FX-2008: w/c Mar-03rd

Should this weekly FX thread be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trendie

Legendary member
new week, new month.
interesting that my rules work on 1-mins, even though my main rules are based on a 5-min version of a 30-min system.
Although not a scalper, I can see the advantage of being in the market for shorter periods of time.

anyway, last weeks thread had 7 posts and about 200 or so views, so there is a poll as to whether the weekly thread should be replaced by a monthly one, annual one, or scrapped altogether, since there are now FX threads which have a specific focus such as a particular system, etc.

since the departure/reduced postings of DC2000, zupcon, ChowClown and such, its been gathering dust somewhat.

have a good week.

It is interesting, but I zone out when it gets too technical. I don't worry about Fib retracements, trendlines on M1, s/r on M1, pivots. Far too clever for me. One big fat trendline on H4 and a couple of EMAs that dance and entwine like passionate lovers. Who make me money. Filthy buggers.

Anyway, can EUR/USD go any higher?

SHOGUN Cycle Analysis

morning all. notice the long failed 500 and they sold it early europe. Just on first brew here waiting for next cycle, which will be a long, when its along.:) few hours wait by the looks of my SHOGUN setup on this pair.(y) which did signal roll short 5.33 am precisely.

waiting .:|

gone for monthly thread option all neat n tidy with NFP packaged in once a month for added drama all in one place ...

Last edited:
Interesting that prod 9.38 am is what changed the cycle on my charts, was anticipating to wait an hour or two but, lets see if it is an upside thrust continuation from here.

chart of action.

Short didnt last long did it. reversed on that blip up to 470/80 and up.. The BLUE SWORD LINE.

whats also intersting is the BLACK SWORD LINE. thats big daddy daily last flopped down circa 212.00 odd so could be some good longs for a couple days maybe or buy weakness. Cos its up.... (y)

Attachments

• date1.PNG
    date1.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 255
what was that sudden 50-pip spike down on GBPUSD?

the only news was a YELLOW event for GBP, Construction PMI at 9:30am.

or is it stop-running for a move higher? :cheesy:

what was that sudden 50-pip spike down on GBPUSD?

the only news was a YELLOW event for GBP, Construction PMI at 9:30am.

or is it stop-running for a move higher? :cheesy:

dunno was and am short gbpjpy been rolling with it, but the daily flopped to down . So maybe more down pressure on its way. yen strength ?

Well, he must have just recommended whatever coffee he had when he got into the office; EUR/USD hardly moved.

Althoug also on my charts got the daily up from 205.00 interesting skirmish down for up, although the short is flagged 205.40 so how low will it go if it do :)

lets see what happens..

And it was a move like that that prompted The Department of Righteousness to order Rocket Ronnie change his name to Ron.(y)

As the rhythm designed to bounce
What counts is that the rhymes
Designed to fill your mind
Now that you've realized the prides arrived
We got to pump the stuff to make us tough
from the heart
It's a start, a work of art
To revolutionize make a change nothin's strange
People, people we are the same
No we're not the same
Cause we don't know the game
What we need is awareness, we can't get careless