Fx 2008

lol.. why?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........running around like a headless chicken, trading on hope, not running my stops properly, overtrading.........pick one (or all!) of those cos I've done 'em all :mad:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........running around like a headless chicken, trading on hope, not running my stops properly, overtrading.........pick one (or all!) of those cos I've done 'em all :mad:

havent we all mate... dont worry, its part of the learning process. If you where really s**t! youd be blaming everything but yourself! When youve calmed down, note where youve gone wrong then try and work out how you can put them right.

havent we all mate... dont worry, its part of the learning process. If you where really s**t! youd be blaming everything but yourself! When youve calmed down, note where youve gone wrong then try and work out how you can put them right.

Cheers matey!

I trade in the direction of the long-term trend. In EUR/USD that is clearly long. I've been throwing money at this market as if my will power will turn it back up. A bit like trying to deflect an aircraft carrier with a rowing boat.........

But then again, I appear to be learning. Almost stuck in a long last night on the basis of the 4h higher swing low, but decided the daily looked ominous and stayed out. And lookie here - saved myself some pips in the process :)

Cheers matey!

I trade in the direction of the long-term trend. In EUR/USD that is clearly long. I've been throwing money at this market as if my will power will turn it back up. A bit like trying to deflect an aircraft carrier with a rowing boat.........

But then again, I appear to be learning. Almost stuck in a long last night on the basis of the 4h higher swing low, but decided the daily looked ominous and stayed out. And lookie here - saved myself some pips in the process :)

You are joking aren't you? Unless your monitor is upside down.
Look at the daily chart of EURUSD
From July 15 high there is only one direction and will probably continue in this vein to 1.4000

So far that is a drop of 1500 pips. How can EURUSD be "clearly long"?

For the last few weeks now this market has been like a sweet shop - just wait for the small rebounds and SELL.

As they say this ain't rocket science.

You are joking aren't you? Unless your monitor is upside down.
Look at the daily chart of EURUSD
From July 15 high there is only one direction and will probably continue in this vein to 1.4000

So far that is a drop of 1500 pips. How can EURUSD be "clearly long"?

For the last few weeks now this market has been like a sweet shop - just wait for the small rebounds and SELL.

As they say this ain't rocket science.

I'm not joking at all. I said long-term trend. The market has only just met the weekly trendline and hasn't made a 52-week low. I'm a position trader. I've not been in the business long, but I've built up positions upwards of 500 pips in that time.

We'll see if it reaches 1.4000

A trend running from 2000 vs. a trend running from July 16th.
Which is long-term?

Maybe you forgot to switch your left-hand monitor on? :p

I'm not joking at all. I said long-term trend. The market has only just met the weekly trendline and hasn't made a 52-week low. I'm a position trader. I've not been in the business long, but I've built up positions upwards of 500 pips in that time.

Which is long-term?

I noticed some of your previous posts and thought you may welcome some suggestions.

Ever heard of King Canute?

I'm actually long already - 1.4772. It hasn't performed well recently, but you got to stick to the plan........

Been eaten up again!! This countertrend move will be the death of me!! :cry:

I reckon we might be rolling over tho....a lower risk entry now being sought.

Being a EUR/USD trader who trades mainly in the direction of the long-term trend has been a bit tough for me of late. It's been a bit painful to talk about my trades, and I've also felt a little ashamed at my recklessness in 'calling' the market. :

I'm SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in 500 pips time.....

up trend started in 1985.

Trying to go long now based on it has been up is suicide. It has only made feeble attempts to go up from July so the short/medium trend is down. and will be until price turns back up again.

When? If?

Dunno. But screw that trying to force it back up!

Anyway you cut it LT E/$ trend is up and it makes sense for swing and position folks to be thinking long in a bull market. Agree tho that you should be waiting for some signs of bending in any pullback before getting stuck in :).

See you in 500 pips time.....
Is that up or down then? :cheesy:. id say thats a pretty 50/50 proposition from where we are now.

IMO the market has made pretty decent attempts at retracements on several days in this downward movement. I did not get in on any of the serious down days, and have simply overtraded - and actually most of that is from looking at the shorter TF's and not stepping backwards out to the longer ones - i.e. not following my own advice/ sticking to my strat (narrower stops on the smaller TF's would have probably made me pretty decent returns, since I caught just about all of the intraday retracements from 1.5600 down). What you may be looking at with my posting on this thread is my ability to be overly criticical of myself. I regret only 1 or 2 of the trades I made, and have pulled out a few decently profitable ones.
I appreciate your comments - still learning the ropes and all. But whatever happens, I've hit my biggest ever drawdown and yet my capital is still intact and still sitting around the break-even level and I'm still alive to learn from the tale. And if it hasn't killed me, it'll only make me stronger (Hopefully). That's what this place is about, isn't it?

So there you have it

Anyway you cut it LT E/$ trend is up and it makes sense for swing and position folks to be thinking long in a bull market. Agree tho that you should be waiting for some signs of bending in any pullback before getting stuck in :).

Is that up or down then? :cheesy:. id say thats a pretty 50/50 proposition from where we are now.

Well you can flip a coin, I staying on the SELL side.

When GOLD gets down to 750 then maybe you bulls will have your chance.

At the moment I can see no reason technically or fundamentally why the current medium term trends do not continue.

Of course on a monthly chart EUR is in an uptrend, but that is of no relevance to a day/swing trader.

Note for newbie traders. It's bloomin obvious but many still go against this simple way of preserving capital.

Seriously many pips could be saved from the less experienced trader if they just traded with the trend.
That means if the trend is up only enter the market as a BUYER. Do not be tempted or suckered into vainly thinking you have pinpointed the big tidal wave of a turning point and start shorting.

Look on a H4 and D1 chart from left to right - is it going up or down? Yes it is that simple.

Last edited:

Which is long-term?

:eek: what!? is that 2000 A.D, or 8pm yesterday?

8 years ago? hell, I get 2 or 3 trend reversals a day. that is seriously long-term.

EDIT: actually, that may explain my recent poor performance.

Note for newbie traders. It's bloomin obvious but many still go against this simple way of preserving capital.

Seriously many pips could be saved from the less experienced trader if they just traded with the trend.
That means if the trend is up only enter the market as a BUYER. Do not be tempted or suckered into vainly thinking you have pinpointed the big tidal wave of a turning point and start shorting.

Look on a H4 and D1 chart from left to right - is it going up or down? Yes it is that simple.

This is actually how I trade and why I've been taking longs only. All of my charts are going up from left to right.

:eek: what!? is that 2000 A.D, or 8pm yesterday?

8 years ago? hell, I get 2 or 3 trend reversals a day. that is seriously long-term.

EDIT: actually, that may explain my recent poor performance.

One Million Years BC methinks

See pic

"Travel back through time and space to the edge of man's beginnings . . . discover a savage world whose only law was lust!"

Attachments

• 2130339546_1fe448cc52_o.jpg
    2130339546_1fe448cc52_o.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 166
This is actually how I trade and why I've been taking longs only. All of my charts are going up from left to right.

Are we talking EURUSD?

H4 chart on screen from 28th July

How can you be long????

By the way has this unusual strategy proven fruitful?

Well you can flip a coin, I staying on the SELL side.

When GOLD gets down to 750 then maybe you bulls will have your chance.

At the moment I can see no reason technically or fundamentally why the current medium term trends do not continue.

Of course on a monthly chart EUR is in an uptrend, but that is of no relevance to a day/swing trader.

Well i never tried coin flipping, but theres always time! :)
Lets stick an alert at 1.5 / 1.4. ive no opinion yet but just for fun ill fade yours.:p

Right trends. monthly up. weekly up. kinda daily sideways depending on periods.(all are on the retrace). 4hr down.

If your a day trader, then fair doos, each to their own and all that. If your trading with days > weeks in mind then its wise to consider overall trend. no? for example. how many 1500 pip runs up have we had for 1500 pip runs down since 2001? Also, theres no crime in standing aside and doing nothing. imo gumpings just been a bit eager, but havent we all at some point..

Are we talking EURUSD?

H4 chart on screen from 28th July

How can you be long????

By the way has this unusual strategy proven fruitful?

You did mention D1 in your post too.........

I DID say long term.

Now I don't mean to cast any aspersions here........ but maybe your definition of 'long' and mine disagree? How many inches of your D1 chart are you looking at? ;)

You did mention D1 in your post too.........

I DID say long term.

Now I don't mean to cast any aspersions here........ but maybe your definition of 'long' and mine disagree? How many inches of your D1 chart are you looking at? ;)

Please read my post again

H4 chart