Index King In Da' House !

Hello

Hello all

I notice a lot of speculations and difference charting appearing in this thread. My trades are not simple diference trading as there are mathematical factors that also are used. It takes me about half an hour a day to work out profitable differences with all the calculations involved. I don't just get it from a chart ! :?:
Also Index king not understand why everyone try to work it out as I'm here to tell you what to do :eek: . From my past trade postings you should have some confidence in me by now. :cheesy:

As Granny Index used to say 'Unless you believe in a good thing, you'll never find it' Don't forget also that there are people who depend on the Stock market for a living everyday so cannot afford to be wrong too often (me included as 'm paid only £4 per hour to clean :rolleyes: ). This is just one of those methods used by some who rely on it.
Some people think that I'm silly to be Janitor but I clean a lot of the major trading houses as well as Moss Bros and so I get to hear the latest things going on with the markets.

Please to remember also that when I post trades I am doing them as well. I put money down on them. I don't mind 'helping for free' as I deal 4free anyway ! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Anyway hope some of you have sold Dow and Bought Ftse to start the week on. I know Dow is closed on Monday but it doesn't make any difference (pardon the pun) :cheesy:

Have a nice weekend

IK

IK the only reason us guys have been asking about your system is because its so good, you've proven it time and time again :cheesy:

We are all scared incase you fly out to Spain again and leave us wondering " How did he do it" :(

We are happy just to wait for your posts anyway, nobody else would help us poor traders out :cry:

Anyway keep up the good work IK, u got us on the edge of our seats :cheesy: :cheesy:

good to have u back Index King....
You have actually inspired me to give 'difference trading' another bash as a side line to my 'regular' trading.

you may remember my previous post where i told u that i myself used a system which my dad developed trading the differences in the indicies which made me thousands of points in my first year.

Unfortunately, i didn't have any stop-loss rules in place, which u seem to, and after one very bad trade i gave up the system and began to trade 'normally'. i.e not based on diferences.

My only problem now is whether to use my old system(which i BET has some similarities to yours...but don't worry. i wont say anything ;) or to follow your trades :)

we'll see. have a good week

Temp

Thanks esiotrot,

I don't have access to a decent charting package at the moment. Could you try the first chart with MA Envelopes instead of bollingers.

thanks

dbt

Sure dbt - any particular parameters?

I don't use it myself but Metastock can call up different mas and shifts. Also periods and % shift Vertical and horizontal.

Index King
Superb stuff. I have a question. Is this a system which is suitable for spread betting. Or will the SBs less than accurate spread nullify any gains?

mmmm!! not very easy.

This is 20sma with +/-2.5% vertical shift. The only way to get a better fit is to shift the set back 10 periods but that's always the problem with mas.

On reflection I'm not sure charting it helps a lot.

Attachments

• dowftse3.jpg
    dowftse3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 985
IK
Don't get concerned because we are looking at your posts and putting our own interpretation on the trades. You obviously have a great system however you do it!!

One of the best things about this site is that it suits all who trade in many different ways. Personally I'm a basic TA trader (and I mean basic - S/R and trendlines) but you have certainly made me think about a more mathematically based system.

Keep those posts coming!!

BTW you seem to have switched from system using MOC trades i.e. closing ervery day; to one which is always in the market or have I missed the point (again). Also how did you cope with The US markets being closed? When did you put your trades on?

Hello

Just to let you know that all bets should continue. This is due to Ftse not going high enough. Those of you who just did the Ftse (naughty naughty) should exit now and wait for next trade. I still have a Dow sell even though market is closed as well as Ftse Buy.

Esiotrot you are wasting time with silly price channels. Don't you think there are many others doing that. I found price channels produce very weak support and resistance. In fact the shorter the time frame the weaker is the support and resistance.

In reply to Quint the Sb prices sometimes weaken the profit but do not really make much difference in the long run as long as you can get as close to my target differences as possible.
The MOC trades I used to post was the method I got into trouble about when I went to Spain so I cannot post those now.
The US being closed makes no difference to my trades as long as both trades are on. I put my Ftse buy trade on on Friday at 8.58pm and the Dow sell on close around 9.10pm
I must stress that you do both trades at the same time or wait until you can get on both . You have a window of 20 odd points to play with but no more. Please to not try and guess the outcomes however obvious it seems !

I appreciate your confidence in me and will always try to do my best but you must remember this method is not 100%. Its close but a losing trade can turn up. I can minimise any losses but there will still be the occasional loss, please to remember that and stick to my stake plan in an earlier post. This method is long term and gradual which is the only way to make good money spreadbetting. Never 'go for it, S**t or bust. There is no need to because there will always be fresh trading opportunities and you would n't want to miss them just because you stupid one day !

Kind Regards

Index King

Please also not to post bull fighting pictures, I maybe a dodgy Spaniard but I don't agree with bull fighting !!

Thanks for the reply IK
I agree with you about the channels and charting in general with these trades they are of no real use. If you look at the thread you will see I was responding to requests for charts and Metastock can answer these queries very easily.

The reason I asked about timing was that I looked at this over the weekend and on Monday morning I could get on FTSE but not on Dow (with CMC online). There seems little point in putting only one trade on if I follow this system.

Keep the good work going!

Index or spreadbet

Hi,
I live in Oz and we have CMC here now. My question is - Is this system to be used on D4F or are you just trading the actual indices?

Simple question I know, but I cannot seem to work it out from the context of the posts. Plus D4F do not seem to offer the Dow over here anyway.

Thanking you.

Dant,

Look for US30 on Deal4free. Index King seems to use them so it should be OK but be careful if you are not used to trading spread bets on indicies. They tend to move the spread around a bit too much for my liking.

Could someone please tell me where I need to go to get IK's trades. Are they EOD or intraday? What have past results and strike rate been like?

Many thanks

Hello Damian

My trades are based on End Of Day prices. I post the night before the trade, or rather just after closing bell on US.

IK

The difference between the 2 indices has widened to around 5300, i hav'nt seen a difference this large for a very long time! My suggestions would be 2 expect this gap 2 narrow over the next couple of trading days.

I missed IK's 1st tyrade since he come back from holiday, so maybe now would b a good point to enter a trade.

Hello

Just to let you know that the bet of Buy Ftse and Sell Dow is still on. The rise on the Dow should hopefully reinforce my statements about second guessing and/or just doing one index !
As I say these trades will sometimes carry a loss. Please not to forget that the fTSE had a 40 point start on Monday and the futures for it are no doubt up so the loss isn't a disaster (around 65 points by close price values). You should keep the bet on as this loss will come down and make you points so please don't worry !
Trades can last some days not just one or two so also to be patient.

No doubt some are waiting for a losing trade so they can rubbish it. All I ask is that you judge me at the end of the trade and not during it !

Kind Regards

IK

Are you short Dow/Ftse around 5200? I can't keep up with this without reading the whole thread.

IK

Your doing fine and I'm sure no one expects you to make perfect trades all the time. I for one am sticking exactly to what you have advised.

Could you please let us know sometime between close of FT100 and close of Dow what trades we are expected to make when the Dow closes. The reason I ask is that I am using Finspread and they close trading at 9:15pm, so I need to trade sometime between 9:00 and 9:15. If I miss and have to enter your trades at 7:00am when they open, I'm sure the markets would have moved by then.

I apologise for being a pain.

Cheers Snip