Sticky How can T2W better serve its community?

How about rating threads 5 stars and members given stars like 5 stars , teams could manipulate against a victim and his content?.:)

Someone can make their threads appear better , with a few tricks , like giving negatives to others and positives to their own threads with their own team of posters.

Try it like E T , where forum's own regular team is given 90 % likes , to give their posting credibility in eyes of noobs.

Threads could be rated by recommendation points of the posters ?
Thus members are rated by other posters.

Threads could be rated by recommendation points of the posters ?
Thus members are rated by other posters.

Should be fairly simple to do if deemed desirable - after all the "Like" facility is possibly an attribute of both the Likee and the Thread and in that case would be pretty straight forward to build on. In the end it's for Our Great Leader and Teacher to decide whether the aggravation of coding is outweighed by the benefit.

My own suggestion was aimed specifically at the continuing (and as I'm given to understand) tediously recurrent problem of people who just won't shut up....or leave.

The possibility of seeing how many people have ignored a poster does a couple of things:

Firstly it provides a gauge that would sit between simply ignoring (whilst still having to watch exchanges through quotes) or requesting an outright ban. It has been explained to me that one of the reasons why transgressors don't get speedily banned is because people don't put them on ignore and continue to be drawn into the crap cycle. The line between noise and signal can often be a fine one.

Secondly, the member suffering from Posterrhea would get the ignore stat wherever they post and no matter how many threads they start, which (surprise, surprise) is another problem.

Thirdly, contrarily to what some might think there is not some secret cabal of members that want to ridicule or eliminate reasonable discussion and constructive posts. If one lacks courtesy and repeatedly insults, taunts, posts inflammatory comments, vaunts rehashed but supposedly new ideas or claims extraordinary result stats whilst rubbishing everyone else...well, then IMHO getting "ignored" is the mildest form of sanction. If one has some deep-seated need to be heard by the forum then behave accordingly.

On the other hand if one wants to act the way one wants without consideration of anybody's else's points of view or can't be bothered to do the due diligence of reading thread history before posting uninformed crap then maybe T2W is not the right place to post. Start a blog, put up a website, do Twitter - the alternatives are there.

If someone wants to ignore me, go ahead! Maybe what I post is crap and knowing that I am being ignored and by how many can only help me improve....or get less bad perhaps:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Being too fussy on language and content can make all the posts and forum too bland to be of interest.

Should be fairly simple to do if deemed desirable - after all the "Like" facility is possibly an attribute of both the Likee and the Thread and in that case would be pretty straight forward to build on. In the end it's for Our Great Leader and Teacher to decide whether the aggravation of coding is outweighed by the benefit.

My own suggestion was aimed specifically at the continuing (and as I'm given to understand) tediously recurrent problem of people who just won't shut up....or leave.

The possibility of seeing how many people have ignored a poster does a couple of things:

Firstly it provides a gauge that would sit between simply ignoring whilst still having to watch exchanges through quotes or requesting an outright ban. It has been explained to me that one of the reasons why transgressors don't get speedily banned is because people don't put them on ignore and continue to be drawn into the crap cycle. The line between noise and signal can often be a fine one.

Secondly, the member suffering from Posterrhea would get the ignore stat wherever they post and no matter how many threads they start, which (surprise, surprise) is another problem.

Thirdly, contrarily to what some might think there is not some secret cabal of members that want to ridicule or eliminate reasonable discussion and constructive posts. If one lacks courtesy and repeatedly insults, taunts, posts inflammatory comments, vaunts rehashed but supposedly new ideas or claims extraordinary result stats whilst rubbishing everyone else...well, then IMHO getting "ignored" is the mildest form of sanction. If one has some deep-seated need to be heard by the forum then behave accordingly.

On the other hand if one wants to act the way one wants without consideration of anybody's else's points of view or can't be bothered to do the due diligence of reading thread history before posting uninformed crap then maybe T2W is not the right place to post. Start a blog, put up a website, do Twitter - the alternatives are there.

