Index King In Da' House !

has anyone noticed the DOW-FTSE difference recently? FTSE has stubbornly failed to keep up with the Dow. The latest trade is ongoing, and is currently over 700pts in the red (according to the method, not sure what the new guy is doing on the website as a new trade hasn't been triggered). difference when trade started (meant to decrease) was about 5300. It's now 6000pts!!! That must be near a record high. Any comments?

Gecko
Check the website
Trade ended at -524 points
Next trade is short from 6031

You can thank Mr Bush for the climb in the Dow (election year), and common sense for the refusal of the Ftse to follow.
Glenn

Glenn, all the new guy seems to have done is closed the trade after 22 days or whatever it was (fair enough), and has arbitrarily re-opened the same trade a few days later. The difference remains very high though

Gecko
He appeared to have a new rule for closing a big loser based on a number of days, although it's not clear what that was/is.
The new trade is a short from 6031, so it's not the same trade. The last one was short from 5379 as I recall.
OK it's a short again, but if that's what his system is suggesting, then that's what he posts.
Glenn

Hi

Glad to see there's still some interest in these trades ,i agree with Gecko the ftse not pulling its wait seems to be way off at times ,the cac on the other hand still looking very good though .

Looks like the Index King's on a roll at the moment ! Anyone doing those specials he's got must be chuffed.. Does anyone know how often these bets become available? I thought it was every other day but seems to be everyday so far this week.

Jane

Latest Trade Dow / CAC

Anyone here doing these trades?

I'm on the Dow/Cac at the moment at a small profit due to the time I got in.

Anyone know if I should be getting out now, not sure of interpretation.

Mute.

Mute- LOL

Any strategy must have an entry and exit point and some sort of disaster stop-loss. You must have these defined- be very careful if u dont have all parts of the equation.

good luck
Al

I gave up on this when I realised how big some of the loses can be. It just doesn't suit me to withstand a large loss in the hope of making a profit in the long term. I am also not convinced that it works well in all markets. It would be interesting to see 10 years worth of results. That would cover bull and bear markets.

Thanks BB,

I seem to remember you and some of the other guys figured out how it works, I should look for your posts & see if I can back test it some more.

I'm out now anyway. Small profit this time, missed out a bit with Finspreads though closing CAC Feb & opening March. Think I can rollover with D4F, maybe try them as I now have a PC which can run their software.

Cheers,

Mute.

I see that Index King is selling the methodology for his Specials and also for something called the FTSE Stealth Trade .

If anyone has bought these I would be interested in their opinions.

lol i discovered the method for his specials a while ago. unless it has changed since i last looked at his site.

from memory, the buy/sell target was the price of the Dow yesterday, plus the days rise in the FTSE.

eg to use an example. dow closed yesterday at 10314

lets say todays FTSE closes down 50 points.

that means that if the Dow closes TONIGHT at less than 10264 we BUY DOW/SELL FTSE.

if FTSE today rises 50 points (phat chance!) then the target for the dow is 10364 (10341+50) . if the DOW closes above that then we SELL DOW/BUY FTSE.

i think that is how it was worked out. he may have employed some filters to make the expenditure seem worthwhile. but really, the drawdowns can be humungous.

not sure what his stealth trade is though. sounds enticing doesnt it lol.

please dont take my words as gospel, you may want to double check that i have the figures correct..

FC

no, in know. and i dont really fancy doing so. :)

im pretty happy with my own trading methods.

i will have a look at his website again and see if i can reverse engineer the rules. they arent that tricky really. apart from the arbitray exit rules.

:)

Hi Jane

Can i ask have you been following these trades if so how are you doing ,i also worked out how they work but i found especially for the daily ones it was very hard to get on at the price specified ,it would be interesting to here your views ,thanks . :)

Mr.Chill as you have worked out the caculations formula,
would you be so kind to share as to how the daily trades are calculated,for the ones as I who would be grateful for your information. Many many thanks Jai.

jai, see my post above, or see any of BigBusiness's posts on the IK theads previously.

with a bit of excel coding the world is ure oyster!!

FC

thanks FC
BUT AS I AM NOT COMPUTER LITERATE EXCEL CODING OR SIMILAR IS OUT OF MY UNDERSTANDING.
I HAVE READ YOUR POST ABOVE BUT AM CONFUSED DUE TO JANE'S COMMENTS ".....YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE BOOK".
I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR KIND CLARIFICATION UPON THE FORMULA USED FOR THE "SPECIAL TRADES" AND AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR TIME AND ANY OTHER KIND PERSON FOR A DEFINITE CLEAR GUIDANCE.
MANY THANKS JAI.

Mr Chill

Yes I bought the book when it first came out. I don't actually trade index pairs as I've found a better pair. I'm not sure why but Richard has advertised the formula on Dow/Ftse Dow/Cac etc when in fact these aren't anywhere near the best to use !
If you want to trade just one index then you should look at either Nikkei/Dow or Hang Seng/ Dow because when the asians are over you can predict the Dow targets without having to worry about losing money in after hours on the asian markets. Also you trade when the conditions have been consistant over 2 days to get the better profits. This has produced 97% winners just by trading the DOW in this way.
The Ftse stealth trade is actually good but the opportunities are around 3 or 4 a month for the really easy ones.
Overall I have profited very well from this book and have no complaints. You get the formula and conditions then apply it to the pairs given as examples or find your own whether they are indices or whatever.
I usually do £3-£5 stakes and have made over £4000 since I bought the book, thats with Ftse stealth and my own choice of trade (Dow/HS)

Hope this helps
Jane