Index King's Trading Opportunities

IK in spain for two weeks (as posted by him above), could be back later this week or early next week.

I dont think IK is coming back guys, hes been away for ages!

Since IK started his posts i've been looking into trading differences with my own system, which is working quite well.

If anyone else wants to share ideas lets put our heads together. We are all here 2 make money!!!!

That's a shame. I was on holiday while he was posting his trades and I enjoyed reading this thread. The chart attached is the difference between the FTSE and the Dow. I cant get the dates to appear so I have the number of days on the X axis. The yellow line is a 21 day moving average, if I have calculated it correctly.

Having looked at the chart, I can see a long-term strategy but nothing that compares to IK's system.

Attachments

• dowftsediff.gif
    dowftsediff.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 610
mug2k

Looks like IK has gone for good, so how is your system performing.? IK used to calculate the entry point(difference between 2 indices) on the previous day's close. Do you do something similar.?

Cheers Snip

His system was excellent, if only he gave us guys a few pointers, anyway does anybody else have any ideas????

Trading differences between markets is very profitable as IK has shown us.

e.g The dow is at 9200
The fTSE AT 3990

IK would say the gap is going to narrow

SO do we sell the dow 9200 and buy ftse at 3990

the gap is over 5200, and IK previously said this gap is too big

This would be a profitable trade, i think!! :)

Com'on guys IK is gone for now lets work this out together

Mug2k, IIRC, it was buy FTSE and sell Dow when the difference was greater than 5200.

Also buy Dax and sell Irish 100 when the difference is greater than 1131.

Buy FTSE and sell Irish 100 when the difference is greater than 230. I think there were others too.

In fact, just realised that the figures will be further back on this thread but haven't got time to go through them at the moment, maybe later and then sumarise the rules in a post?

Wonder whatever happened to IK? Interesting system nonetheless even if he was a mild mannered janitor!

eminem

As well as giving us a few pointers to this system, do you Rap as well.. :D

Cheers Snip

This is my first post on this excellent board and I have followed IK's posts with much interest.

Although trading differences (e.g. seasonal spreads, arbitrage, etc.) are well established trading strategies, what intrigued me about IK's trades was the fact that once the predetermined difference materialised and the appropriate opening buy and sell orders were placed, MOC orders were used to close out both legs of the trade within that trading day! Any thoughts on this?

Come back IK - all is forgiven! :LOL:

It seems Index King made enough money to disappear with his dolly bird in spain or was it Italy?