T2W Community Manager Appointed

That it's trivial to you is not an issue. That it's not to me, shouldn't be one for you either.

Ahh, I get it. You can take issue with just about anything that is posted on here, but others can't.

There are a few things wrong with T2W, but not much that I'd attribute to the owner or those that run it.

UTB

No, read it again. I said that you find it trivial is not an issue i.e. that's up to you.

I then said, that it's not trivial for me (and therefore is an issue for me) should not be an issue for you i.e. you needn't and wouldn't be concerned and therefore, wouldn't have needed to comment upon it. But you have. Twice.

There are a few things wrong with T2W, but not much that I'd attribute to the owner or those that run it.
Well, just how much do you know?

The fact that we've had a largely absentee landlord for years and that his site has benefitted from the seriously hard work of others, and that those who would have liked to have freely assisted in developing the site to an even better standard have been largely hamstrung by the indifference, lack of availability and unwillingness of the owner to make decisions, I would say, are pretty squarely attributable.

Why do you think the founding members of this site (save a couple) no longer post? Why the founding moderators no longer moderate? If personal discretion were not a constraint and an immediate ban were not the result, I would perhaps publicise precisely how this all got started and who really should be given the credit.

No, read it again. I said that you find it trivial is not an issue i.e. that's up to you.

I then said, that it's not trivial for me (and therefore is an issue for me) should not be an issue for you i.e. you needn't and wouldn't be concerned and therefore, wouldn't have needed to comment upon it. But you have. Twice.

I have, twice. Now three. And you'll keep going until I'm bored into submission so I intend this to be my last post on the issue. You seem to have immediately got your knickers in a twist about the appointment of someone before you've even had chance to see what happens. The tone of your posts on this thread, and to be honest most others nowadays, is very argumentative. And as far as exchanging views on a forum is concerned I'm sure that IS an issue for some other people.

If you want to retire then return to the forum for the umpteenth time, complaining at the way it's run, then it does beg the question why you bother. And that's why I comment on it. :p

In answer to your subsequent questions I suspect the original posters have gone from here for the same reasons that they do from most forums. Many will have packed in trading, many will be bored with the same old questions. I'm sure the moderators have gone because they grew tired of being hounded for the way they moderated.

UTB

Last edited:
Ahh, I get it. You can take issue with just about anything that is posted on here, but others can't.

UTB

You are, probably, right about that. The reason is that those who never post are never wrong but those who post most are wrong quite often. But if nobody posted, where would T2W be?

This all about debate and democracy and the reason that Gordon and Sharky are brothers under the skin.

Last edited:
Opposing somebody's appointment because he/she from outside the organization is not sustainable. Every organization (charity/business) regularly appoints from the outside (sometimes deliberately), as well as from the inside. Knowing the history of organization, it's members/costumers in detailed fashion is and should not be the prerequisite prior the appointment. If it was; it would turn to old boys club, and in the long run it would be more detrimental to TW2. Opposing somebody's appointment from the point of view of; she is from the outside therefore not suitable, is not cut it for me I am afraid. (Even the taking an account current difficulty she put herself in)

Ps: Is this job advertised to TW2 members in this site? If it was I didn't see it.

Last edited:
I say good good luck to Sue. She applied for a job having experience on forums - and she got it. Who cares whether she married or not or if she trades. Put bankers in charge of banks look what happens. Put politicians in charge of countries look what happens.

If those that are moaning just gave her a chance I'm sure she'll prove ya all wrong (and no I don't know her). Ok she made a bad mistake reinstating some pervert I accept that.

A lot of you have been on this board a very long time and seem to have grievances that go deep. What I don't understand is why you keep coming back.

And why shouldn't Sharkey make money from advertising? This is a commercial and very large site and will take some financing which he probably funded himself in the early days. Take away the ads and the site goes or you start paying to use.

Good luck with the job Sue - prove them wrong !!!

I have, twice. Now three. And you'll keep going until I'm bored into submission so I intend this to be my last post on the issue. You seem to have immediately got your knickers in a twist about the appointment of someone before you've even had chance to see what happens. The tone of your posts on this thread, and to be honest most others nowadays, is very argumentative. And as far as exchanging views on a forum is concerned I'm sure that IS an issue for some other people.

If you want to retire then return to the forum for the umpteenth time, complaining at the way it's run, then it does beg the question why you bother. And that's why I comment on it. :p

In answer to your subsequent questions I suspect the original posters have gone from here for the same reasons that they do from most forums. Many will have packed in trading, many will be bored with the same old questions. I'm sure the moderators have gone because they grew tired of being hounded for the way they moderated.

