:

Cable +305

Euro +155

CHF +40 (only traded from15.4.04)

JPY -69 (only traded from 15.4.04)

JPY seems to be the poor performer.As I said previousy I wonder if time difference with Tokyo is throwing us out and if we should be looking at different time bars before trading.

Anybody got any suggestions ?

My results yesterday on the 7-10 BO system.

EUR +19
USD/CHF -35

Let's see what today brings.

Newtron Bomb : I cannot for the life of me see what silent_fish's problem is. Ignore him and any other idiots. There are lots of us here who are grateful for your useful posts.

Regards,

Thanks Ivorm
I usually do but the sraw that broke the cammels back etc... and off a newby

Thanks for all the PM's folks

Regards
NB

Hello I am new to this very informative thread.
I trade Cable and euro/usd

currently flat cable though did manage to get 52 pips on a short from this ams highs
glad I closed it now..though still biased to the short side in general

Hi folks. Been reading the thread and impressed by some of the numbers being trousered on the 8-10 and 7-10 BO systems and salutations to JT. What's that all about, please? I know I have probably missed something, sorry. I do forex most days and look to pick up a few based on supports and resistances but this sounds interesting too. Grateful if someone would direct me to source information. Tks and gd luck.

Morning All

Short Swissy at 1.2770. :| Edit: Sorry - should read long!

Due to my circumstances, my BO system is based on 12:00:01 - 09:00:00 range. Also, if H/L range > 60 pips, I won't trade - e.g. Cable's range today was 78 pips. I don't use time limits as a filter e.g. rog1111's no trades after 10:00am.

Successful trading to all.

Mornin' Goober - could you keep us posted with results? Looks an interesting volatility filter.

Hi Chow

Yup - I reckon that if the price is in a tightish range overnight, a decent breakout is more probable. Obviously, this will result in fewer trades, however, I'm applying the system to more pairs.

Last edited:
Morning all,

TW,
I am trying to use the 7-10 BO system to.

Here are my positions:

USD/CFD long @ 1.2775 currently -1
GPB/USD long @ 1.7954 currently -22
EUR/USD short@ 1.2142 currently +5

Have I got it wrong on cable?

Thanks,

The Wanderer said:
Current trades for 1am-8am breakout.

Cable short @ 1.7887.Currently -40.

CHF long @2770.Currently -19.

JPY long @109.24.Currently -42.

As CC says,range for Euro/USD is 2133-2171.

Could well get bombed out on my 60 point stops early on.

Ah well,all part of the game !!

not so hot yesterday. must learn to stop trading at about 3pm as the market tends to die thereafter.

am awaiting the interest rate decision now. lets see what happens

FC

Hi FC

Sorry to hear about yesterday.

There's nothing like a drfiting market to kill MA systems.

btw, ive been toying with limited backtesting. am currently going for a version of the 7am-11am breakout but with a 50pt trigger required. doesnt trade everyday, but seems to have a good profit/drawdown ratio.

current orders short at 1.2087 long at 1.2224 . lets see

FC