Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi F

Just a quick LR question on GU

at 15.04 price crossed the 3 LRs and fell back then again at 15.15 but this was a successful outcome.

when stalking the trade what stopped you from taking the 15.05 crossing and waiting,

Thanks

Chalky

Although my 3 quick white Lrs are key for scalping - the longer red / yellow and green give a price structure that might not always agree with PA

In this case the whites were still above the red and yellow - saying stay with it

Will not always be correct - but anything over 70 -75% accuracy and I am very happy :)

Hope that helps

Regards

F

F,

What setting do you have your oscillator for spotting divergence?

cheers

I have been using a RSI on a super quick 2 setting - but now can see the oscillation with the LRs on the tick and one minute using PA to tell me when a 4 -7 pip move in one go needs a pullback

Overtime you get to feel the move within the PA at the moment of time and volume

I promise you - it does come over time - Major Magnum needed 7 months to get the feel etc - hes now back off holiday and so hopefully joining us again soon

Regards

F

ahh. what's happened to the summer outside, mental note to buy a place abroad to trade from. lol

still waiting on the london close completion move, will give it till 5pm now, an extra hour.

Hi SD

Still got it as a buy above 80 /81 - but needs back over 92 and 94 as you know

Yes its been spotting of rain in midlands this afternoon - but got a sailing holiday in a a week or so in Med - so keeping my finger crossed for more sun down there ;-)

4 30 pm

All down to snail pace atm

Above 137 01 /2 is a scalp buy on EJ - confirmed above 08

If we carry on falling under 137 00 forget it for now

i get the feeling once this 97 prints, GU is going to fall like a sack of s***

This will be interesting now

i can understand how you see it from the institutional point - but for me now - above that 80 /81 - I am seeing 6700+ - purely based on my price structure and dynamic supports from 75 /80 and 83/4

Could be totally wrong - and really i have finished now for day - but I would only be selling with confidence under 75 and maybe 68

The MM's have done an excellent job of making the GU difficult to trade this afternoon - but nowadays I suppose you expect that more

Thank you for your input and comments - enjoyed them today

Good Trading to you

Regards

F

F,

Did you trade the EA today?

No - I had not liked the PA prior to after 9 00 am - and then seemed to forget it - but had a couple of trades on the AU

It is one of my 3 favourites for intraday trading - and now when I look at the chart - am kicking myself that I did not get some sell pips after 3 00 pm as it fell over 30 pips

Shame as concentrated on the EU /EJ and GU and forget to get a 30% sell stake on it
to leave with the stop in a bit of profit - any time after 3 00 pm or 3 30 pm would have been ideal - ;-((

Must check it more tomorrow ;-)

Regards

F

No - I had not liked the PA prior to after 9 00 am - and then seemed to forget it - but had a couple of trades on the AU

It is one of my 3 favourites for intraday trading - and now when I look at the chart - am kicking myself that I did not get some sell pips after 3 00 pm as it fell over 30 pips

Shame as concentrated on the EU /EJ and GU and forget to get a 30% sell stake on it
to leave with the stop in a bit of profit - any time after 3 00 pm or 3 30 pm would have been ideal - ;-((

Must check it more tomorrow ;-)

Regards

F

Thanks for today F,

I think i need to scale back on how many charts I'm trying to view at the moment. Got 6 plus open hoping I don't miss anything but i'm missing stuff flicking between them. Just going to have 4 pair max to concentrate on tomo.

JR

Thanks for today F,

I think i need to scale back on how many charts I'm trying to view at the moment. Got 6 plus open hoping I don't miss anything but i'm missing stuff flicking between them. Just going to have 4 pair max to concentrate on tomo.

JR

For years I kept to under 3 pairs - but then realised that some days - some pairs have more probabilities and movements - all based on news and their price levels

So nowadays - I try and cover 6 plus - but major on 2 to 4 - that can be different some days.

