Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
just waiting for the 97 print then it will drop down prior to the data. taking full profit at 97s, another day at the slaughterhouse....

I noticed your other thread - and would agree - FX trading is a slaughter house - with the weak buyers and sellers getting fried and moves designed to do your head in

I thought it was hard 7 -10 yrs ago - now I think its harder for any new traders who dont get help and think its simple and easy .

Are they in for a shock - but for experienced Intraday traders then you get to visualize the stop hunting and tricks played in advance (y)

Last edited:
News in 6 mins

Dont mind being in GU on 30% stakes - but not planning to take any new scalps until after the dust settles down - that's if there is any ;-)

Well Done Spread Doctor - I got it at a high of 66962 now and still teasing up

Nice trade from the 60's

alas i wasnt long at 60s. that was where i called 'careful short' as I could see what was happening and had been tracking it since the Asia session. I got in at 74s where I had confirmation and didnt have the patience to wait for a pullback, cudda got 66s if i waited after my confirm. anyways i am long from 74s. question now is whether the will be content with 97s, they may push on for the 6728s. London close up usually marks the end of the move so we may have a bit more to go. ;)

alas i wasnt long at 60s. that was where i called 'careful short' as I could see what was happening and had been tracking it since the Asia session. I got in at 74s where I had confirmation and didnt have the patience to wait for a pullback, cudda got 66s if i waited after my confirm. anyways i am long from 74s. question now is whether the will be content with 97s, they may push on for the 6728s. London close up usually marks the end of the move so we may have a bit more to go. ;)

I have like an up channel now with next high possible 6703/5 - if we stay above 86/7

Under 82 and 80 now would be scalp selling knowing i then need to see 70 let go and either a HL at 60 /65 or a try under 58

Could see 6725+ if we breach above 6706 and 10 ?

Last edited:
EU

Made 3404 and I exited 30% at 3398 - late - but did not take any scalp sell

Would need under 3390 to hold any scalp sells on longer for 80 or 85 support area

I have like an up channel now with next high possible 6703/5 - if we stay above 86/7

Under 82 and 80 now would be scalp selling knowing i then need to see 70 let go and either a HL at 60 /65 or a try under 58

Could see 6725+ if we breach above 6706 and 10 ?

not sure. i dont follow channels and other patterns like that other than I know other traders do so I take note of how people will be positioned by them. The MM/Dealers know all the patterns people trade and the footprint they leave, they are not dumb lol. The people who move the FX markets control the price within the context of longer term fundamentals. so if interest rate differentials et al change they cant fight that. Yday's down move was the meat of the GUs weekly move so I am not expecting much movement today or tomorrow. Pre NY open there was a lot of accumulation around 80s, prior to the data, this suggest to me that they have some stock they need to unload. some wood to chop..lol. with the strong daily down trend i dont want to be left holding long once a stop level is taken out and retracted. so once they take the 97s (which they will lol) if it quickly falls below then I will gtfo. I suspect though they may have accumulated enough to push for the 6728 stops. The longer they hang around where they are now the strong my suspicion gets as the are just collected a bit more retail. highest upside will be 6755 but once the london session is closes prob 4pm the move will def be over. all of this could change if there is a large geo-political but that is unlikely. good luck.

Last edited:
not sure. i dont follow channels and other patterns like that other than I know other traders do so I take note of how people will be positioned by them. The people who move the FX markets control the price within the context of longer term fundamentals. so if interest rate differentials et al change they cant fight that. Yday's down move was the meat of the GUs weekly move so I am not expecting much movement today or tomorrow. Pre NY open there was a lot of accumulation around 80s, prior to the data, this suggest to me that they have some stock they need to unload. some wood to chop..lol. with the strong daily down trend i dont want to be left holding long once a stop level is taken out and retracted. so once they take the 97s (which they will lol) if it quickly falls below then I will gtfo. I suspect though they may have accumulated enough to push for the 6728 stops. The longer they hang around where they are now the strong my suspicion gets as the are just collected a bit more retail. highest upside will be 6755 but once the london session is closes prob 4pm the move will def be over. all of this could change if there is a large geo-political but that is unlikely. good luck.

All makes sense what you are saying

I suppose with me being just a retail trader - and never worked in the commercial / institution side - I am so used to just following price action as close as I can using my price structure and price levels and then micro managing down to scalps that make sense to me

I dont like trades under 5 pips really - even with 3 pip stops - and prefer really 10 -25+ pip moves - but nowadays I look upon it "beggers can't be chosers" and so just take what I can - rather than staying in any loss position.

I can see you fully understand how the market moves etc but may I ask why you dont say multi trade more for even just 10 /15 pips with small stops and just leave part stakes on if you feel the probability is very high for a move over say 40 -70 pips?

You would have maybe trades with higher RR's whilst still having the chance of catching the longer runs etc

Got 89 /90 as another GU scalp buy now - will it try for the 6700 + now ?

Good Luck

2 26pm

Interesting now - got my 30 min rule effecting both EU and GU now - ie now need another 30 mins to make new highs - thats if they do make them ??

All makes sense what you are saying

I suppose with me being just a retail trader - and never worked in the commercial / institution side - I am so used to just following price action as close as I can using my price structure and price levels and then micro managing down to scalps that make sense to me

I dont like trades under 5 pips really - even with 3 pip stops - and prefer really 10 -25+ pip moves - but nowadays I look upon it "beggers can't be chosers" and so just take what I can - rather than staying in any loss position.

I can see you fully understand how the market moves etc but may I ask why you dont say multi trade more for even just 10 /15 pips with small stops and just leave part stakes on if you feel the probability is very high for a move over say 40 -70 pips?

You would have maybe trades with higher RR's whilst still having the chance of catching the longer runs etc

Got 89 /90 as another GU scalp buy now - will it try for the 6700 + now ?

Good Luck

will answer more fully later as you have raised some interesting points. will it go over 6700 now? dont know but very sure it will print 97s before 4pm.

will answer more fully later as you have raised some interesting points. will it go over 6700 now? dont know but very sure it will print 97s before 4pm.

Cheers and thank you

Now under one of my retail clues if an interim high or low is not breached within 30 mins - then it either won't be tried - or it then needs another 30 mins before it tries again.

This tip - is like all clues etc - maybe 60 -70% of the time it works - but at least 30% of the time it does not lol

Having a break for 15 mins but will be around for next hr anyway

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.