May '04 Forex

ivorm

293 1
neil said:
Sorry Ivorm - I wait for the hourly bar to actually complete ( 2061)

Do you mean that you wait for the 10.00-11.00 bar to complete ? I thought the 7-10 range ended with the 9:00 - 10.00 bar. :confused:

JonnyT

2,560 22
1.2036 is correct using the spot market from FXCM

It is essentially any break of the trading range between 07:00 and 10:00

JonnyT

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
hmm, its good to be short. :)

targeting 1.7820- 1.7800. stops tightened a bit to follow the descending 100 EMA.

all experimental this.

FC

The Wanderer

88 0
Current positio for 1am-8am system:

GBP +110

Euro +93

CHF +108

JPY -41

Whatever happens now it should be a profitable day now with stops moved up.

Pity I didn't have the balls to do it on the live a/c!!!

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
hmm, lots of overhead resistance here.

if it breaks, we should be flying. tightening stops in case of reversal.

FC

Attachments

• overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 201

Redben

68 0
Nice new look to the site - reminded me of Champ Man 03/04 too! Was all set to buy Arjen Robben for my depleted left side...

Went long on cable early on, buying 1.7761 - except silly me got out for 30 pips expecting 7800 to be resistance. D'oh! Going to trail the stops from now on to give trades room to breath rather than cutting and running too early. Still new to this game, so learning all the time.

Interesting ema strat FC, might have a look at that one myself - or let you do all the hard work for me in testing it ;)

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
lol erm ok redben.

i was whipsawed earlier today, but im about +90 so far today. i like it when markets trend.

arjen robben was a bit of a god actually. i recommend Cherno Samba, a cheeky 15 year old from millwall.

he is regularly getting 50 goals a season for me at the moment, all by the tender age of 21.

i am addicted to that game so badly. in a previous incarnation i only stopped playing when i had seen richard wright make his 2000th appearance for the club. it was then i decided to join the real world and seek help.

FC :)

Redben

68 0
lol, know the feeling! It has to be the most addictive game in history, save perhaps for day-trading. I've lost months of my life to it, which I probably shouldn't be admitting. Never had a player at 2000 appearances though, so some way to go perhaps! I know about Samba actually, but the Millwall player I'm currently after is Supat Rungratsamee (easy for me to say) - looks like a real diamond at just 18 years old. The best signings for my current Man Utd side are Lionel Morgan on the left (cheap signing from Wimbledon), Riquelme from Villereal, Pablo Nino - striker from some Spanish side, and the mighty Thierry Henry - signed him on a free! Won the Champions League three seasons running and have 300 mill in the bank. Just like real life then...

Nice trading today then, FC - would settle for a +90 week at the moment! My +30 today really should have been +100, but never mind, tomorrow is another day. Be interested to see how the 100 ema strat works out - I follow the 10/40 ema crossover. I know they're not popular with everyone but they seem to work as good indicators at the moment.

Ben

ChowClown

2,732 56
What a day so far TW - do you have any records you could post for the 1am-8am BO across all 4 pairs (in terms of average pips/day)? - I think this variant was originally backtested using EUR/USD.

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock