May '04 Forex

webwolf

6 0
NB: re Interesting info on the reasons to the moves.

One useful source of information is www.global-view.com

It contains two threads of primary interest:
1. Forex Forum - free - used by FX traders of all types
2. GVI Forum - subscription based - used by those working FX banking and Financial Institutions

Both technical and fundamental information is discussed. It isn't setup the same way as Trade2Win, which has far more topics and continuity, but has a daily conversational feel to it with levels, stops, orders and buyers/sellers being posted by the contributors. As with any forum there are good and not so good posters LOL.

Hope this helps

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
morning all. like the new site layout. rather futuristic, and in a way reminds me of championship manager 03/04 , which is no bad thing.

have been tinkering with strategies over the weekend, and went live this morning trying to appliy chartman's 100 ema strategy to cable. first trade has been a belter as it has trended north all day. currently +90, and im trailing my stop.

essentially, the strat is to trade off bounces/rejections of the 100EMA, and stay in the trade unless +/- 20 points from the EMA, or you get PD/ND on RSI (14). seems to be working ok thus far. why oh why was i only testing it at £1 a point.

still, its a learning curve :)

did everyone have a good weekend then?

FC

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
bloody hell TW, if only you had real bucks on the line!!!

good to see it seems to work accross all the pairs.

odd how the GBP/USD is well in the money, and yet USD/JPY isnt too far down. most of this move must be due to sterling strenght, perhaps ??

FC

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
pour example...

here we go guys, now short on cable after it dipped below the 100 ema, and then failed to break it once more.

short from 1.7890. coincides with round number rejection.

lets see what happens.

FC :)

Attachments

• 100 ema rejection.jpg
    100 ema rejection.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 249

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
stop is at 1.7915, just above the recent high. i trail it so that it is 20 pts the other side of the 100 EMA.

this is only my first day doing this, so im experimenting in front of a "live studio audience"

looks a bit stuck at the moment. building for a move either way.

FC

Faris

143 1
Hey FC.

Nice little trade you made there.
was curious to know what time frame your using.
Im 15 min and 5 min but on my charts the 100 ema is still way below current price

Faris...

ChowClown

2,732 56
......gggg go Euro! Mornin' chaps.

rossored

2,103 56
imho the 100ma trading thoery is badly flawed.

Its like any ma system (imo) - look back over time and it will fit very nicely a number of times. Problem is, you tend not to notice the occassions when it would have burned you so bad you wish you died as a child.

just my tuppence worth

EDIT : Attachments are how I saw it, btw : long eur/usd, long gbp/usd, short usd/chf (stops just below red support/resistance lines) I'm not saying any other trading method is wrong, this is just how I saw it, btw.

Attachments

• eurusd.JPG
    eurusd.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 177
  • usdchf.JPG
    usdchf.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 191
  • gbpusd.JPG
    gbpusd.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
thanks for the input chaps.

im still testing it out, just to see how it can be refined etc.

all a learning curve. came dangerously close to being stopped out, but looks like it has formed a double-top.

thats his and her's luxury bathrobes.

FC

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Hmm - the 7am - 10am break out system has the euro/usd only now going long?

And JT's 7am 5min bar break has a failed short and a successful long - euro/usd

Last edited:

ivorm

293 1
neil said:
Hmm - the 7am - 10am break out system has the euro/usd only now going long?

And JT's 7am 5min bar break has a failed short and a successful long - euro/usd

I thought JT's 7-10 BO system went long at 12036. ( I missed the entry and went long at 12041 - better late than never [ I hope ] )

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Sorry Ivorm - I wait for the hourly bar to actually complete ( 2061)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock