Sticky How can T2W better serve its community?

I don't suppose it bothers you one jot that all the recent unhappiness about the site expressed here and elsewhere is down to you and your constant drivel all over the place. Everyone is really pizzed off with it (and you). Can't you do us all a favour and go elsewhere and leave us with the peaceful T2W we enjoyed before you came on the scene.

Whilst I feel your pain (and share some of it) it seems highly unlikely that any of the culprits are either going to remove themselves or modify their behaviour - constitution/sense/courtesy notwithstanding. Since the rest ofus either have no need to modify our behaviour or could easily do so if not constantly needled then it is for us to remove ourselves.

I quite like Cbrads idea of the shared journal but in the interests of continuity perhaps the thread could be opened by a "new member" who would be a representative of a core group of say half a dozen lifers (or at least folk with a proven positive track record) who would jointly vet applicants and act as a moderating facility. Grass roots democracy at work within a constitutional monarchy:)

So you think it is shocking to ask that posts are reported ? I am not sure where you are coming from but whether you like it or not it is the most efective way of addressing issues as Mods are part time and dont have the time to read all posts and judge whether they are in the spirit if the community constitution or not.

FYI there has also been the exact same accusations levied at you as you are now making to others so if we acted on it you would no longer be a member of T2W.

I reported the post deliberately to make a point. I know I've been doing the same thing and the difference is I can make the distinction. When I'm being an A-hole it's with intent.

You do realise FL is doing the same right? If you think FL is just being him self then I fear you may be giving the benefit of the doubt far too generously.

My apologies Paul, you know I think highly of all the mods and T2W but just don't feel you chaps are getting the picture.

Saying it nicely doesn't seem to drive the point home, as throwing a strop for some reason - does! I'm doing my utmost to raise awareness.

All the best (y)

Last edited:
So you think it is shocking to ask that posts are reported ? I am not sure where you are coming from but whether you like it or not it is the most effective way of addressing issues as Mods are part time and dont have the time to read all posts and judge whether they are in the spirit if the community constitution or not.

FYI there has also been the exact same accusations levied at you as you are now making to others so if we acted on it you would no longer be a member of T2W.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that Atilla has been making 200 posts (or so) a week over the past 15 weeks nor has he initiated 50+ threads during that time. If he has, my apologies.

Whilst I feel your pain (and share some of it) it seems highly unlikely that any of the culprits are either going to remove themselves or modify their behaviour - constitution/sense/courtesy notwithstanding. Since the rest ofus either have no need to modify our behaviour or could easily do so if not constantly needled then it is for us to remove ourselves.

I quite like Cbrads idea of the shared journal but in the interests of continuity perhaps the thread could be opened by a "new member" who would be a representative of a core group of say half a dozen lifers (or at least folk with a proven positive track record) who would jointly vet applicants and act as a moderating facility. Grass roots democracy at work within a constitutional monarchy:)

Isn't this like walking on egg shells to walk around an elephant in the room?

I object, M'Lud ;)

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that Atilla has been making 200 posts (or so) a week over the past 15 weeks nor has he initiated 50+ threads during that time. If he has, my apologies.

You MUST try and keep up DB....

We're now at 63 threads and The End doesn't seem to be anywhere nigh:whistling

Quite right Db and thank you for your insight too, which T2W mods seem to be struggling with because they can't bring them selves to acknowledge collectively it makes a mockery of...

1.03 Don’t post rubbish. This isn’t You Tube, it is a site dedicated to Trading and should be treated as such. There are plenty of places where you can post whatever you like. We don’t want it here unless it is about trading.

It's about balance.

Trader333 is correct and I'm along with many others guilty of many a transgression but I think FL has taken not the just the biscuit but the whole packet, the box and is gunning for the Warehouse.

I think I've said enough. (y)

Isn't this like walking on egg shells to walk around an elephant in the room?

I object, M'Lud ;)

Yep, you're right (mixed metaphors aside) it is... but it's been made pretty clear that there are no resources to undertake any modifications that could address these problems through Database management / coding; If that solution is out and no manual mod action to remove the perpetrator(s) is forthcoming, then if we see ourselves as victims we have no other sensible course of action but to avoid the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue here is that it is "subjective" where as pretty much everything else is quite clear. Either way on something such as this will always take more time and those who have previously seen similar issues in the past will know that in the end they do get resolved.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response.

Understandably (standard inertia etc) new rules and modifications will not happen until critical mass is reached. As it would seem that we are not there yet then the only possibility is to act within the existing rules and constraints.

In the light of your remarks about historical posts and the reporting of previously unreported issues, it would seem that there is just one recourse , which I understand to be:

To report posts and/or behaviour that goes against the letter and/or spirit of the Constitution and Guidelines (and referring back to Timsk' recent post on this thread) and include a reference to the relevant rule/guideline and an explanation of why the post / behaviour constitutes a breach.

If that fails, then as back-up one can put a particular member on Ignore, Ignore the thread or start a journal. The first "Ignore" option sort of works but others' quotes often makes "Ignoring" a waste of time. Ignoring the whole thread doesn't really help at all and is essentially cutting off one's nose to spite one's face....which leaves Option 3: starting a Journal to retain the filtering ability.

I'm aware that some journals have been started to deal with the issues in question and it would seem (in the current environment) that for members who remain unhappy that this is indeed the most practical way forward.

For myself, I now have 3 people on Ignore (as I understand it, the front-runners in the "Most-Unwanted" list) which because of the multiple post problem can sometimes make for an amusing situation where the nearly the whole page is taken up with "Ignored" messages.

As an only intermittently active participant in T2W, I don't feel it's my place to start a Journal to keep noise level down but I would certainly be happy to join such ...if, of course, I were to be accepted:)

This is the only reason ive got the three amigos on ignore, so they cant post in the journal section. Kinda like closing your back gate so the neighbours dogs cant leave you a great steaming pile to wake up too. :sneaky::D

One can put a particular member on Ignore, Ignore the thread or start a journal. The first "Ignore" option sort of works but others' quotes often makes "Ignoring" a waste of time. Ignoring the whole thread doesn't really help at all and is essentially cutting off one's nose to spite one's face....which leaves Option 3: starting a Journal to retain the filtering ability.

For myself, I now have 3 people on Ignore (as I understand it, the front-runners in the "Most-Unwanted" list) which because of the multiple post problem can sometimes make for an amusing situation where the nearly the whole page is taken up with "Ignored" messages.

(y)(y) (y)

This is the only reason ive got the three amigos on ignore, so they cant post in the journal section. Kinda like closing your back gate so the neighbours dogs cant leave you a great steaming pile to wake up too. :sneaky::D

The neighbour's dogs, eh? Foxes and cats in my neck of the asphalt but excrement is excrement and verily, whatever the source, it does indeed stink.

You're in good company in the Journals section. I think though, that I should point out that whilst you are definitely a photo-montage star with a talent for apt images, some of these images can be intrusive. If the shared/common journal idea does fly perhaps you might consider this:)

I'm surprised you've even replied to a stupid remark about rewrite of threads. You for real Trader???

:

I think he understood selective important and useful threads should be restarted rewritten , this is what some of the articles do.

T2w also does not have psychology threads on
Dunning-kruger effect on amateurs
Trading Nirvana (The state of mind of the perfect and successful trader)
Ego
Body condition in trading
Trading psychosis.

Even the thought of not knowing about the above subjects and the thoughts of not knowing all the trading psychology , will make members uncomfortable and uncertain about their own trading.This will also make the writers unpopular , so it is best to give it a break and not write them .No pain no gain for members.

The neighbour's dogs, eh? Foxes and cats in my neck of the asphalt but excrement is excrement and verily, whatever the source, it does indeed stink.

You're in good company in the Journals section. I think though, that I should point out that whilst you are definitely a photo-montage star with a talent for apt images, some of these images can be intrusive. If the shared/common journal idea does fly perhaps you might consider this:)

Thanyou for the constructive feedback (y)
My only defence is that the images are pretty much self governing in tone, no fuel, no fire. Right now theres whole pile o fuel :p

Thanyou for the constructive feedback (y)
My only defence is that the images are pretty much self governing in tone, no fuel, no fire. Right now theres whole pile o fuel :p

I quite understand but however much we protest and use any means we can to challenge behaviour that disturbs us, ultimately we can do sod all about it because we don't have control.

