Sticky How can T2W better serve its community?

I hope he doesn't fk that thread up too. The FTSE thread was getting good again with more ppl contributing. But when these pariahs start vomiting all over the thread nobody wants to post. It's a damn shame...

If you guys are truly bothered by this stuff, you're going to have to contact Paul via PM directly. We all have better things to do with our time than spend it reporting post after post after post.

If you guys are truly bothered by this stuff, you're going to have to contact Paul via PM directly. We all have better things to do with our time than spend it reporting post after post after post.

In fairness, Timsk did say he'd make Sharky and the Mods aware of this recent feedback and would comment when they had considered it.

Plus, Paul started this thread in the first place for stuff that truly bothers us, among other things...

The trading forum model is difficult , it is well known 95% lose , forums need to create long term successful trader models .These should be places where traders can come and learn how to be successful .This is what we should be working for.

There needs to be a healthy business model , where 95 % win and 5% lose , this way forum memberships can have a compounding effect of membership numbers and knowledge.Every year there are more successful traders remaining on the forums and new members recruited , same thing applies to brokers who need new losers to replace existing customers every year.

Maybe you guys can comment on this sensitive subject.
fl,
I'm sorry to say that your post demonstrates a complete lack of understanding not only about the purpose and function of T2W but, even more worryingly, about how the markets function. Allow me to put you straight on a few points . . .

I'll start with the financial markets. Whilst T2W hopes that as many of its members as possible are - or become - successful traders, no business model exists that enables us (or anyone else for that matter) to create the 95% win and 5% lose scenario you outline. That's beyond wishful thinking - it's pure fantasy. Not only will it never happen - it can't happen. Markets are structured in a way to ensure that the majority lose: this enable the minority who win to do well.

Now, regarding T2W's 'business model' - it's very simple. Anyone can register and post whatever they like so long as they don't breach the rules set out in the Community Constitution. To facilitate this, revenue is generated by banner advertising. That's pretty much it. Unlike your 95% win and 5% lose fantasy, our mission is both practical, realistic and achievable. Namely, it is to support and unite traders everywhere by providing an environment that enables our members to share their knowledge and to express their views. Additionally, we seek to provide educational and thought provoking content to help better educate them in their trading lives.
Tim.

i don't know fl except his posts here. i like most of the stuff he posts, his prolific vids, commentary about his trading replete with screenshots. Have no idea any of it is true but i like to believe it is :) and interesting in any case. If you don't want to read it, don't. problem solved?

He seems knowledgeable and reasonably intelligent too :D

In fairness, Timsk did say he'd make Sharky and the Mods aware of this recent feedback and would comment when they had considered it.

Plus, Paul started this thread in the first place for stuff that truly bothers us, among other things...

Again, if you're seeking some sort of result, I suggest you contact him directly.

fl,
I'm sorry to say that your post demonstrates a complete lack of understanding not only about the purpose and function of T2W but, even more worryingly, about how the markets function. Allow me to put you straight on a few points . . .

I'll start with the financial markets. Whilst T2W hopes that as many of its members as possible are - or become - successful traders, no business model exists that enables us (or anyone else for that matter) to create the 95% win and 5% lose scenario you outline. That's beyond wishful thinking - it's pure fantasy. Not only will it never happen - it can't happen. Markets are structured in a way to ensure that the majority lose: this enable the minority who win to do well.

Now, regarding T2W's 'business model' - it's very simple. Anyone can register and post whatever they like so long as they don't breach the rules set out in the Community Constitution. To facilitate this, revenue is generated by banner advertising. That's pretty much it. Unlike your 95% win and 5% lose fantasy, our mission is both practical, realistic and achievable. Namely, it is to support and unite traders everywhere by providing an environment that enables our members to share their knowledge and to express their views. Additionally, we seek to provide educational and thought provoking content to help better educate them in their trading lives.
Tim.
yes but 95% of traders do make money on
2D57CDEC00000578-3269939-image-m-45_1444684741107.jpg

Hi dbp,
No, it wasn't missed. Nor was your subsequent post in which you said: "If you guys are truly bothered by this stuff, you're going to have to contact Paul via PM directly. We all have better things to do with our time than spend it reporting post after post after post."

I don't wish to get involved in details regarding forum moderation, not least because I'm not a moderator and it's an established and important principle that the moderating team and staff operate independently of one another. So, what follows is my understanding of how the Mods go about their business. When members report posts, the Mods make a judgement as to whether or not the reason(s) for reporting it are valid. If they are deemed to be valid, they will then take appropriate action which, in some cases, may result in a temporary or permanent ban for the reported member. If you (or other members) have repeatedly reported a member and no (apparent) action has been taken, then it is reasonable to conclude that either you did not make clear why you were reporting the posts or that the Mods did not agree with your objection and the part(s) of the Community Constitution (CC) that you think were breached. It is highly unlikely that the same member is reported multiple times for clear breaches of the CC and nothing is done - so the scenario you outline ought never to arise. As I've made clear, I'm not a Mod and I have no idea how many posts you've reported and, subsequently, what did or didn't happen. If this applies to you, I suggest you take up the issue directly with the Mods themselves - not Paul. He will likely say more or less the same as me.

In the past, some members have taken great delight in posting for 'lulz' and flirting with what is / isn't acceptable on the outer boundaries of the CC. Periodically, the CC is reviewed and changes are made. However, whilst this option remains open, we do not want to create a quasi communist state that clamps down on free speech and targets individuals just because they push the envelope of what is and isn't acceptable to some members.
Tim.

Let me state my case !

I say it clearly now and for ever.I don't have objection to giving out results of profitable strategies , like this

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futures-options/224830-d-t-profitable-weekly-straddle-strategy.html
Why should anyone pay for strategies , if they can get them free?Why should they buy anything else from others?If anyone has a problem with this giving away free secrets , if their business is being affected , if profitable strategies are given for free and as a result your business of selling to the traders suffers , then you should state clearly in your complaint.Then you can clearly say why you want the member banned and state "he is affecting our business by giving free profitable results".

No offence intended.

Hi dbp,
No, it wasn't missed. Nor was your subsequent post in which you said: "If you guys are truly bothered by this stuff, you're going to have to contact Paul via PM directly. We all have better things to do with our time than spend it reporting post after post after post."

I don't wish to get involved in details regarding forum moderation, not least because I'm not a moderator and it's an established and important principle that the moderating team and staff operate independently of one another. So, what follows is my understanding of how the Mods go about their business. When members report posts, the Mods make a judgement as to whether or not the reason(s) for reporting it are valid. If they are deemed to be valid, they will then take appropriate action which, in some cases, may result in a temporary or permanent ban for the reported member. If you (or other members) have repeatedly reported a member and no (apparent) action has been taken, then it is reasonable to conclude that either you did not make clear why you were reporting the posts or that the Mods did not agree with your objection and the part(s) of the Community Constitution (CC) that you think were breached. It is highly unlikely that the same member is reported multiple times for clear breaches of the CC and nothing is done - so the scenario you outline ought never to arise. As I've made clear, I'm not a Mod and I have no idea how many posts you've reported and, subsequently, what did or didn't happen. If this applies to you, I suggest you take up the issue directly with the Mods themselves - not Paul. He will likely say more or less the same as me.

In the past, some members have taken great delight in posting for 'lulz' and flirting with what is / isn't acceptable on the outer boundaries of the CC. Periodically, the CC is reviewed and changes are made. However, whilst this option remains open, we do not want to create a quasi communist state that clamps down on free speech and targets individuals just because they push the envelope of what is and isn't acceptable to some members.
Tim.

Perhaps someone should then clarify the meaning of the part of the Constitution that I quoted. If one isn't expected to follow it, why have it? Adhering to a constitution is not quasi-communistic; it is rather the whole point of having a constitution in the first place. As for taking the issue up with the Mods themselves, I have, but I have many other things to occupy my time and this isn't something that occupies much of it. I'm still a moderator at TL and have been for eight years. This sort of situation is just not that difficult to handle. But it's easier for me to stop posting to content threads -- as others apparently have also chosen to do -- than make a crusade out of it.

what about the chatroom? is management considering or not? and why not?

a live room, live commentary live trades...this is the 21st century right?

a post board is email.

Hi dbp,
Perhaps someone should then clarify the meaning of the part of the Constitution that I quoted. If one isn't expected to follow it, why have it?
It's clear to me. If it's not clear to you, then I suggest you make clear the points you think aren't clear. As for having it and not following it, I can only repeat my suggestion that you take up the issue with the Mods - as it is they who enforce the CC - not me.

Adhering to a constitution is not quasi-communistic; it is rather the whole point of having a constitution in the first place. As for taking the issue up with the Mods themselves, I have, but I have many other things to occupy my time and this isn't something that occupies much of it.
My 'quasi communistic' comment related to altering the CC to accommodate the wishes of some members who happen not to like another member. I wasn't referring to the CC as it currently stands. I apologize if I didn't make this clear in my last post. If, as you say, pursuing this issue with the Mods does not represent a profitable use of your time then, whilst I understand, I'm afraid there's not much I can do. That's your decision; it has nothing to do with me, the Mods or T2W.

