Why do you trade?

Kaeso

Established member
836 91
For me it's been a labour of love. I obviously want financial freedom so that I can work from home. That is certainly an amazing benefit but it isn't my focus.. I really enjoy researching and following stories unfold and it's also rewarding being right about the market reaction. I still have a way off from financial freedom side as my trade sizes are not making me rich. Working up size to that level is going to take some time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
i like the phrase labour of love, i can relate to that, not just trading but with other things too (y)

PINETREES

4 0
For me trading is a financial process, where with every trade I can learn something new. Trading markets are volatile environment that is why you always have t on tour tip toes :)

Lary

11 2
I so agree with @Leeshepherd and @Bradtex
Just made me glad that you visited them. Should be more often to keep the family happy and alive. That's father's job. :)

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
I trade dreams. (Mine :D)I live for trading. No matter how many times I fail, I pick myself learn what I can from the mistakes objectively, and try again. and again. and again. and again..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ad infinitum

However, actually doing a bit better this time around. It feels good, and I feel good. Like an highly conditioned athlete that just lost 20lbs...lighter, faster, nimble. Hope this continues, love this feeling :D

Reactions: Mactheriverrat

mason_ritter

76 3
I trade for the profit, of course, but I also trade because I genuinely enjoy it. It's a good, fun, productive intellectual exercise.

SmTrader86

17 4
I have been consistently profitable overall for 4 years now, but in particular the last 2 years i have been in profit month in month out with equity gains no losses!!!... Reason i believe i became better since a string of blowing my account is

1...Master your emotions and physcology
2...Find a system that suits you(I am a swing trader) with proper risk management
3...Dont think about money, just become better at trading
4...Dont aim for monthly % or return...trade your setup % gain comes naturally
5...Understand that money is just a number, don't get emotional when you win or loose
6...Be patient,

I know all sound vague, but when the penny drop...all will seem clearer

All the best

Reactions: awe and tomorton

mason_ritter

76 3
I have been consistently profitable overall for 4 years now, but in particular the last 2 years i have been in profit month in month out with equity gains no losses!!!... Reason i believe i became better since a string of blowing my account is

2...Find a system that suits you(I am a swing trader) with proper risk management
5...Understand that money is just a number, don't get emotional when you win or loose
6...Be patient,

All the best
For how long have you been trading in general?

hatemypips

315 11

6...Be patient,

All the best
Could you share with us some tips on how to build trading strategy? Any books you used in you study to build the successful system?

SmTrader86

17 4
The books that has an effect on me was the following

Trading in zones also disciplined trader by mark douglas. I also read articles on google anything relation to emotion, psychology, human behavior etc..

As with strategy, you have to see what suits you're personality....i feel comfortable as a swing trader 1-7 days. Also i don't heavily rely on indicators, sometimes i use Ishimoku system or usually i read price actions with no indicators, also i don't use stop losses. I hedge.....

but it is really 90% emotions and psychology...

Merk Porter

44 0
I have joined the forex trading to get the financial independence. As each trader is not comparable, a foreign currency exchange trader must decide how he can use trading strategies to achieve his trading objectives. And first a trader must decide how to start his trading: with smaller or larger amount. And as forex is an over the counter market a trader has full freedom to work with full independence which attracts me most.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,261 1,276
Sounds like you are near to the end of your tether.
My advice is to take some time off trading and come back if you want another go later. Take a holiday if you can still afford one.
Get refreshed and optimistic or call it a day. Be proud that you gave it your best shot and there are lots of other things to do.

Driving yourself into the ground with worry is not a good idea.

Reactions: Nowler

mason_ritter

76 3
That is good advice. If there's a problem with one's trading it's better, I think, to pause for a little while so you don't get stuck into making the same mistake over and over again. Rest, analyse your trades and try to correct what went wrong.

Sandra James

1 0
I have been consistently profitable overall for 4 years now, but in particular the last 2 years i have been in profit month in month out with equity gains no losses!!!... Reason i believe i became better since a string of blowing my online trading account is

6...Be patient,

All the best
Based on my experience in trading in the stock market, these points are all true. There is a high chance you could lose it all if you are hasty. These are mind games and the most successful ones end up on top. Money is an outcome of your prowess in trading. Learn the nitty-gritty of trading and allow yourself to reach your potential. Trading is an art. You need to feel at home when trading.

Peer pressure is one of the biggest factors in the trading world. If everyone else is doing it, there is no pressure to follow the flock.

Last edited by a moderator: