Why Do People Trade?

RUDEBOY

Experienced member
Why do you you choose to put YOUR money on the line? How many answers to this question can there be? Do you actually put money on the line? I'll take it that very little response to this thread indicates an embarrasment to actually acknowledge the very searing fact of money seduction, for all you theorists out there. Therefore the majority of this site are in it for money, right or wrong. The facts are, if you get it right, but not for money, you are a hopeless case, you have no self awareness, no self confidence. Just getting it right doesn't count in the very real world of trading, getting it right goes hand in hand with the money aspect of trading! This said, iv'e just read my own thread( rhymes, i know), and to be honest, it's a self perpatrated pile of nonsense, in short, this site would be nothing without arguement, so let's argue. Arguement( reasoned), forms markets to a certain degree, bulls and bears, you know the score! Black and white, forget it, your pissin' in the wind. ANYWAY! i'm crackin' open another can of stella and poppin' another micro dot, ACID TRADING!, works for me? RB.

Hi Rude

The only reason to trade that I know is TO MAKE MONEY

Incidentally I read your thread twice just to reinforce my original impression.

"It will take a lot more than one stella to get the job done"

hi iwonder if anyone can help, I have taken a long position on july Glue.do you think I could come unstuck

dicko said:
hi iwonder if anyone can help, I have taken a long position on july Glue.do you think I could come unstuck

Hard to say Dicko.

I was Short June Front Doors and I became unhinged

I trade because I am an addict.. uh, well, what I meant was.. I am fascinated by the market and all aspects of it. It is about observing mass crowd behaviour and making use of it.
Oh and did I say I was an addict? ;)

trendie said:
I was Short Bread, but it kept on rising. :(

I have run into that problem.
Now I only go short on Pita Bread, with a stop at 400ºF
The results are very up lifting.

Is this the Joules joke thread to get as many posts as possible in a short time thread? ;)

IMO anyone who answers "to make money" to this question isn't really in touch with themselves. There are all sorts of ulterior motives as to why people trade.

For e.g.

Freedom
Approval (from spouse, partner, parents, friends)

There are loads more if I could be bothered to sit here and think about it.

3 reasons why :

- pure greed , the fast money kind of geezer , may do well for a short time , but over the distance comes a cropper

- ego Wkers , wants to trade to show his pals what a big man he is , no real feel for the market , takes big risk , a gambler , will crash and burn fast.
low self worth trying to conceal it by ' making it big ' on the market.

- the game player , the puzzle solver , the real trader . this is the guy who has a winning method and real risk control . should do well .

Don't tell them they have to solve puzzles for the goodness sake, they don't want to hear that, they just want to get fastened on to this straight away and make bundles in seconds. And they are not interested in methods either, they are mesmerised by what they call systems, the less work and effort required, the better and the more they percieve they ought to like it. All you have to observe in order to understand this, is to pick out the threads that discuss these systems and see how the great majority are attracted to such nonsense like bees to a honey pot. Quite funny really.

Make a living , have fun ( sometimes ) and the Freedom of not having anyone tell me what to do ever again !!!!!

Ohhhh I also get to listen to my music collection on my I-Tunes library in the Office all day EVERY day :)

Freedom and money is what it all comes down to IMHO.

The freedom to earn money at my own pace at times that suit me and to give me the freedom to revolve 'my job' around my life rather than my life around 'my job'.

As to whether you fully understand the whats, whys and hows of the underlying reasons for movements or any of the pyschology behind it, or if you use 'a system', if your trying to earn a living, nd you are from the way you trade, then what does it really matter how you get from A to B?

Unless you are trying to prove something...