Sticky How can T2W better serve its community?

So many people underestimate the force of a community (online or offline), they won't be making that mistake again.
We wouldn't ever make that mistake would we Paul!
:cheesy:

Why do you want to make it private ?

We just need few more people to offer some opinions here right ?

For,me it's the old quote from Kennedy that sums up trade2win at the moment (paraphrased)

Ask not what it2win can do for,you but what you can do for trade2 win

We need a few more traders sharing ideas and strategies.......positive stuff and upbeat.....also perhaps a mentors corner or something .......more,to support the many many newbies on the thread

And to seek to continue the zero tolerance on escalating feuds between members when they arise.....it just doesn't help anyone ......this is a pretty good site for that.......sure a few have been banned recently but in the end if people chose to go they route then it's up to them.....let's focus on the people here and those who,want to be here and help

It's a shame to see so many promising threads disintegrate into slanging matches .....and I for one am not bothering to get involved in those anymore ......not worth the time or effort

N

Why do you want to make it private ?

This is how the slanging matches often start. where its not private its one person's opinion over another. often those opinions are just based on heresay, there is no real concrete knowledge, just someone's opinion. all of a sudden a simple post from somebody has escalated into 3 pages of unnecessary bickering as to who is right, who is wrong.
prove it to me, no you prove it...
then there are those who just want to say something, anything and as many times as possible. all it does is take up space and the thread and initial question goes unanswered

if they were private you can then control this to an extent

We need a few more traders sharing ideas and strategies.......positive stuff and upbeat.....also perhaps a mentors corner or something .......more,to support the many many newbies on the thread

I agree, and goes back to my point above. A newbie wants to ask a question, where does he get an answer from? somebody who doesn't trade that market, somebody who is completely clueless most of the time.
have we helped him/her..nope, we've just increased our own post count.

I would like to see a more "resident expert's corner". A type of thread that has a question, and an answer..nothing in between. only a select handful of those residents can post on that type of thread
if somebody has a question on forex, who would he/she go to..not me and therefore I don't post on them. The main problem is who would be considered an expert. who should have the final word. and i think there needs to be a final word, or else the mods get involved by the time the thread has completely dissolved

we could easily poll on who the experts could be, but they should be pretty clear already

the ability for these "resident experts" to also be able to monitor those sorts of threads, so that the question has an answer and childish bickering is cleaned.
opinions have their merit, they culture debate and thinking
i'd say bar a handful of members on this site, there is no cultural debate, its a playground fight as to whose opinion is right, if you see the irony

just thoughts on my part

I would like to see a more "resident expert's corner". A type of thread that has a question, and an answer..nothing in between. only a select handful of those residents can post on that type of thread
if somebody has a question on forex, who would he/she go to..not me and therefore I don't post on them. The main problem is who would be considered an expert. who should have the final word. and i think there needs to be a final word, or else the mods get involved by the time the thread has completely dissolved

we could easily poll on who the experts could be, but they should be pretty clear already

the ability for these "resident experts" to also be able to monitor those sorts of threads, so that the question has an answer and childish bickering is cleaned.
opinions have their merit, they culture debate and thinking
i'd say bar a handful of members on this site, there is no cultural debate, its a playground fight as to whose opinion is right, if you see the irony

just thoughts on my part

ive been playing on Babypips in last 2 weeks ........they have this kind of experts corner stuff.......no idea who they are but its pretty low level response stuff that really requires some generic knowledge ........pretty objective stuff

sure this could be done - good idea - I assumed that in the beginners areas this kinda stuff was available already ?

if not a good idea ........

for me its about some of the old legendary threads from the old warhorses that were royalty here ..........some worth resurrecting if we have no promising newbies in the ranks ?

N:smart:

I guess it's just an over sight but it would be nice if T2W ( Paul Gould ) paid off it's winner of the T2W S&P 500 quarterly prize. Namely $100 into my Amazon account !

In anticipation.........................

I guess it's just an over sight but it would be nice if T2W ( Paul Gould ) paid off it's winner of the T2W S&P 500 quarterly prize. Namely $100 into my Amazon account !

In anticipation.........................

Possible Postman's done a runner pocketing the voucher :cheesy:

All sorted today Pat494, that little wee technical problem we had on Thurs got in the way :)

Just a thought for T2W. Could be a winner if the best articles were collected together into 1 book ?

Any suggestions for a title Pat?
How about . . . 'Only 89 Copies Left'
:LOL:

The Market for Quacks :idea:

The present paper discusses a market model according to Spiegler (2006) which assumes traders following a boundedly rational decision rule. As a distinctive feature in this model's market a completely useless technique is offered for sale. Nevertheless, the analysis will show that in hands of good traders positive gains are received as a consequence of the traders' bounded rationality. Exemplarily, the analysis is done by discussing a market for n trader systems facing a continuum of market daily news. Each trader earns returns with a probability alpha, no matter which of the systems he has used simply chanced on probability. This paper answers the question why spread-betting companies can exist even though their services lose money as all traders are able to make money.

(y)

Hello, why is the site so slow? Will this improve soon?
Each click on a local link takes about 10 seconds... :cry:

Last edited: