FTSE 100 Intraday - November

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we going to break down towards the 50% Fib? Currently struggling but that could be because its lunchtime.

have no idea but one more down move might trigger a pull back in the run up to the Dow open?
my trailing stop is getting very close.

but although it looks weak, we have got a very minor higher low in place at the moment.

so if the next move is up, I shall close for now.

Bonsai,

Channel on 60 min chart, UKX, commencing on 23/10 @ 4209, touching again at support on the 24/10 @ 4219, almost touching on the 30/10 @4257, again @ 4273 ,3/11, & now just penetrated at sub 4,300, imho not enogh to say that the channel has broken down.

Next step, could be back up imho.

Cannot post a chart, using Sierra, unless someone knows otherwise.

lockstock, I see it.
pretty much the same line as mine.
suspect it may not be a major trend channel, just a correction
so although it has been broken I dont see that as hugely significant.
havent seen anything yet that says we wont go to 4450 and maybe beyond.
it may be worth keeping the bottom line of that channel on your charts to see what happens when we pull back up to it ?
although it has been support, it may well turn into resistance higher up ? (some big players seem to use that as a signal)

the only channel I am working on at the moment, is the one on page1 of this thread.

other people seem to post sierra charts. can you not save them as .jpg and then attach them in your posts ?

Bonsai,
Did we complete your wave c during lunchtime and are we now implusive or are we still in the process of witnessing wave 4 of c?

Here is the chart

Attachments

• ftse.gif
    ftse.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 234
sorry mully been away for a while.
am in the process of closing down the cottage for the winter
and returning to civilisation for xmas so will be in and out for the rest of the week.

no, I cant make a full 5 wave count yet, so am short again.
but now its turned down, it must stay down to complete the count.

well another boring day really...1 winner 1 loser and net gain of 5 lol.

Like the look of those supercharts. oh things are on the move be back in a bit couold be going long again shortly...

mully/lockstock
that pull back hit the underside of that channel line and found resistance like I thought it might.
it also stopped at the foot of my 1 leg (which is where a 4 should stop). So the double effect was a good chart signal , imo

ok, then
I guess technically, the move could be over with the new low for the day. But it can always extend and go lower. As far as I know there is no sure way of telling.
Certainly we cant say that 3 wave has been an extended wave, so 5 could become one ?
But its 4pm (darn it), so have closed for the day. That way I wont have too stick around to night if it needs nursing.

If it does pull back, the next decision may be tricky.

Last edited:
having now seen both the afternoon sell off and the pull back,
we may be in 4th of 5th.
its only a guess, but I cannot see the sort of 5 leg finish that
often comes with the end of something.

LOL went long but closed too early but it was close to the end of day...true Bonsai I am looking at the US now...much the same as the FTSE.....60 min rolled over but it's not going anywhere...shorter time frames oversold so expect a bounce currently 91...later on :D

Will check in tomorrow.

seem to have had a great deal of difficulty accessing this board.
Have been trying for the last half hour. anybody else ?

anyway, here is the chart at the end of day with a possible wave count. (before the auction - but that doesnt change anything)

Attachments

• nov5a.gif
    nov5a.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 368
Thursday 6th November

Economics
UK: October BRD Shop Index
UK: October Overseas Travel & Tourism
UK: October NTC/REC Jobs Report
UK: October SMMT Vehicle Registrations
UK: November Bank of England MPC Interest Rate decision

Finals
McCarthy & Stone, Punch Taverns

Interims
H1: BAA, Big Food Group, Boots, London Stock Exchange, MAN, Scottish & Southern Energy, Sondex, Synergy Helathcare, Tate & Lyle
Q3: BG, Cryptologic, Telewest

Let's hope the MPC don't do anything foolish, otherwise we may see an extended 5th ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lockstock
never throw an old trend line away - just because its been broken ?

Attachments

• break.gif
    break.gif
    7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
morning
managed to get a short on last night at 315
didn't seem to be much upside risk.

feeling good about it now.

morning chaps,

Up late,

went to shost the UKX @ 295, activated the short @ £3pp, only to realise I'd shorted the dam INDU @ 773Where's the icon for sleepy?)

Anyway, came out on top 9 pts :D

In my ignorance, I try to concentrate on Ftse. There is so little real (weighted) tech in Ftse, it hardly matters ?
On the other hand there seemed enough resistance around 4320 to stick to my wave count.
Even a gap up opening might have been rejected and given me time to get out.
But I had at least the protection against a gap up of about 16 pts.

This approach doesnt always work though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.