May '04 Forex

lol erm ok redben.

i was whipsawed earlier today, but im about +90 so far today. i like it when markets trend.

arjen robben was a bit of a god actually. i recommend Cherno Samba, a cheeky 15 year old from millwall.

he is regularly getting 50 goals a season for me at the moment, all by the tender age of 21.

i am addicted to that game so badly. in a previous incarnation i only stopped playing when i had seen richard wright make his 2000th appearance for the club. it was then i decided to join the real world and seek help.

FC :)

lol, know the feeling! It has to be the most addictive game in history, save perhaps for day-trading. I've lost months of my life to it, which I probably shouldn't be admitting. Never had a player at 2000 appearances though, so some way to go perhaps! I know about Samba actually, but the Millwall player I'm currently after is Supat Rungratsamee (easy for me to say) - looks like a real diamond at just 18 years old. The best signings for my current Man Utd side are Lionel Morgan on the left (cheap signing from Wimbledon), Riquelme from Villereal, Pablo Nino - striker from some Spanish side, and the mighty Thierry Henry - signed him on a free! Won the Champions League three seasons running and have 300 mill in the bank. Just like real life then...

Nice trading today then, FC - would settle for a +90 week at the moment! My +30 today really should have been +100, but never mind, tomorrow is another day. Be interested to see how the 100 ema strat works out - I follow the 10/40 ema crossover. I know they're not popular with everyone but they seem to work as good indicators at the moment.

Ben

What a day so far TW - do you have any records you could post for the 1am-8am BO across all 4 pairs (in terms of average pips/day)? - I think this variant was originally backtested using EUR/USD.

Last edited:
aha yes, lionel morgan, currently terrorising right backs up and down the land at mighty sunderland. we had a tricky start to life in the game, but things currently developing nicely

a good improvement in the game is that tactics are now as important as players. in the old days all you needed was ronaldinho, shevchenko and andre paralta up front and you would win everything.

in the new games, tactics are more important. still havent managed an unbeaten season yet though. still time of course :)

+30 is not to be sniffed at buddy. little and often is the way to do it :)

FC

CC

As you say quite a day-currently up 435 pips in total on Cable,Euro and CHF with 60 pip loss on JPY leaving nett of 375 profit.Keeping stops fairly tight now.

Have only traded 1am-8am system over the last 2 days so regrettably do not have any meaningful figures that 1 can post as yet.Hovever I am keeping a record of all of my trades using this and the 3 hour breakout system and will quite happily post them each week so that we can compare the respective systems.

I did keep a "watching brief " over the 1am -8am system towards the end of April and my overall impression is that the range over which the currencies trade is fairly tight compared to 8am-10 am and that when the markets open at full speed you can either get bombed out pretty quickly or,like today,capture a big movement.However,hopefully the figures will prove things one way or another.

Out of interest ,in April,using 8am-10 am system I made as follows:

Cable: +305 pips

Euro/USD +155 Pips

USD/CHF +40 Pips (only began trading as from 15.4.04)

USD/JPY -69 Pips (again only traded from 15.4.04)

Overall profit 431 pips.

Does not appear to be too many people trading CHF but it does seem to trend quite nicely and can produce some good results

pmaa said:
I make it 2038 neil ,sure your looking at the right bar

10am bar CLOSED at 2061 - I operate on the closing of the 10am bar - sorry if I am confusing people, methinks I had better go back to lurking :D

Delmonico

On 1am-8am system 60 pips for all currencies

When 50 pips in profit I moved to break even and trail from there.

When 100 pips I moved it to 40 but currently have reduced it to 30.Don't want to push my luck too far and can't believe that it will go on like this all day.

System rules say that we should close trade at 6PM BUT IF I'm still in the game by then I'll probably move stop to 15 pips and let nature take its course.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
FWIW i think we are going down from here, certainly on £/$

coming close to breaching support on a 5 mins chart.

dont take my word for it though!!

FC

Thanks TW - a forward testing/trading summary of the 7am-10am/1am-8am systems would be good to see on here.

Yes thanks TW.
Had been watching CHF myself. Seems less whippy with higher chance of a successful outcome, if not always to the same extent as Euro and Cable.
Although nothing wrong with its profit today!!!!
Well done

neil said:
10am bar CLOSED at 2061 - I operate on the closing of the 10am bar - sorry if I am confusing people, methinks I had better go back to lurking :D

Sorry neil i thought you was following the JT system ,7-10 am breakout ,the last bar of this system is 9-10 am not 10 -11 am . :eek:

bull fighting hard to defend 1.7900

not sure if they have the firepower to defend it long-term. its looking weaker by the minute.

watch it bounce heavily now lol!

FC

hmm, close to breaking the support from earlier this morning. if that goes, then we could be seeing 1.7800 by tonight, depending on what is said in the US tonight!! :)

still short too.

stop moved to 1.7795 to lock in 30 points..

FC

Night guys - 1am-8am €$ delivered +106 through capitalspreads today. Nice start to the week. All hail JT!