I'm still a moderator at TL and have been for eight years. This sort of situation is just not that difficult to handle. But it's easier for me to stop posting to content threads -- as others apparently have also chosen to do -- than make a crusade out of it.
T2W and TL are two completely separate forums and, as such, different issues will arise on each of them. That said, if, in your experience as a Mod on TL, you have input that will enable T2W Mods to perform their function more effectively for the benefit of the whole forum - then I'm sure they will welcome your input.
Tim.

Let me state my case !

I say it clearly now and for ever.I don't have objection to giving out results of profitable strategies , like this

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futures-options/224830-d-t-profitable-weekly-straddle-strategy.html
Why should anyone pay for strategies , if they can get them free?Why should they buy anything else from others?If anyone has a problem with this giving away free secrets , if their business is being affected , if profitable strategies are given for free and as a result your business of selling to the traders suffers , then you should state clearly in your complaint.Then you can clearly say why you want the member banned and state "he is affecting our business by giving free profitable results".

No offence intended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA

Hi dbp,

It's clear to me. If it's not clear to you, then I suggest you make clear the points you think aren't clear.

It is clear to me as well, at least according to how I interpret it. But you apparently interpret it differently as you see no violation of the section I quoted. If there is no violation, and fl's posts are perfectly okay, then there is no cause for anyone to complain about them and the subject can be closed.

My 'quasi communistic' comment related to altering the CC to accommodate the wishes of some members who happen not to like another member.

In this particular instance, the objections have nothing to do with liking or not liking somebody. If you're not familiar with the bases for the objections, I suggest you review the posts that have been made on the subject.

T2W and TL are two completely separate forums and, as such, different issues will arise on each of them. That said, if, in your experience as a Mod on TL, you have input that will enable T2W Mods to perform their function more effectively for the benefit of the whole forum - then I'm sure they will welcome your input.

I'm sure you'll recall when T2W had mods coming out of the woodwork, and that did not work out so well. My point is that this particular problem is easily taken care of, but for some reason it is being treated as a third rail.

But, as you've pointed out repeatedly, you are not a moderator. Therefore you are acting in the role of mother who is pressed to explain to the children why their father is behaving -- or not -- in a certain way. None of this alters the father's behavior, but it can serve to quieten the children. That said, I'm done with this subject.

Hi dbp,
It is clear to me as well, at least according to how I interpret it. But you apparently interpret it differently as you see no violation of the section I quoted. If there is no violation, and fl's posts are perfectly okay, then there is no cause for anyone to complain about them and the subject can be closed.
The key word in your first sentence is 'interpret'. Personally, I don't interpret it as you suggest and, sadly, have to ask you for the second time in little more than a week that if you want to know my thoughts on a subject, rather than speculate (incorrectly) about them, all you have to do is ask. But my thoughts are by the by, the people who decide whether or not fl's posts are okay or not - are of course - the Mods.

In this particular instance, the objections have nothing to do with liking or not liking somebody. If you're not familiar with the bases for the objections, I suggest you review the posts that have been made on the subject.
I'm very familiar with the objections and 'liking someone' in the context of an internet community forum is based primarily around what they post.

I'm sure you'll recall when T2W had mods coming out of the woodwork, and that did not work out so well. My point is that this particular problem is easily taken care of, but for some reason it is being treated as a third rail.
I'm sure I speak for all subscribers to this thread in saying we're all ears. Do please enlighten us with what you perceive to be the problem along with the remedy to solve it.

But, as you've pointed out repeatedly, you are not a moderator. Therefore you are acting in the role of mother who is pressed to explain to the children why their father is behaving -- or not -- in a certain way. None of this alters the father's behavior, but it can serve to quieten the children. That said, I'm done with this subject.
Pretty analogy, sadly incorrect. Firstly, the Mods have not pressed me to explain anything to anyone; they don't operate that way. Secondly, as this thread is a Sticky started by Sharky no less in the 'T2W Feedback & Announcements' forum, it is wholly appropriate that a member of staff should comment on any issue that members care to raise. Thirdly, if you feel you could handle the situation better than the current moderating team are doing, I suggest you PM Sharky with a request to join their ranks to show them how you think the role should be done.
Tim.

A quality site attracts new visitors and retains members .If a site has niche information , it will always keep it's market.There are a lot of good things on t2w .

Which serious trader wants to come and see this or read this useless stuff?It must put off noobs from reading any further , after these distractions.I find this pathetic , when people post garbage like this and ruin quality threads and article discussions, with this type of posting

DEC 24, 2015, 3:16PM-another fantastic necro post-THREAD WAS STARTED BY A LIAR WHO IS ALSO LIVING ON FANTASY ISLAND-READ THE POST FOOL
take that FL
butt-firegif.gif