As Trader333 pointed out, it's all subjective and as subjects ourselves ultimately it's not anyone's opinion that is going to change anything. If we engage with the troll /spammer/idiot then we're just encouraging them. Both you and Atilla are doing what is perfectly natural, i.e reacting to what you see as wrong by drawing attention to it as loudly and (in your case) as graphically as you can. The problem there is that this fighting fire with fire and chucking fuel onto it just makes an even bigger fire.

I admit being curious as to the rubbish that's in all those Ignored posts that pollute my screen but each time I un-Ignore to read them, I regret it. However derivative, ridiculous or just annoying these posts may be, NOT knowing what's in them is infinitely better than knowing.

ATM, I don't know whether Los Tres Amigos are vociferously defending their cause or abusing me as they're Ignored. If they have a problem with me and my own opinions then the solution is simple: Ignore me.

Hasta:)

Yes, it is subjective. That's why those who are in charge in any group are expected to make those decisions. If the criteria were objective, the decisions could be made by anyone. To say that a decision can't be made because it's all so subjective is an avoidance mechanism. If the Constitution can't be applied because it's all so subjective, there's no point in having one.

Those who are familiar with online business practices understand the laissez-faire approach, even if it entails protecting trolls. They also understand that trading forums in particular are businesses, that they are private, that there are no guaranteed rights such as free speech. IOW, if one doesn't like any particular forum, he is free to go elsewhere.

The position of the administration has been made clear. For the time being, Forum Losers will not be banned, his posts will not be moderated, threads other than Journal threads will not be self-moderating, the Ignore function will not/cannot be changed. For those who choose to remain, suggestions have been made for accommodating all of this. For those who choose to go elsewhere, they may be missed, but the site will survive. I suggest, therefore, that interested members stop beating this particular dead horse and just let it go. Not everyone can get his own way.

Yes, it is subjective. That's why those who are in charge in any group are expected to make those decisions. If the criteria were objective, the decisions could be made by anyone. To say that a decision can't be made because it's all so subjective is an avoidance mechanism. If the Constitution can't be applied because it's all so subjective, there's no point in having one.

Those who are familiar with online business practices understand the laissez-faire approach, even if it entails protecting trolls. They also understand that trading forums in particular are businesses, that they are private, that there are no guaranteed rights such as free speech. IOW, if one doesn't like any particular forum, he is free to go elsewhere.

The position of the administration has been made clear. For the time being, Forum Losers will not be banned, his posts will not be moderated, threads other than Journal threads will not be self-moderating, the Ignore function will not/cannot be changed. For those who choose to remain, suggestions have been made for accommodating all of this. For those who choose to go elsewhere, they may be missed, but the site will survive. I suggest, therefore, that interested members stop beating this particular dead horse and just let it go. Not everyone can get his own way.

Yes, I have always thought that moderation is about exercising judgement in the interests of the wider membership and the site. That's not too difficult if you have enough moderators to provide a fairly close oversight of what's being posted. It is much more difficult if moderators are thin on the ground and time is limited.

In this case I think that fl's over-posting is significantly irritating to well established members and detrimental to the site.

Last edited:
OTOH, Forum Losers Dow thread is not only the most-viewed thread over the past week but has more than twice as many views as the next-most-viewed thread. That's a lot of clicks. If you were the site owner, what would you do?

OTOH, Forum Losers Dow thread is not only the most-viewed thread over the past week but has more than twice as many views as the next-most-viewed thread. That's a lot of clicks. If you were the site owner, what would you do?

Ok hands up, 1500 of those views where me. Gotto get those laughs when you can get them :D

Let us assume I am adopted by Sharky , I will now post only in that journal , and show the Winners on forums "how it is done".

Btw :Only thing I gain on forums is an escape between profitable trading , good trading is boring and most of the day , I am sitting between trades .There is neither anything anyone on forums can teach me nor anymore for the master to learn.

Let me practice discipline and not post anywhere or anything in any other thread except the journal here, link because you know which one

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ofitable-dow-dax-weekly-100-ticks-profit.html

I remember reading somewhere that most people buy and read the newspapers that put forward similar views to their own, thereby reinforcing those views in his own mind as gospel.
Forums are however a wide church of differing views.

A certain party in the US is a good example of this. Anything that contradicts his view, he views as wrong, fake news etc. Getting outside one's comfort zone can be exiting or annoying depending how you look at it.

Last edited: