Fx 2008

The question is......

......how low can we go?!

Attachments

• long way yet.gif
    long way yet.gif
    59.3 KB · Views: 199
Gah missed Cable going into freefall! That'll teach me to have breakfast!

That would've been the easiest 60 pips to catch for a while. Sometimes u gotta laugh.

Tell me you are not long e/u!
I have a teeny short on since last night 14870 and am targetting 14350-14400.
:LOL: I'm not long e/u

I was yesterday, however - it was nicely consolidating, making higher lows. But then again, it didn't actually retrace. Looks like I'm too impatient :(

......how low can we go?!

Not too much lower. I took 120 pips off the retrace today. The Swissy is looking ripe for a turnaround too.

Firstly people are soon gonna realise that printing dollar bills is not going to save the sinking ship that is the US economy.

Secondly it's Lunar eclipse time again, usually heralds a change in proceedings.

Then there's oil, Afganistan and Georgia Bush getting hawkish with the Russkies. Doesn't bode well for the USD IMO.

I'm signing up for Mandarin courses at my local college - may as well be prepared.

Not too much lower. I took 120 pips off the retrace today. The Swissy is looking ripe for a turnaround too.

Firstly people are soon gonna realise that printing dollar bills is not going to save the sinking ship that is the US economy.

Secondly it's Lunar eclipse time again, usually heralds a change in proceedings.

Then there's oil, Afganistan and Georgia Bush getting hawkish with the Russkies. Doesn't bode well for the USD IMO.

I'm signing up for Mandarin courses at my local college - may as well be prepared.

Don't disagree with any of that rols... already a step ahead of you in the mandarin too! ;)

Technically though, if this support doesn't hold, I think we could see lower. Yes the US is in dire straits too but we are not looking peachy and I wouldn't be rushing in just yet.

Attachments

• next.gif
    next.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 189
im getting that (weve just seen the low) type feeling in eur/usd. see how it plays out tmrw, looking to get long soon if it stays sunny side.

im getting that (weve just seen the low) type feeling in eur/usd. see how it plays out tmrw, looking to get long soon if it stays sunny side.

I'm actually long already - 1.4772. It hasn't performed well recently, but you got to stick to the plan........

just had some at 17. stoppin 89.

bad omen for me to post trades but we see.

Been eaten up again!! This countertrend move will be the death of me!! :cry:

I reckon we might be rolling over tho....a lower risk entry now being sought.

The way i see it. LT trend is still up. atm eur/usd is deeply oversold, looks like first possible signs o bending in the daily in the last 4 weeks... I got no choice but to try and buy it. :).
Who knows for sure?... Not me! :p

Looks like ur right, big rebound on usd/jpy so are u long again on e/u?

A bit quiet here, I'll spice things up with two trades:

(1) longed Usd/cad 1.0463
(2) shorted gold 828

stops above/below their respective high/low.

Cad trade exited at BE, gold stop moved to BE.

One of those days!

Last edited:
USD Article

Let's dredge this thread up out of the mire :)

Being a EUR/USD trader who trades mainly in the direction of the long-term trend has been a bit tough for me of late. It's been a bit painful to talk about my trades, and I've also felt a little ashamed at my recklessness in 'calling' the market. But yesterday I banked some pips for the first time in quite a while :) Reckless or no, my capital is still intact and hopefully I'll learn.

But this is an FX thread so enough about that!!

Here's an article about the recent USD bull-run and some suggestions about contributing factors. The suggestions being the the Chinese Central Bank has had a hand in a 'stealth intervention' of sorts:

Beijing swells dollar reserves through stealth - Telegraph

Interesting reading (y)

Being a EUR/USD trader who trades mainly in the direction of the long-term trend has been a bit tough for me of late. It's been a bit painful to talk about my trades, and I've also felt a little ashamed at my recklessness in 'calling' the market. But yesterday I banked some pips for the first time in quite a while :) Reckless or no, my capital is still intact and hopefully I'll learn.

Dont worry mon. Im sure most of us have been guilty of trying to catch falling knifes, i know i have! :p. I think the problems you had were mainly due to trying to buy when the daily was most definately red! To my eyes the daily has only just started to show any signs of green. Something else ive suffered from in the past is getting so beaten up trying to fight the flow that when an opportunity does come im in no position mentally to take advantage. I think we should be seeing some green soon. :) GL