Let's discuss our trading bots

orakul

What's up everyone. Hope you are all having a fantastic profitable trading!
I have an idea. What do you all say if we use this thread to exchange ideas on how to improve our robots. I'm not asking to share an exact working algorithm or any secrets of course (unless you want to) but everything else could be discussed.
For example: what does your trading robot user interface looks like, what kind of options does your robot have (take profit, stops, etc.), and so on.
I'll start with mine. My trading bot is for trading crypto and made for Binance exchange.
Here's a screenshot of my baby. Still in active development phase and not finished but already working (even though with errors).
Here's a complete list of options my robot has:
- take profit
- three different stop losses. The way it works is one predetermined stop loss is automatically placed immediately after the entry. Second stop loss will replace the first one in a predefined period of time. And finally the third stop loss is automatically activated (and replaces the second one) once the price reaches 75% profit target. It will close a position with a 50% profit target in case the price will reverse and go against you without reaching the take profit. Although stop lossess #2 and #3 can be turned off.
- Martingale. A position will be increased bt 100% after every losing trade. Can be set to 50% instead of 100% so the position will be increased only by half instead of a 100%. Also can be turned off.
- Patterns. List of candlestick patterns that I trade. If boxes with all patterns are checked then bot will trade all those patterns at the same time. Once it sees any of the predefined patterns present it will enter a trade. Once in a trade all new signals are ignored. Or you can check just one needed pattern and will trade only that pattern.
- Enter only on HOD or LOD. Some patterns (reverse patterns for example) have good profit/loss ratio only when you trade them when they appear either at the top or at the bottom. When this box is checked bot will enter a trade only if one of the candles of the candlestick pattern had either a High Of the Day or Low Of the Day price. All others will be ignored.
- Running pattern. Shows what pattern is running right now
- Cool down period. After each trade you can set a period of time for bot to cool down and ignore new trades.

In a mean time i'm working on making this bot a multicurrency so that it will automatically trade all the coins that Binance has instead of only one crypto like it is right now.
I'm also planning to implement an option where I could check not one but multiple timeframes at the same time so that the bot will monitor all those timeframes and will enter a position whenever a pattern pops up on any of the chosen timeframes (whichever comes first).

Also a bot for trading stocks is under development and will be ready soon.

P.S. Just wanted to clarify that i'm not a programmer and i'm paying a freelancer to develop it.

Attachments

• 222222.png
    222222.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 180
Why would you pay a programmer to do such, when there are platforms where you dynamically can implement this with a few clicks, non-programming? Besides, you need to back-test this, and then also .... take care, the development platform turns into years of development..

Why would you pay a programmer to do such, when there are platforms where you dynamically can implement this with a few clicks, non-programming? Besides, you need to back-test this, and then also .... take care, the development platform turns into years of development..
couldn't find any platform where I could build a bot with a candlestick patterns I need so I had no choice but to pay a programmer

couldn't find any platform where I could build a bot with a candlestick patterns I need so I had no choice but to pay a programmer
Here's one.
In this webinar you will learn how to create, backtest and automate any candlestick pattern trading strategy - no code or technical knowledge is needed!

We will take a close look at a variety of candlestick patterns, learn how to define them using everyday English and run some backtest to compare the performance of different trading strategies.

See how easy it is to automate your strategy, letting Capitalise.ai to monitor the markets for the pattern you're looking for.