Let's trade, recipes ! Food fit for trading champions.

Crap Buddist

o.k. Ive gone a bit bird with this one, but what can I say, this thread is for the worlds traders to trade recipes. Minor rules (you may bend them) the recipe is something you have created, not ripped off from a book .. with this being an international global community I'm hoping for a good exchange of cultural quisine to get my juices flowing.

A taster i'll kick off with.... simple this one.... heres the scene its NFP 10.30 am uk (although its great to eat anytime,day or night) your waiting and your hank marvin, what to eat ? try this....

CB's Open cheese club.

get a small saucepan of water on to boil.

Toast some bread , rub some garlic onto one side(optional), drizzle of olive oil on top(optional), sit some of your favourate cheese on top.

Fresh herbs, chives and some mixed herbs on top of cheese, fresh herbs work best, but if using dried take it easy. place under grill to melt the cheese slwoly.

while thats happening do 1 & 2 below

1) per slice of toast allow 2 rashers of bacon, fry that, couple of mins, dont hang about. Timing is everything :)

2) back to that boiling water, add some vinegar, swirl around the water so its swirling agressively, crack open an egg (allow one egg per toast) and fire it in the centre of the swirl, turn the heat on the pan low, low,low, thats right your poaching an egg.... ! 2/3 mins its done,turn the heat off.

Ok cheese is melted , fresh herbs are banging out fragrance, sit that bacon on top, now remove your poached egg and place that on top of the bacon.

Season with salt and black pepper on top of the egg.

Now get your laughing gear round that.

I tell ya, its a great tasty little number, the fresh herbs sing a song in this dish, the background symphony that directs all the other flavours. Masterpiece.

Enjoy.

Ok here is my current favourite food - very cheap also!
Raw oats with cold milk, stir in a splash of maple syrup.......uhmmmm!:D

Very natural food, potentially fully organic, filling, tasty and heatlhy too.

Since i've been going to the gym a few times per week, i thought this time, i'd get some whey protein to help me maximise muscle growth and recovery time. £33 from aviform/muscleform.co.uk, for a 3kg bucket full!! containing 82% whey protein concentrate powder.
I've been having 2-3 servings per day, and quite like this unflavoured, unsweetened stuff with a 50/50 mix of cold milk/water. It tastes a bit like boiled cauliflower in butter!
Although It's helped me become a bit leaner, my muscles don't seem to have grown much!!
Was a bit concerned about taking such a powdery subtance, but all the research i did on whey protein makes it sound good for you so....

Since i've been going to the gym a few times per week, i thought this time, i'd get some whey protein to help me maximise muscle growth and recovery time. £33 from aviform/muscleform.co.uk, for a 3kg bucket full!! containing 82% whey protein concentrate powder.
I've been having 2-3 servings per day, and quite like this unflavoured, unsweetened stuff with a 50/50 mix of cold milk/water. It tastes a bit like boiled cauliflower in butter!
Although It's helped me become a bit leaner, my muscles don't seem to have grown much!!
Was a bit concerned about taking such a powdery subtance, but all the research i did on whey protein makes it sound good for you so....

ok, since you want protein, here you go, house special...such that you dont torture your palate with that S**T
edit: on top of it, it will be good for you in terms of the oils your body really needs.....as mediterranean as they come (i.e. no english food :cheesy: )

3 cans of sardines in olive oil
5 anchovies
1 can of olives (pitted)
2 spoonfuls of olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed

a) heat oil (low heat) place garlic and anchovies.
b) when anchovies dissolved, place olives. mix for 5 minutes
c) place sardines, mix for 2 minutes
d) add 1/5 of a cup of water and cover, let simmer for about 20 mins.

result:
1) ideal stuffing for a piquillo pepper (special spanish red pepper)
2) ideal for tapas
3) perfect filling for sandwich

j

Last edited:
here's something sweet and sour to start the day

muesli with live goats milk yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey to sweeten

ok, since you want protein, here you go, house special...such that you dont torture your palate with that S**T
edit: on top of it, it will be good for you in terms of the oils your body really needs.....as mediterranean as they come (i.e. no english food :cheesy: )

5 anchovies
1 can of olives (pitted)
2 spoonfuls of olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed

result:
2) ideal for tapas

j

That does sound awfully good jac :D healthy too. Now all i need is a nice young Mexican girl to come and make it for me :cheesy: .

Oats are good....

Ok here is my current favourite food - very cheap also!
Raw oats with cold milk, stir in a splash of maple syrup.......uhmmmm!:D

Very natural food, potentially fully organic, filling, tasty and heatlhy too.