If someone wants to ignore me, go ahead! Maybe what I post is crap and knowing that I am being ignored and by how many can only help me improve....or get less bad perhaps:)

Or simply invoke the Constitution:

Community Constitution

1.11 Posting on T2W is a privilege not a right. This is a privately owned site and nobody has to pay to be here. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of site resources, or make it a worse place to be, can be stopped at our discretion. We have to prioritise our spend and will not waste valuable resources dealing with things that do not warrant it. For this reason, if you use TOR (the anonymity network) and start any kind of trolling activity you will be banned immediately (since it's highly likely you're a multi-nick, which means you've had all the warnings in a previous incarnation and don't deserve the same chances as others).

I've mentioned it before, but I'd like the ignore function to be more effective. Someone on ignore can still fill half your screen with blank posts. All we need is a short, unobtrusive message at the bottom of the screen to inform us that some posts are missing because you are ignoring one or more members.

I would like to commend the management for funding some prize money for the T2W competition.
Thanks

I've mentioned it before, but I'd like the ignore function to be more effective. Someone on ignore can still fill half your screen with blank posts. All we need is a short, unobtrusive message at the bottom of the screen to inform us that some posts are missing because you are ignoring one or more members.

Seconded! That would be a step in the right direction:)

Good trading is boring , with the 95% club being depressed , the 5% need lulz and entertainment , so poach the dumb psychologists from E T to post here and bring back the lulz merchants.

No more requests.

set up a LIVE chatroom for us traders to make calls and shoot the breeze in RT!:smart:

guys give this suggestion the thunbs up if you want a live chat

Last edited:
To those of you who have posted to this thread in recent days - thank you for your contributions.
(y)

I'll make sure that Sharky and the Mods are aware of your suggestions and, after we have considered them, I - or one of them - will comment here.

In the meantime, please remember that the Mods are thin on the ground which means that with very few exceptions, they are re-active rather than pro-active. So, for the most part, they only respond to reported posts. The good news is that they do look at everything that's reported and will take appropriate action. When reporting a post, it will help the Mods immeasurably if you make it clear why you are reporting it - don't assume it's obvious and that they will view the post the same way as you do. If you're able to to reference the part of the Community Constitution that you think the post breaches - so much the better.
Tim.

Here is an example from yesterday of why the ignore function is lacking IMO. As I mentioned above, I think this function could be greatly improved.

Attachments

• ignore.png
    ignore.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 197
Here is an example from yesterday of why the ignore function is lacking IMO. As I mentioned above, I think this function could be greatly improved.

I don't believe you need that facility , you need discipline "not to visit fl thread " , but you have done it here , by posting and then subsequently visiting a fl thread.:LOL:

I always knew you had a problem.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 176

Mine looks like that too. Put him on ignore after his being fessing up FTSE thread.

I've also unsubscribed - moving back over to Dentists thread where there is less noise (y)

Mine looks like that too. Put him on ignore after his being fessing up FTSE thread.

I've also unsubscribed - moving back over to Dentists thread where there is less noise (y)

I hope he doesn't fk that thread up too. The FTSE thread was getting good again with more ppl contributing. But when these pariahs start vomiting all over the thread nobody wants to post. It's a damn shame...

I hope he doesn't fk that thread up too. The FTSE thread was getting good again with more ppl contributing. But when these pariahs start vomiting all over the thread nobody wants to post. It's a damn shame...

No I don't need to do that , I don't trade ftse , infarct I unsubscribed .

The trading forum model is difficult , it is well known 95% lose , forums need to create long term successful trader models .These should be places where traders can come and learn how to be successful .This is what we should be working for.

There needs to be a healthy business model , where 95 % win and 5% lose , this way forum memberships can have a compounding effect of membership numbers and knowledge.Every year there are more successful traders remaining on the forums and new members recruited , same thing applies to brokers who need new losers to replace existing customers every year.

Maybe you guys can comment on this sensitive subject.