Let's Play the US Markets

I sense another viral marketing campaign gone disastrously wrong. According to his Linkedin profile Sotirios Sarmpezoudis is currently Head of Online Marketing at Tradenet UK Ltd, correct? Our original poster acknowledges this as well as says he works with him. The strange thing is that Tradenet UK Ltd have recently been struck off and dissolved by Companies House so one way or the other someone is not being entirely truthful.

Attachments

• tradenet CH.jpg
    tradenet CH.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 198
  • tradenet linkedin.jpg
    tradenet linkedin.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Pboyles, yes Sotos is the head of Marketing at Tradenet and I work here too. I have been clear about that fact both in my posts and on my profile. There are many Tradenets on companies house (it is a popular name) and our details are

TRADENET GLOBAL UK LTD
100 Fenchurch Street
London
EC3M 5JD
Company No. 07149950
Date of Incorporation: 08/02/2010

We are a licencee of Tradenet Capital Markets Ltd. If you would like any more information about me please PM me.

My LinkedIn profile is here http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=15965037&trk=tab_pro (please let me know if this link doesn't work) and I have my connection to Tradenet clear on my profile. As Jon has pointed out twice now, the only thing I have done wrong is put a link on my post which directs away from the forums and I have agreed (twice) not to do it again. Apart from that, I have only tried to introduce myself as a rookie trader looking to keep a journal. If I do anything out of the ordinary from now on, please call me up on it. If not, then can we try to be civil? Would it be ok with you if I talked about the books I'm reading (Welcome to my trade room, Alexander Elder and a study Guide for Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John Murphy)?

Toastie, are you still using your DT Trading System? You seem to be looking for a similar set of stocks to me... although I'm looking for Dojis and hammers only rather than Harami's or engulfing patterns. Your last post was back in Oct - how is it going now? We seem to agree that the US is a good place for beginners to start...

Pboyles, yes Sotos is the head of Marketing at Tradenet and I work here too. I have been clear about that fact both in my posts and on my profile. There are many Tradenets on companies house (it is a popular name) and our details are

TRADENET GLOBAL UK LTD
100 Fenchurch Street
London
EC3M 5JD
Company No. 07149950

We are a licencee of Tradenet Capital Markets Ltd. If you would like any more information about me please PM me.

My LinkedIn profile is here http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=15965037&trk=tab_pro (please let me know if this link doesn't work) and I have my connection to Tradenet clear on my profile. As Jon has pointed out twice now, the only thing I have done wrong is put a link on my post which directs away from the forums and I have agreed (twice) not to do it again. Apart from that, I have only tried to introduce myself as a rookie trader looking to keep a journal. If I do anything out of the ordinary from now on, please call me up on it. If not, then can we try to be civil? Would it be ok with you if I talked about the books I'm reading (Welcome to my trade room, Alexander Elder and a study Guide for Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John Murphy)?

Toastie, are you still using your DT Trading System? You seem to be looking for a similar set of stocks to me... although I'm looking for Dojis and hammers only rather than Harami's or engulfing patterns. Your last post was back in Oct - how is it going now? We seem to agree that the US is a good place for beginners to start...

His linkedin profile clearly states Tradenet UK Ltd which is a totally different company from the one you mention now. Tradenet Capital Markets Ltd does not even appear as a registered company.

Hi pboyles,

I see your point and I've updated my profile - sorry if this caused any confusion! Tradenet Capital Markets Ltd is based in Israel and we are a licencee of that company. As I said before - if you would like any more information please PM me and I'll be more than happy to explain anything in as much detail as you like. I'm here to talk about my trading activity - what would you like to talk about?

TRADENET GLOBAL UK LTD
100 Fenchurch Street
London
EC3M 5JD
Company No. 07149950

Nick - you haven't been clear - you started off with a lie. Wordpress blog?

You and your company exist to extract money out of gullible newbies.

I exist to make money for myself.

You will ulitmately fail. If you are the new hire you claim to be and you have a conscience - you will one day leave in disgust.

In the meantime some of the customers of your company will lose their life savings following the advice they give. This will be the reason that those employees with a moral compass at your company will leave.

If your company was legit, they would be able to advertise with legitimate, audited, customer success statements. Of course they can't - so they resort to peons like you.

Sadly - no-one at T2W really cares about this - either that or they are just naive. It literally sickens me that people like barjon either can't or won't see through the bullsh1t.

Last edited:
This is all getting pretty heated, as it often does when a new vendor blatantly tries to get in under the radar masquerading as a private investor. Shame on you Nick. Pack it in.

Wider perspective - I think it's a hopeless ambition that T2W should become an industry or advertising regulator. In any case, many of the vendors on the site are offering a service - we may think these are vastly over-hyped and over-priced but if it's a product the gullible customer wishes to buy, fine by me. Does the site provide a guide to members, especially newbies, on the sort of credentials, references, account records etc. that a potential customer should look out for in taking up an advertised service?

Does the site provide a guide to members, especially newbies, on the sort of credentials, references, account records etc. that a potential customer should look out for in taking up an advertised service?

No it doesnt and on many occasions it has deleted guidance given by members on advertised services. In this case nobody has actually said the service provided is good or bad, merely that the tactics employed have been somewhat underhand and that the details provided have not checked out with official sources.

Companies should pay for advertising and stop trying to pull a fast one with this viral marketing nonsense. More often that not when a company attempts to advertise here for free it backfires, that's just bad luck.

NickElliott said:
My name is Nick Elliott, my skype address is nick.elliott13 if you want to see me in person. I work with Sotos at Tradenet but I am not the marketing manager nor am I involved with the marketing here.

Did I miss something? I found this:

Attachments

• NickElliot.GIF
    NickElliot.GIF
    69.3 KB · Views: 822
Sadly - no-one at T2W really cares about this - either that or they are just naive. It literally sickens me that people like barjon either can't or won't see through the bullsh1t.

Now just hang on a minute, toastie.

Let's just review what we've got here:

1. The OP starts a journal to record his purported learning journey.

2. In his opening post he sets out his objectives and it links to a separate blog.

3. That blog is very professional, but has some interesting content and is relatively harmless since it carries no advertising. Nonetheless the OP is warned against putting that link in posts.

4. It does, however, carry the statement "My name is Nick Elliott. I started working for an organisation called Tradenet who teach people to trade on the US markets. I’ve been here for 2 months now and I thought I’d better get involved and actually see if what they are teaching is actually 1: Achievable and 2: A genuine way to make..."

5. Thus, there is the suspicion that the whole exercise is a device to puff the services of Tradenet. Whilst that may well be the case there has been no advertising of those services and as I said before we tolerate vendors as long as their posts are informative and useful to members (in relation to trading) and as long as they do not advertise their services. Nonetheless the OP has been required to register as a vendor in order that members know there is background commercial interest.

6. So, as yet, there has been no significant breach of our guidelines.

7. There are many useful and informative posts on T2W made by vendors and I dare say most of them have the interests of the vendors' commercial interest in the background.

So why not just let the OP get on with it and see what he contributes. Again, as I said before, if it turns out merely to be puffing a commercial service then it won't last long.

cheers

jon

Like I said before these guys take us all for fools, unfortunately for them more and more people are starting to check up on them and do some background checks. This is a classic example.

Now just hang on a minute, toastie.

Let's just review what we've got here:

1. The OP starts a journal to record his purported learning journey.

2. In his opening post he sets out his objectives and it links to a separate blog.

3. That blog is very professional, but has some interesting content and is relatively harmless since it carries no advertising. Nonetheless the OP is warned against putting that link in posts.

4. It does, however, carry the statement "My name is Nick Elliott. I started working for an organisation called Tradenet who teach people to trade on the US markets. I’ve been here for 2 months now and I thought I’d better get involved and actually see if what they are teaching is actually 1: Achievable and 2: A genuine way to make..."