EJ and GU seem to always be on my radar - EU - all depends on what's happening - AU and EA normally together - and then CAD / Swissy / UJ / GJ etc occasionally.

I suppose it all down what works best for you - but with me being keen to try and leave a few 30% trades on with stops in profit - I ideally need to get them on my none scalping pairs.

When my daily targets were 25 and 30 pips - even just one pair can easily get your your numbers - but nowadays for a DT of 50+ - you do need to take advantage of finding the best moving pairs with the high probabilities for that session

Its always a case of walk before you run - and "test and try" - to see how you get on best

I hope your weeks been OK and lets hope tomorrow is good for us again

Regards

F

This will be interesting now

i can understand how you see it from the institutional point - but for me now - above that 80 /81 - I am seeing 6700+ - purely based on my price structure and dynamic supports from 75 /80 and 83/4

Could be totally wrong - and really i have finished now for day - but I would only be selling with confidence under 75 and maybe 68

The MM's have done an excellent job of making the GU difficult to trade this afternoon - but nowadays I suppose you expect that more

Thank you for your input and comments - enjoyed them today

Good Trading to you

Regards

F

well looks like the 97 print is taking longer. I think the reason is that some of the larger players booked profits earlier in the afternoon, there was def some chunky selling in there. This meant that the ones left have more wood to chop although if you cant move the market in August when can you move it? lol

i expect to see todays low tested before the week is out F. today was largely a case of chasing out weak shorts.

Hi Forexmospherian,

I'm a new joiner to this forum. Have been trading on/off since last 3 years without much success. Currently stopped trading live account and plan to learn the discipline and build a strategy before I go in back again. On holiday at the moment and been reading books :)... will be following your thread with interest.

Cheerio!

Hi Forexmospherian,

I'm a new joiner to this forum. Have been trading on/off since last 3 years without much success. Currently stopped trading live account and plan to learn the discipline and build a strategy before I go in back again. On holiday at the moment and been reading books :)... will be following your thread with interest.

Cheerio!

Morning Trader_ 2010

Welcome to the T2W Forum and if you have a some FX experience above a year or so then you are welcome to follow the thread and take part etc.

Dont worry if you have never scalped but as long as you know all the basics and you are prepared to stay with a demo for a few months - I can then get you on the right road.

As you know its not easy or even simple and one other trader ( Major Magnum ) I have helped out here with my method had over 2 yrs of experience behind him - but then has taken another 7 -8 months to be proficient with my method and make money consistently on a live account.

Enjoy your holiday - I am away again before the end of August - but hope to see you sometime in the near future

All the best

Regards

F

Friday 15th August 2014 - Pre Opens

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders

Last day of another fairly slow week and hope to make it another good one

Normal stuff - will do a quick review and update on main pairs I plan to trade today - from the Opens to approx 5 -6 00 pm later on today

I will be mainly using a 1 min LR chart and taking somewhere between 10 and 20 trades with targets of 7 -25+ pips using stops of approx 5 pips ( min 3 - max 7 ).

If I cannot get above 7+ pips - I will take what I can get - rather than wait for my stop to be hit - and if the trade as possibilities to be more than a scalp I will leave 30% of stake on with stop in small profit and then forget .

All FX Intraday questions and queries welcome - and refresh the page every 30 seconds in busy times to see all the comments etc

Have a good day

Regards

F

F

Last edited:
6 57 am

EU

Price at 3366 - and current range 3350 to 3405 .

Under 3358 and 50 would favour more scalp sells to test supports from 3336 / 40 and above 75 and 85 favours more scalp buys to test the 3400 area again

Presently a scalp buy above 65 but needs above 72 to hold it on for higher

GU

Price at 6694 with current range approx 6658/60 to 6697 - tight approx less than 40 pips

Been a scalp buy last 90 mins plus but we need to breach above 98 and 6703 to hold the scalp buy on longer

Under 6691 and 89 back to scalp sells

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.