FTSE 100 Intraday Trading - October

I've been watching other things for the last little while and something is coming to an end.I thought we had another few days but it looks like this is it.We may well have seen a top.

For all you Fib watchers

Taking the move from 4241.7 to 4393.8

38%= 4336
50%= 4318
62%= 4300

Here is another go.

If we assume that move from top 4394 is a correction. Then we should expect an ABC correction.
Wave a: 4394-4326 =67 points
Wave b: 4326-4378=52 points

Using typical Wave c characteristics:
Wave c= .62 of a, 41 points = 4338 (obviously not held)
Wave c= Wave a, 67 points = 4310
Wave c= 1.62* Wave a, 108 points=4270

Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Has anyone else been suffering a terrific amount of internet attacks in the last week or so?

I've had 6 'Trojan Horse Attempts' per day (2 or 3 yesterday) and today's log of unused port-blocking runs to 6pages.

I presume this was the reason for the FTSE 100 wobbles: the release of the minutes of the last Bank of England interest rate meeting.

Four out of nine Bank of England policy makers voted to raise interest rates this month, the first time any member has opted for an increase in 15 months, fueling expectations of higher borrowing costs by year-end

I don't get these attacks. It's really strange. I'm on the internet all day. Maybe you get false alerts. What protection are you wearing? :cheesy:

I also get up to a dozen a day.

Perhaps you have them but just do not get alerted.

I leave the alert on - at least that way I know that I am stopping them.

Get ZoneAlarm. Its free on the net and I haven't been attacked and I'm on all day with broadband.

Shouldn't this discussion re internet attacks be on a different thread. This thread is about trading the FTSE 100.

it's random. The hackers have programmes (eg Back Oriface) which do searches for on line IP addresses.

Some years ago my son gat a copy and i tried it out. In a few seconds I had a list of hundreds of ip addresses which were not protected. I went into one system and looked in their accounts system.

I had complete access.

It's quite rediculous really. You can block your IP address from being seen but not if you want to receive any streaming info.

I have both. Though have not updated Norton for 6 months. Hope we can now get back to discussing FTSE trading.

Yes,I do believe this has been a top.We're now in a new phase.I might have to start posting about the internet to get my mind off the tension.