5. Thus, there is the suspicion that the whole exercise is a device to puff the services of Tradenet. Whilst that may well be the case there has been no advertising of those services and as I said before we tolerate vendors as long as their posts are informative and useful to members (in relation to trading) and as long as they do not advertise their services. Nonetheless the OP has been required to register as a vendor in order that members know there is background commercial interest.

6. So, as yet, there has been no significant breach of our guidelines.

7. There are many useful and informative posts on T2W made by vendors and I dare say most of them have the interests of the vendors' commercial interest in the background.

So why not just let the OP get on with it and see what he contributes. Again, as I said before, if it turns out merely to be puffing a commercial service then it won't last long.

cheers

jon

Like I say Jon - the blog IS an advert.

I bet you drink Evian.

You might want to put view a bottle in the mirror before you buy the next case.

LMAO !!!!

97664d1292066285-lets-play-us-markets-nickelliot.gif

Move along - nothing to see here...

Just a senior sales exec at a scam firm with his blog set up by their Head of Online Marketing.

All will be above board, I'm sure.

As Jon says - other than being dishonest, they have done nothing wrong...

Last edited:
............As Jon says - other than being dishonest, they have done nothing wrong...

Blimey, toastie, you are a purist :)

The boards would look pretty bare if everyone with some kind of background commercial interest (vendor or not) and anyone who told a porkie were excluded. Might be only you left :)

jon

Good point. Well made.

I reckon I'd be first out the door....

At least you don't ban us who decide to critique these fellas

Does the site provide a guide to members, especially newbies, on the sort of credentials, references, account records etc. that a potential customer should look out for in taking up an advertised service?
Hi Tom,
This is a work in progress.

At the moment, there is a note about vendors in the Essentials Of First Steps Sticky (see 'Trading Vendors' at the foot of post #2). There are sections entitled 'Scams' and 'How To Avoid the Rogues & Find the Pros' respectively in the FAQ Can you Recommend a (Forex) Alert Service? (See post #2 - the 'Long Answer'.) The main FAQ which will address the whole issue head on as it were and entitled 'Can you Recommend a Trading Course, Coach or Mentor?' is still being written (by me). When it's complete and I've posted it - I'm confident that T2W will be able to answer your question with a resounding 'yes'!

As always, ideas about what the FAQ should include and any links to sites that help with background checks etc. are very welcome.
Tim.

As always, ideas about what the FAQ should include and any links to sites that help with background checks etc. are very welcome.
Tim.

1. http://whois.domaintools.com/
2. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/c404903ff1a744e33ec1b9fb0dc24035/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo for UK companies
3. Google street view
4. http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html for US companies
5. http://www.pacer.gov/ for US Court cases including bankruptcy (subscription required, I have one if anyone needs to get something)
6. https://www.ebundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/wexsservlet?nosession=true&page.navid=to_search_start&=eb for German companies
7. http://www.finra.org/Investors/ToolsCalculators/BrokerCheck/
8. Common sense, actually that should be first, it would probably catch 90% of scams.

...and any advert that contains any combination of the following words or phrases is immediately declared a scam without further investigation.

Forex, millionaire, secrets, 12,000 pips, just 10 minutes a day, free EA, Vince, Secker, free forex seminar, I'm a hedge fund manager,

Likewise any with photos of Ferraris, yachts in Monaco or this guy dont need any more work.

Attachments

• get rich quick.jpg
    get rich quick.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 217
I think it would simply be best if we all let the OP at least start his thread as he intended to. If at any time, there is evidence of suspicious activity, I am sure the mods will act swiftly in banning him.

The very nature of his journal allows us to see whether his intentions on T2W are pure, or simply a cover for a marketing scam. In the case of the latter, I am sure the mods will act swiftly in removing him.

To the OP: the reason why you are observing such hostility is because there's nothing more honest members of T2W hate more than a failed trader trying to scam newbies in a brand new, get-rich-quick scheme. If that is your hidden motive, then don't bother wasting your time posting here.

However, if you sincerely wish to learn and add some much-needed value to T2W, then welcome.