May '04 Forex

ChowClown said:
Night guys - 1am-8am €$ delivered +106 through capitalspreads today. Nice start to the week. All hail JT!

His other method ( Break of 7am - 5 minute bar) triggered one Long trade.
The Hor-Ned one is smiling on us :devilish:
;)

wonderful start to trading the system. Just banked exactly 50 pips from the 7-10 B/O system. thanks JT.

In the past I've spent a LOT of time and effort on developing similar systems for the SPX and DOW futures. Whilst they have done OK the long term results just didnt justify the time effort and money. I'm very happy to see you have found a profitable way of working the principle.

Problem now is do I stick with the 7-10 system or move over to the 1-8.
hmmmm.

all the best

Neil

Do both as two separate systems if your not sure.

I trade the Asian session BO at 8AM GMT with no worries and out on target. It has become quite monotonous but consistent.

Happy Trading
NB

thnks Newtron, I've just been thinking that a merger of the two may be good; ie take the 1-8 breakout trade if it presents itself. If theres no breakout by 10am then look for a 7-10 breakout.

when you 'out on target' do you mean closing at 6pm or are you working to a fixed points target?

Neil

Surely am stating the obvious when there is no BO at of 8am high/low until 10am then this is still and 8am BO. perhaps i am oversimplifying lol :LOL:

Happy Trading
NB

Robber
I trade the asian range as a pattern and am looking for a price target detaermined by the current days range. I can be in and out in an hour or it can take all day to get there.

HTH
NB

morning ladies.

decided to trad off the 5 min chart today, and use the 200EMA as the ma for today. am trying to reduce the whipsaws.

currently long from 1.7965 after some decent bounces off the MA.

as always, trailing the stop.

:)

FC

Attachments

• going long.jpg
    going long.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 201
Mornin' - 1am-8am BUY order triggered at 1.2143 (EUR/USD). Seems to be attempting next leg up now.

TW

Does your 1am-8am system begin at 01:00:01 and end at 09:00:00?

Your trailing stop strategy is excellent. Do you watch the screens or do you use alerts to trail stops?

The Wanderer said:
Delmonico

On 1am-8am system 60 pips for all currencies

When 50 pips in profit I moved to break even and trail from there.

When 100 pips I moved it to 40 but currently have reduced it to 30.Don't want to push my luck too far and can't believe that it will go on like this all day.

System rules say that we should close trade at 6PM BUT IF I'm still in the game by then I'll probably move stop to 15 pips and let nature take its course.

Hope this helps

I've only just started following this BO system but shouldnt it be from .2144 not .2143?

As it happens I was long from the little bull flag at 1.2122 anyway but I'm curious as to the "mechanics" of it, having never traded a mechanical system before.

good luck chowster. may the force be with you.

glad im not the only one long at the moment.

i really should stop trading cable. it gives me heart attacks sometimes.

not in the best of moods today. flathunting was a disaster last night - went all the way to fulham only to be told by the landlord that the flat had gone, despite arranging to show me the flat.

git. complete and rampaging git lol :(

FC :)

Rossored, I think Goobs uses +1 on top of the trigger levels (1am-8am)....don't you Goobs?

FC, bad luck mate, bet you felt like panning him.

Fill 'yer boots today chaps.

So many systems...

Decided to try smaller stakes and run both 1-8 and 7-10 systems

Currently long on Cable and EUR/USD for both systems :eek:

MGBRoadster said:
Decided to try smaller stakes and run both 1-8 and 7-10 systems

Currently long on Cable and EUR/USD for both systems :eek:

It's going to be interesting to see which system does better.

I'm sticking with the 7-10 system for the moment. Long EUR from 1.2148. And ,inspired by The Wanderer, I'm trying USD/CHF - short from 1.2738. :cheesy:

FC : Flat hunting is a real pain. But the right place will turn up in the end.

Regards,

rossored said:
I've only just started following this BO system but shouldnt it be from .2144 not .2143?

As it happens I was long from the little bull flag at 1.2122 anyway but I'm curious as to the "mechanics" of it, having never traded a mechanical system before.

Rosso : We've converted you to forex. Now we need to convert you to mechanical systems. lol

Regards,

ivorm said:
It's going to be interesting to see which system does better.

I'm sticking with the 7-10 system for the moment. Long EUR from 1.2148. And ,inspired by The Wanderer, I'm trying USD/CHF - short from 1.2738. :cheesy:

I have also been inspired by The Wanderer :cool: ALL HAIL THE WANDERER WE ARE NOT WORTHY :p

Ramblings while making coffee

FetteredChinos said:
right stop moved to +5. time to let this baby run.

FC :)

Re the 5 minute chart - the other method was to go short from the break of the 7am close/or low.
You could always build in a 30 point channel ( 7am low/or close, plus 30 points = Short :
7am high/or close, plus 30 points = Long).

So you would be short thus far, from close/or low ,at 7am ?

Last edited:
hmm, i had a look at this idea neil.

it doesnt seem to work terribly well. have a look at 3rdDawn's spreadsheet and try it out in there. yes it is profitable, but have a look at the equity curve. it was all over the place if i recall.

erm, i think with a 30 pt channel we would still be long from about the level we are at now.

as it is ive already managed to bag +42 today, so im kinda chuffed :)

FC