UTB
Blades, perhaps you’re the type that feels comfortable just wandering in and out now and again, getting what you want, when you want from the site. Just a conduit for information and nothing more. And that’s fine. No judgement.

But there are some of us that feel somewhat more passionate about the place for all sorts of reasons and I don’t feel we should be made to feel any necessity to apologise for that passion from those that treat this place as an occasional reference utility.

To you and those others who feel this is all about nothing, you will fit quite nicely into the majority that will inevitably tell everyone else to chill, and then expect somebody else to sort out the mess that will have been caused by simply standing by when action was called for.

As that was your last post on this thread I’ll not address the other points you raise as it would be unfair of me to respond knowing of your decision not to participate further.

Opposing somebody's appointment because he/she from outside the organization is not sustainable. Every organization (charity/business) regularly appoints from the outside (sometimes deliberately), as well as from the inside. Knowing the history of organization, it's members/costumers in detailed fashion is and should not be the prerequisite prior the appointment. If it was; it would turn to old boys club, and in the long run it would be more detrimental to TW2. Opposing somebody's appointment from the point of view of; she is from the outside therefore not suitable, is not cut it for me I am afraid.
Now the good bit...

(Even the taking an account current difficulty she put herself in)
Doesn't that rather negate all of what you wrote above and rather underline the points I make?

It's not an issue of appointing from outside - it's an issue of fit for purpose.

I say good good luck to Sue. She applied for a job having experience on forums - and she got it. Who cares whether she married or not or if she trades.
We don’t know what experience she has, or had. And I care to know if her partner, who does trade, is a member of this site so that his views can be given the appropriate bias should he ever post on a subject related to site governance, or should I ever by PM’d by someone asking my personal opinion…

Much the same as I care if a covert vendor starts plugging their own product.

I also care that her bio has been stripped out and retains nothing of the original data. These are not the actions of a ‘community’ leader’.

If those that are moaning just gave her a chance I'm sure she'll prove ya all wrong (and no I don't know her). Ok she made a bad mistake reinstating some pervert I accept that.
Ah, just the odd, minor slip-up, almost on day one too. Confidence with incompetence is a risky mix. It has completely undermined the moderators and set the basis for this discussion which should not have been happening if she were of the quality required for a job of this size.

A lot of you have been on this board a very long time and seem to have grievances that go deep. What I don't understand is why you keep coming back.
It’s called perseverance, fortitude and will.

And why shouldn't Sharkey make money from advertising? This is a commercial and very large site and will take some financing which he probably funded himself in the early days. Take away the ads and the site goes or you start paying to use.
No reason at all. But get the facts on the birth of this site before you start spouting assumptions. You’ve only been here since Nov last year and are unlikely to have the faintest idea what occurred nine years back.

Good luck with the job Sue - prove them wrong !!!
Bit of a sorry battle cry for someone just started, don’t you think?

there are several boards about and they are all pretty much the same?

anyone who starts a board is a market maker. it takes a lot a work. which is why not many do it. even channel 4 and bbc have closed their general news boards down.

without funding its a charity. what kind of business model can a board have except sponsorship of some kind? who would pay for it when anyone can start a free board?

the real useful stuff often happens through invitation private clubs [chatzy skype etc] that form out of the boards?

any goldmine will have 95% waste?

if people are making a ton of cash from the markets and think they can do better why not start their own board as a 'charity'?

Bramble thanks for the reply. I take your comments on board and accept I am relatively new here. Still say give her a chance. At least wait for her to get here and defend herself.

I think people should decide what really their argument is. is it

* they against the appointment of anybody from the outside in principle; no matter who is the person is.( At least you can argue for or against it. I thought this was the case and I argued against it.)

* Or they against the current person's suitability ( In that case; they must know something that, not available to rest of us. Because they were against the person, even before the recent event.)

or is it that; they against it in principle, but they know that, this argument is not winnable ,so they are curve fitting their argument around the day to day events to disguise their real reason for opposing.

I think people should decide what really their argument is.
And I think you should just read the posts again which contain all the issues under discussion rather than trying to construct artificial issues just for the sake of it.

Unfortunately Sue felt she wasn't the right fit for the role; and has therefore stepped down from the CM position. We're currently speaking to a number of other candidates for the position and looking forward to announcing her replacement shortly.

I'm sorry to hear Sue's tenure has been so brief. I hope she finds just the right niche elsewhere very soon.
Richard