Why do you trade?

May 3, 2018
because it can trade anywhere. As long as there are gadgets that connect to the internet, where I can trade. Want to trade at the Office, on campus, at the café, at home, in a room, or in the bathroom.

Aug 15, 2018
For sure, modern gadgets create unique trading possibilities. If you are swing trader, you can monitor you positions from the any place. The traders of the past could not even dream about that.
Another point is that information becomes more affordable. Now you can just download app, subscribe to something like Briefing or WSJ and get reliable information about the financial markets.

Trading is something like intellectual challenge, creating new interesting tasks to solve.

Ovitany

Dec 23, 2018
I like your post. Our jouney help us grow up as a trader.We know what's we wrong.We can change there mistake and find out them with "why". Example why we entry position too ealry? Why we entry position too late? After you clear you mind and make a trading journal. You're better than yesterday.

tokyojoe

May 4, 2011
Basically, I'm just wondering what got everyone into trading, but most importantly, what keeps you from smashing your computer and moving on to literally anything else?

Me, I’m upset with where i am in life. I have grown stronger and stronger but financially I’m so weak. I find so much shame when it comes to my financial situation. At the same time i see day trading / investing as my only way to have real money, or at least the first step to acquire enough money that I can pursue options that would be right now, impossible to do. Basically, it could provide the freedom to attempt to be rich. At the same time, two years of working hard could provide me with a suitable nest egg, but theres no part of me that wants to spend any more time working construction. While 7 years may not seem long to some, I personally hate not having control over my schedule or actions.
I am truly experiencing tunnel vision. Trading, losing at trading specifically, has taken all my focus. This must be exactly what gamblers feel like. I am astounded how many negative and non-productive feelings I get as a result of trading. Some examples are, Ill show them, when i make it life will be better, YOU ****ING SUCK I HATE YOU is a pretty regular one, etc.
Perhaps i’ve just become addicted to the high of a winning trade, being a caffeine-aholic I could definitely see a connection in terms of dopamine and the brain. But truly, the reason I still put my heart and soul into this energy sapping venture is that I truly believe it is a viable source of income, and I do love a challenge. Perhaps there is no beating the market, its all just a matter of luck, but I refuse to believe that. It has taken alot of money from me, but on top of that so much time. Time that could be spent on anything. But I regret nothing, this is my ocean to brave, and all I can see is the freedom that success in this venture can, or if you believe in being positive, will bring.
This may be my final 5 days of trading. From a non emotional view, I dont see any value investing any more time or money into myself. I go home for a week to see my family either way the week after, with or without success in the market this week I will be glad to see them. Wish me luck.
Caesar

Hi Caesar, I don't know your age, but trust me on this, focus your efforts into learning a real trade, a trade or profession which pays well, one that will eventually enable you to branch out on your own...... Anybody on this or any other forum who tells you they are doing trading as a full time job......& more over making a fortune (or decent living wage) are talking out of their @rse. This goes for so called "well known forum members" who seem to live their daily life...... "online" shall we say.

I was & am in a very fortunate position financially, through trading ? no, it was through 20 years of hard work running a business which paid well, very well, I paid my mortgage off 10 years early on a detached house in an affluent area, seen the world & have never had financial worries.....through trading ? no.......One of the members said "not working for someone is only half as good as having a great job !"......sorry but what a load of sh1t, having a good job is still a job, you are still a number, a bod, a paye slave.

I started my journey with £2,000 to my name at the age of 17 & now in my forties. If I could go back to being 17 would I use that money to trade ? would I fu<k !

It's a hobby, nothing else.

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
Hi Caesar, I don't know your age, but trust me on this, focus your efforts into learning a real trade, a trade or profession which pays well, one that will eventually enable you to branch out on your own...... Anybody on this or any other forum who tells you they are doing trading as a full time job......& more over making a fortune (or decent living wage) are talking out of their @rse. This goes for so called "well known forum members" who seem to live their daily life...... "online" shall we say.

I was & am in a very fortunate position financially, through trading ? no, it was through 20 years of hard work running a business which paid well, very well, I paid my mortgage off 10 years early on a detached house in an affluent area, seen the world & have never had financial worries.....through trading ? no.......One of the members said "not working for someone is only half as good as having a great job !"......sorry but what a load of sh1t, having a good job is still a job, you are still a number, a bod, a paye slave.

I started my journey with £2,000 to my name at the age of 17 & now in my forties. If I could go back to being 17 would I use that money to trade ? would I fu<k !

It's a hobby, nothing else.

"Not working for someone is only half as good as having a great job. But its twice as good as having a crap job."

I've had a couple of great jobs. Jobs which didn't take up all my hours, which provided me with plenty of money, future financial security also, plenty of leave time to enjoy travel and the good things in life, jobs which were mentally stimulating, jobs which I couldn't wait to get to the office for, jobs in which I met so many good people and had such a lot of fun.

If I still had a job like that, I wouldn't have bothered learning trading. Now that I trade, I will never never go back to working.

tokyojoe

May 4, 2011
"Not working for someone is only half as good as having a great job. But its twice as good as having a crap job."

I've had a couple of great jobs. Jobs which didn't take up all my hours, which provided me with plenty of money, future financial security also, plenty of leave time to enjoy travel and the good things in life, jobs which were mentally stimulating, jobs which I couldn't wait to get to the office for, jobs in which I met so many good people and had such a lot of fun.

If I still had a job like that, I wouldn't have bothered learning trading. Now that I trade, I will never never go back to working.
Horses for courses then ! A job is still a job, no matter how it's flowered up... you are a number, a cog, a paye bod until you are no longer needed.... a crap job isn't even worth quoting, so to say "not working for someone is twice as good as a crap job" is.......well, aload of crap..... "not working for someone" is an amazing freeing wonderful way of life..... twice as good as a crap job ! Give me a break, you've obviously quoted this a few times & have never been challenged on the ridiculousness of what you are quoting.

Ps "if you STILL had a job like that"... say no more. Good luck with your trading endeavours, you sound like you got it nailed Tom.

I am so glad I got into this game, not only did I realise what a vacuous boring vocation it really is, it made me realise how lucky I am to have blazed my own trail..... coz while the companies used & abused their paye bods.....I used the companies ! common sense really.

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
Horses for courses then ! A job is still a job, no matter how it's flowered up... you are a number, a cog, a paye bod until you are no longer needed.... a crap job isn't even worth quoting, so to say "not working for someone is twice as good as a crap job" is.......well, aload of crap..... "not working for someone" is an amazing freeing wonderful way of life..... twice as good as a crap job ! Give me a break, you've obviously quoted this a few times & have never been challenged on the ridiculousness of what you are quoting.

Ps "if you STILL had a job like that"... say no more. Good luck with your trading endeavours, you sound like you got it nailed Tom.

I am so glad I got into this game, not only did I realise what a vacuous boring vocation it really is, it made me realise how lucky I am to have blazed my own trail..... coz while the companies used & abused their paye bods.....I used the companies ! common sense really.

My experience is not your experience. Yours is not mine.