Fx 2008

Hey Rols :)

You'll be pleased to know that I bagged some pips this a.m. trading SHORT EUR/USD.

Gap play.

New Kid on the Block here - I'm new to FX and have decided to start off with GBP/USD - account open and playig with my own hard-earned cash - when ebtering a trade - where yo i set my stop loss (20,30, 40, 50 points?) ?

Can anyone make any suggesitons?

Many thanks

New Kid on the Block here - I'm new to FX and have decided to start off with GBP/USD - account open and playig with my own hard-earned cash - when ebtering a trade - where yo i set my stop loss (20,30, 40, 50 points?) ?

Can anyone make any suggesitons?

Many thanks

ATTENTION!

STOP TRADING RighT nOw. U ObvIoUslY HavEN't GoT a CluE What u R dOInG, sO wHy WouLD U, RisK wAStinG yOUr LimiTeD, HaRd EArneD FinanCEs???

PapER Trade, Or TRadE oN a Demo ACoUnt unTiL yOU hAVe a ProfiTabLE Plan anD kNow
wHAt u R dOing!

weird feeling.
100+ pip morning both GBPUSD and EURJPY, yet I still feel empty, as if I am missing out!

am I just greedy, and want every pip?

Hey Rols :)

You'll be pleased to know that I bagged some pips this a.m. trading SHORT EUR/USD.

Gap play.

Good man!

1.4 looking pretty possible now. I'm looking for support at 1.3975.

Then maybe a bounce of great and sustained magnitude.

Can't see the US economy holding out for much longer
Keep an eye on Gold - when that starts its up move you'll know trouble is in store for USD.

Thank you for your promt reply - on the basis that I trade pretend money or my own, where (on a spread bet) would you set your stop loss?

At a point where your trade is wrong based on your pre-defined entry rules/trade set-up.

Thank you for your promt reply - on the basis that I trade pretend money or my own, where (on a spread bet) would you set your stop loss?

i WouLdn'T sEt a StOp lOss. iN fAcT, I wOuldN't bE trAdiNg aT All iF I wEre yOu.

tAke yOuR tiMe, tHe mArkeTs wIll bE thEre 2mOrO, yOur mOney mAy nOt bE If yOu tRaDe wiTh nO plAn. yOu hAve nO plAn!

Appreciate all your feedback - I'm working on my plan and don't expect to become an expert overnight - I'm reading, listening and learning every day - however, studying trends and trying to determine where a market will move isn't for novices.

Can anyone recommend a forum, designed for beginners who are trying to dtermine their trading plan?

Appreciate all your feedback - I'm working on my plan and don't expect to become an expert overnight - I'm reading, listening and learning every day - however, studying trends and trying to determine where a market will move isn't for novices.

Can anyone recommend a forum, designed for beginners who are trying to dtermine their trading plan?

Yes, this forum, your here already.

Check out the beginners questions threads.

By JTrader and myself advising you to not trade is your first most valuable lesson, if you take this advice you will save yourself a huge amount of time, money and of course the ultimate disaster scenario...bad habit forming.

If you are asking where to set stops you have NO plan whatsoever as a plan ALWAYS incorporates stops. Get a plan (this includes stops at a predetermined level) then backtest it, then forward test it in live time (papertrade/demo) then try your hand with the smallest of bets you can lay your hands on.

Or, just say b*llocks to it all and have a punt, most do, but then again, most fail.

Lee

Appreciate your comments - no plans on tipping it b*llocks just yet - I'll now go work on testing and hopefully see you back here in a few months time - again, appreciate your comments.

Bit of a dull morning for me so far :sleep:
On the plus side I am not overtrading....

Anyone having any joy?

good day on EJ for me...so far +250 (150 in the bank, the other 100 up and running :) )

Wow!

Quick spam removal there! Was just about to report it and it was gone!

Anyway, +72 pips from yesterday. EUR/USD basing a little bit on the 4h. Probably due a period of consolidation (Doesn't mean we'll get it tho :) )

Last edited:
EUR/USD looks dead in the water today! Nothing here. Anyone catch a bite?

The dullest day of the week for me so far. Nursing a tiny loss from eurchf.

Nothing good setting up for me.

The old me would have tried to force a trade, the new me is waiting to strike....:sneaky:

Stopped out today.

A certain person I know has suggested that we might have seen the bottom of EUR/USD. He could be wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrong though..........