FTSE 100 - March

Expecting 1,144 to be tested on the S&P. If it doesn't hold, would expect 4,500 to be broken as well.

Short at the moment in expectation

this bounce has changed things for me. Ive closed all longs now and am waiting. Thanks SHell:)

afraid I need to sign off for a while.

a relative on my wife's side of the family has had a serious stroke and duty calls.

may be gone for some time.

------------------------------------------

jonnyy
we have fallen back again,but still well within reach.
this bull hasn't finished yet ?

Well I hope that things get better for your family Bonsai. And look forward to your rerturn. All the Best

Bonsai,

I hope there is a speedy recovery with your relation and your wife copes.

that shell business and teh £ tanking has made a nice mess of my indicators. But cant see us leaving the gap at 4540 alone for long so rechon more upside to come

Bonsai.
I have had similar family problems.The family comes first above every thing else.It's good that you are there for them. All the best .
Jon.

will be on ADVFN PBB most of the day.. Come and join us if you are bored

60 mn chart you might be interested in.

Attachments

• gty4.gif
    gty4.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 395
mornin' hooya

guess you'll be elsewhere while board is quiet ( hope your
relative's recovering ok if you see this bonsai) but if you do pop
in... do any of your many research projects include any volume
analysis?

I have a thread on ADVFN that Im sort of incharge of. A bit like here for Bonsai...if I dont post on it no one else seems to. :)

Hope your trading is going well. I am currently short UKX. But CMC fair value is at 14+ today....thought it might have narrowed a bit but they seem on the money so no complaints here

hooya

ah, it's hell being in charge!!

just picking up the reins after a break so no trading as yet,
although a long's looking tempting at the moment.

trust the coins have been tinkling into your coffers lately - you
didn't comment on volume analysis?

Sorry was that question for me??? Volume I'll be honest isn't one of my tricks up my sleeve so to speak. Mainly because we dont get live volume data for the FTSE. All I know really about using volume is the divergences similar to RSI...if the index makes a new high but the volume is lower than the previous high it might be worth looking for a short etc etc. Also useful to note volume spikes, expecially in Dow 1min charts. If its moving quite quickly and there is a big volume spike it usually kills the move but if the volume spike comes at the beginning of the move its a signal that a strong move has just started.

Made a few pennies but being quite cautious with the stake sizes at the moment.

Last edited: