FX-2008: w/c Mar-03rd

Should this weekly FX thread be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is interesting, but I zone out when it gets too technical. I don't worry about Fib retracements, trendlines on M1, s/r on M1, pivots. Far too clever for me. One big fat trendline on H4 and a couple of EMAs that dance and entwine like passionate lovers. Who make me money. Filthy buggers.

Anyway, can EUR/USD go any higher?

Smut! Filth! No place for talk like that on this thread....
Er, on the other hand, which two EMA's do you use?
Bucket of water coming up...

Ta,

Newk

Morning everyone. :)

GBPJPY looks like a cup and handle formation, either that or I'm gagging for a cuppa and seeeing things...!

See if we get a lift for longs here 206.45 see what happens

Smut! Filth! No place for talk like that on this thread....
Er, on the other hand, which two EMA's do you use?
Bucket of water coming up...

Experiment. Find which suits you and on which timeframe.

hmmm pretty mixed but longs GBPJPY around 206.40 at this time I think. Like turbulence, sterling strength v yen strength.

also just seen that John Lipsky on telly from IMF saying the dollar is relatively strong? dont hear that much i suppose it might be against the Iranian Shekel or something... anyhoo... good trading all...(y)

Last edited:
Iranian Sheckle??

I think you got that wrong CB, did you mean 'iranian shekel'?:LOL::LOL:

hmmm pretty mixed but longs GBPJPY around 206.40 at this time I think. Like turbulence, sterling strength v yen strength.

also just seen that John Lipsky on telly from IMF saying the dollar is relatively strong? dont hear that much i suppose it might be against the Iranian Sheckle or something... anyhoo... good trading all...(y)

as a further the Iranian currency is the Rial >... as it happens.
maybe they weak against dollar?

Last edited:
I see a lot of solid support in this area (on the weekly) and although it's broken some recent support on the hourly I certainly wouldn'rt be for shorting it right now. NFP? On recent releases we can expect anything to happen, the $ needs some strength from somewhere I don't suppose the figure could be manipulated?? No, that would never happen????

:) Could be good punt for longs off 205.20 for upside on release of NFP ?

yahh, might not be an accurate but you got 9,300 Rial to the dollar end 2007 dollar is gaining against it. That Lipsky guy was correct. strong dollars ...

I see a lot of solid support in this area (on the weekly) and although it's broken some recent support on the hourly I certainly wouldn'rt be for shorting it right now. NFP? On recent releases we can expect anything to happen, the $ needs some strength from somewhere I don't suppose the figure could be manipulated?? No, that would never happen????

hhmm, if you believe in the market positioning before news ( I do lean to that) then it suggests 205. zone is where they are long from. As for manipulations, I'd like to think people being people will and do exploit it to the max. (y)

see what happens on this one.

hhmm, if you believe in the market positioning before news ( I do lean to that) then it suggests 205. zone is where they are long from. As for manipulations, I'd like to think people being people will and do exploit it to the max. (y)

see what happens on this one.

They have done it again. happens too often for it not to be so... puts a spin on "never position before news release" ?

XPrizeCanadianArrow.jpg

Last edited:
hard at it, and return of the pin heads, I like pin heads(y)

Check out the Pin Heads , Pin Heads -simplification is what they deliever ?(y)

rock on...