Let's trade, recipes ! Food fit for trading champions.

Haha - it got promoted to 'promising recipe' status, but I've changed my mind and downgraded again. Looks like a lot of mucking about for some KFC to me.

I read recently that Dark Chocolate is supposed to keep you sharp, on your toes etc..

I've been trying it past few days and there is definately some truth in it - and its healthier than caffeine, lasts longer etc...

Try it, I got some 85% Lindt stuff from the supermarket for a couple of quid y'day

I heard peppermint tea (which I like). I also like green tea but that has caffeine in it. I managed to get some decaf bags the other day but they taste bad.

Hmmmm - sounds like it might be good for you, but taste like drinking cold sick. Not so sure on that one....

Or just have a nicer tea ;)

Thanks though. I will probably try it anyway. What's the benefit meant to be?

"Sage inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine which the brain uses when it thinks". Found the reference, clearly.

On another note,mentioned in the same book (it was a freebie in teh t'graph a few months ago - "training your brain", of the Teach Yourself books) was references to students using "smart drugs" to aid study; things like Ritalin to help them conentrate for hours, amongst others... Have you ever come across anything like this on a dealing floor, as a substitution for the usual suspects?

Search Times Online

"Sage inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine which the brain uses when it thinks". Found the reference, clearly.

On another note,mentioned in the same book (it was a freebie in teh t'graph a few months ago - "training your brain", of the Teach Yourself books) was references to students using "smart drugs" to aid study; things like Ritalin to help them conentrate for hours, amongst others... Have you ever come across anything like this on a dealing floor, as a substitution for the usual suspects?

Search Times Online

Similar effect could be acheived with a tablespoon of soya lecithin every day. Very rich source of choline - will naturally increase acetylcholine levels.
Apparently it can even improve symptoms in Alzheimer's sufferers......

camarones al ajillo

extremely simple but a very tasty recipe......quantities to feed 2

- prawns...raw....400grams
- olive oil....plenty....about 100ml
- garlic.......about 20 cloves (finely chopped)
- chilli....between 2 and 3, finely chopped...optional
-salt and pepper
- parsley

heat oil in a pan at low heat. when oil is hot, add garlic and chili until golden

add prawns and raise temperature. add salt and pepper. cook for 90m seconds and flip over.

add parsley and move prawns. cook for another 90 seconds or until prawns are pink.

serve on top of rice.

enjoy and sayonara :cheesy:

ps. the remaining oil can be used on pasta the following day

Last edited:
I read recently that Dark Chocolate is supposed to keep you sharp, on your toes etc..

I've been trying it past few days and there is definately some truth in it - and its healthier than caffeine, lasts longer etc...

Try it, I got some 85% Lindt stuff from the supermarket for a couple of quid y'day

I find a dark square of chocolate helps perk me up. Unfortunately just eating the one square is the challenge for me. :/

I find a dark square of chocolate helps perk me up. Unfortunately just eating the one square is the challenge for me. :/

If your looking for a stimulant, why not go the whole hog, and just get a Henry o' Charlie in.

(y)

Best
John

this thread is rapidly becoming my favorite because the results are easier to quantify than all these hollow paper trading victories

some day i will come out of the paper trading closet and bang heads with the world, but there's that voice in the back of my head telling me how to spot the sucker at the poker table....

I'm the kind of guy that reads about bankers trading on old info after the markets close and my already cautious persona becomes a scared cat in a thunderstorm.... paper-trading until may will settle my mind some...

When I figure out how to shop in Mexico for the ingredients Jacinto posts, This was a lot easier in the USA, but I'm so happy I moved down here...

Anyway,

anyway, chomping on the RAW OATS today and trying to

Last edited:
trying NOT to be the typical gringo tourist in the floral shirt with a beer in my hand, ignorant of the culture....

It has been really hard not to buy beer everytime i walk by the "cerve fria". i see undervalued assets! I want to corner the market in cheap beer! then I get on the scale and realize that there is a reason these latin american beauties aren't making eye contacto! like Kramer after a week of smoking, the cheap beer has affected my mojo, im hideous!

so its oats and no bread until lent is over, plenty of lentils and is there a good bean recipe out there Jacinto?

I am going to learn Mayan as i feel it is the authentic lingo of the land here. Spanish is the lingo of the conquistadores with their mestizos and other eugenic BS!

ideal trading food.

2 sliced of bread and plenty of

trackback-spam.jpg