Hi JT, love the oats too, cant get enough oats at the mo, in fact havent had me oats in ages... what I'm looking for is bulk, I used to live near an Asda supermarket, but bugger me none around here for 100 miles or so, they used to do the value oats, big fat buggers, just raw oats, I used to buy bags of them.. since moving though, cant find any, tesco's ? nope, somerfields nope...

Im gonna look into seeing if a sack of horse oats, is fit for human consumption, if they aint thats fine , i'll eat those... :LOL:

Looking on the net for 20 kilo sack.... if you come across any let us know mate.

Those jordans crunchy boxed versions with dried whatnots in em are not what I need to get. Just oats, aint they sweet with just milk ?

Power food they are...... good too....

Lets cook......

Cheers for that recipe Jacinto, I'll be trying it...

O.k. heres a very quick, bloody good bread, round flat bread, super soft and probably great with anything, we make em for curries, chile, spag bol etc...

easy as easy and just fab....

4 heaped tablespoons plain flour, 5 will be o.k. :) add a small pot of natural yoghurt, mix, add maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons of warm water to make a soft dough, not sticky so steady as she goes with the water. Bit of salt if you want, or not if you dont.

How fast was that ? flour a board, work surface, seperate into 4-6 balls shape (roll em out, squash flat), into rounds or nan stylie.

OK< got a cast iron griddle, heat it up, (orr heavey fry pan or chuck them on the BBQ)

1 min or 2 each side their done.....

now you want garlic breads, superb.... mix some garlic into to some softened butter, spread on top of cooked(coriander ,fresh? chuck it on now) breads finish under hot grill 30 seconds or so until golden. You can pre cook the breads a couple hours before, and add the garlic butter and grill later, just before required.. poetry.

WOW.... these babies deliver, so quick, the yoghurt softens the mix and gives a soft bubbly finish. Amazing for filling, dipping, I really rate these simple breads.. I really rate these simple breads..... etc.

If people realise how quick, easy and delicious these breads are , you'll never likely buy the shop ones again.......

Don't knock Scottish haute cuisine jacinto :cheesy:

Thanks for all these recipes by the way. Keep 'em coming.

1 brown banana (non EU standard) , 2 slices seeded batch bread...insert banana and hit with something heavy whilst holding down crusty edges.... tastes lovely and keeps United Utilities busy

These guys seem to do organic oats in 25kg sacks ... I don't know the difference between porridge and jumbo ones though. Seems to be a £5 price difference. Or go for the cheaper oatmeal and make slow-cooked porridge overnight in a low oven.

http://www.realfoods.co.uk/pdfs/commodity.pdf

cheers frugi, i'll have a good look, porridge oats tend to be finer powdery, whole oats tend to be be clusters of goodness that form , bind together in decent hard crunchy lumps...

ta.

Don't knock Scottish haute cuisine jacinto :cheesy:

Thanks for all these recipes by the way. Keep 'em coming.

not knocking on it at all :eek: ...... never though it could be considered cuisine :cheesy:

OK, now that its barbecue season,

Gourmette burgers :cool:
a) 500 grams minced beef
b) 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves (chopped), 1 pack of bacon (i.e. 8 rashers) (cut in small pieces with scissors)
c) 2 spoonfulls olive oil
d) 2 spoonfulls parsley
e)2 eggs

1) heat oil and crushed garlic at low heat, meanwhile slice onion very thin and then chop and place on pot for 5 mins
2) add parsley and cut (chopped) bacon and let cook for about 15 mins....till it is cooked. remove from heat and let cool down
3) place mince in container, add bacon and onion cooked mix, and add the 2 eggs. mix with your hands (very thoroughly).
4) shape your burgers and grill :D

lovely lovely lovely burgers. best you can get :cool:

5 anchovies
1 can of olives (pitted)
2 spoonfuls of olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed

result:
2) ideal for tapas

j

Lovely oily fish. They say omega 3 is really good for us. However, i'd imagine that if there is one place that all the c**p out of the ocean is going to end up anywhere in a fish, it has got to be the liver, surely :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

here's something sweet and sour to start the day

muesli with live goats milk yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey to sweeten

Hi Fib

since i discovered the virtues of fresh/raw oats, i also do the following -

Previously if having muesli, i would have had a full bowl of alpen. Now i have 1/3 muesli/alpen, and fill the rest of the bowl with uncooked oats, and mix it all together with the milk. It tastes better IMO, as its less rich than pure muesli.